Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546 LastLast

Yah I heard that about LA County, next county over from mine. After loosening up the restrictions two weeks ago they are going back. Sheesh.

Fact still remains that the increase in cases is overwhelmingly taking place among those who are not fully vaccinated for COVID. Which is a little less than half the population. Vaccinated people are well protected against COVID, including against the Delta variant, data has been showing.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Woman refused vaccines for her daughter. Now she regrets it.

Angela Morris said she resisted Covid-19 vaccinations for herself and her 13-year-old daughter believing that other preventative measures, like mostly staying home and wearing masks, would be enough to ward off infection.

But on July 1, Morris wrote on Facebook that her daughter, Caia Morris Cooper, had tested positive for Covid. Two days later, she updated her friends that her daughter had been admitted to Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock and was on a ventilator.

"I am so scared right now and I feel so helpless," she posted.

Nearly two weeks later, Caia remained in the hospital, Morris said Friday, and was again intubated after being taken off a ventilator Thursday night.

"It's very hard not knowing if she's really going to come home anymore or not," Morris told a CBS affiliate in Little Rock from her daughter's hospital room. "It's heartbreaking. I wish I would've made better choices for her."
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With the Delta variant of the virus making it's presence known here in Philadelphia with increased cases, city officials recommended that people mask up indoors, regardless of if they're vaccinated or not. With just 62 percent of residents fully vaccinated, I hope this is the only backward step, the next step would be returning to masking outdoors.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

While it looks like both conventions are still going forward, the New York Comic Con has new Covid health update while some creators are pulling out of Florida's Megacon. Article Link.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

It has had zero affect on my life because i don't choose to let it. I'm honestly sick of the mask BS

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    It has had zero affect on my life because i don't choose to let it. I'm honestly sick of the mask BS
    You can't choose not to get a virus from force of will. A mask can save your life.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You can't choose not to get a virus from force of will. A mask can save your life.
    I wear masks off and on. Still haven't caught anything. I'm honestly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    I wear masks off and on. Still haven't caught anything. I'm honestly fine.
    Good for you. But you haven't "chosen" to not let it affect you. You've been lucky.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I work in one of Boston's busiest emergency rooms (I am a ER Tech, should have been a nurse 20 years ago but ill get there some day). Covid hit the area I work in very very hard. One of the heaviest hit areas in MA. At the beginning it scared the **** out of me. Seeing people die right in front of me was awful. Wearing a N95 for 12 hours plus wearing a full protection suit...damn that was tough. I got through it though.

I am kind of scared of the Delta variant. My buddy at work just got it after working with me for the past 2 years. He is doing much better now. Just gotta be safe, say prayers and wash those hands and keep the mask on.

F#ck Covid!!!!
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Incredible Member

Things are very bad in Kentucky. Our governor is trying his best, but it is a struggle.

For me and my wife we have many health struggles, it is hard to essentially be locked in your house.
    Every time we go out we wear masks, avoid restaurants. But we try to keep our spirits up.
    Comics and writing provide a great release.

Spectacular Member

I need to decide in the next few weeks about if I should be letting unvaccinated people setup and sell at my little comic book show. After over a year I decided that as long as people are masked up and I at least discourage the unvaccinated dealers from setting up. I'm bringing back my show.

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    I need to decide in the next few weeks about if I should be letting unvaccinated people setup and sell at my little comic book show. After over a year I decided that as long as people are masked up and I at least discourage the unvaccinated dealers from setting up. I'm bringing back my show.
    You could require a negative COVID test for those unvaccinated.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spectacular Member

You could require a negative COVID test for those unvaccinated.
    Thanks for the suggestions. So far the overlap between the Unvaccinated and the dealers that are annoying has a lot of overlap

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. So far the overlap between the Unvaccinated and the dealers that are annoying has a lot of overlap
    Why am I not surprised?

You will probably have a problem with the mask mandate and the unvaccinated as well.

Spectacular Member

Why am I not surprised?

You will probably have a problem with the mask mandate and the unvaccinated as well.
    I've already told everyone that the mask mandated is a deal breaker, and following a suggestion from Scott Shaw, designed and ordered a bunch a face masks for the show.