Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    While it looks like both conventions are still going forward, the New York Comic Con has new Covid health update while some creators are pulling out of Florida's Megacon. Article Link.
    From the article...

...Unfortunately, Florida has been experiencing one of its biggest COVID surges since the pandemic began, with a 700% increase in cases from a month ago. And Orange County, where Orlando is located, declared a state of emergency last week over the rising infection and hospitalization rate.
    Emphasis mine.

Up 700%? **** Florida right now. Not even free plane/hotel/spending money could get me on a plane to go to a Plague State right now. See y'all next year...dunno, maybe.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    From the article...

Emphasis mine.

Up 700%? **** Florida right now. Not even free plane/hotel/spending money could get me on a plane to go to a Plague State right now. See y'all next year...dunno, maybe.
    Disney Cruise line started up yesterday with passengers. That's our favorite vacation right now. I've got a cruise booked for next year, but if Florida keeps it up like this we won't be going.

Astonishing Member

We are back in our offices now for a little over a month. And Delta variant is kicking our asses. Offshore workers in the Oil industry in the US are going to predominantly come from deep red states so there is massive anti mask, anti vax headwinds. We have had to completely shut down just this past month multiple offshore assets because of Covid outbreaks. Spending millions in testing , and navigating quarantines from diff countries. It is such a colossal headache when you have to deal with hardheaded people and hope customers demand vaccinated assets from us. Which has been the case on a few.

Working around so many unvaccinated is stressful. Even though some of us are vaccinated we are seeing a lot of breakthrough cases . I know officially they say breakthroughs are rare. But, I think our exposure to so many die hard anti mask anti vax is kind of inflating our cases.

My niece went to Florida recently, but thankfully it was right before the surge, and she didn't catch anything.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member

A school here started last week.

Normally this school would have anywhere from 300-500 kids.

Guess how many showed up for the entire first week?

Guess where Covid is having a field day here? In a BLACK neighborhood. Not just any Black neighborhood. The where the State Fair of Texas is held along with Texas vs OU and Prairie View vs Grambling in October.

Lets not forget the play Hamilton, Tyrese and Jersey Boys are suppose to be here in November.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Here in Philadelphia, an updated mask mandate went into effect at midnight, thanks to increased cases from the delta variant. You gotta mask up while in stores, restaurants and whatnot all over the city, regardless of if you're vaccinated or not. Frustrating, it feels like we're going backwards from just a scant few months ago.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Here in Philadelphia, an updated mask mandate went into effect at midnight, thanks to increased cases from the delta variant. You gotta mask up while in stores, restaurants and whatnot all over the city, regardless of if you're vaccinated or not. Frustrating, it feels like we're going backwards from just a scant few months ago.
    One guy's take...

They never should have tried to sell folks on a sunny version of that folks who were vaccinated could just go back to "Classic Coke..." life.

There was always a realistic version of how this was going to play out where it was going to be at least one round of "One Step Forward/Two Steps Back..."

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take...

They never should have tried to sell folks on a sunny version of that folks who were vaccinated could just go back to "Classic Coke..." life.

There was always a realistic version of how this was going to play out where it was going to be at least one round of "One Step Forward/Two Steps Back..."
    If the double-mutation Delta variant had come around, say, half a year later, then we might have been a lot better off in many countries. I think the more optimistic outlook was warranted until Delta showed up.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

In UK our daily infection rates from Delta variant are sky high..

But…of course no need to worry with Uncle Boris in charge (Lol)….so masks are optional, though recommended.

For now daily hospital admissions and deaths are way down compared to before the vaccination campaign….so just got to hope link between infections and subsequent serious illness has been severed.

Frustrating, it feels like we're going backwards from just a scant few months ago.
    Indeed, governements over the world have spent billions for vaccines who in the end don't even really work.

If that's not the biggest scam ever i don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Indeed, governements over the world have spent billions for vaccines who in the end don't even really work.

If that's not the biggest scam ever i don't know what is.
    Man...

Politely, it's not anywhere near as simple as that.

If you mean "Will actually stop transmission and keep you from winding up on a ventilator or dead..."?

Sure. They oversold just how effective it would be on slowing/stopping spread. Which they never should have done.

Past that, yes. A strain is still getting through the vaccine.

All that said?

It is seemingly working on the "You won't wind up on a ventilator or dead..." front.

So, yeah...

While I guess I get where you are coming from, I think that "Scam..." is overstating it a bit.

They just never should have oversold what they thought it might do the way that they did.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 08-15-2021 at 01:58 AM.

Comic conventions all around the country have updated their protocols.

L.A. schools have found 3,600 cases of Covid in teachers and students since they started mandatory testing. Article Link.

Oh, and there has been at least 230 cases linked to the Watershed Music Festival.

This is NEVER going to end.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.