Default What’s a movie outside Batman you would like to see

I do love Batman but after how many live action movies there are. I want other characters. Sadly with Birds of Prey bombing I don’t know if they will do another movies.

For me Batgirl, Nightwing, and Outsiders maybe

It’ll never happen since Sony beat them to it w. Morbius, but DC putting out a Man-Bat movie would be my choice.

Set in Gotham, w. no direct Batman interaction, but occasional references that remind us he’s out and about, like whoever the requisite cop in the movie is, sees Man-Bat flying away in the dark and mutters “Christ, not -another- Bat”.

Nightwing would definitely be cool, not sure if it would just be showing him become Nightwing again or not but it could be fun.

I'd also love to see Helena Wayne Huntress or Damian Wayne, I'm sure the movie going audience would be interested in the son or daughter of Batman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Cassandra Cain - Honestly, as Batgirl, Black Bat, Orphan, whatever, they could easily adapt that Shadow Of The Batgirl graphic novel for a comparatively low budget but high appeal story. If a director who has a great visual flair for storytelling got paired with a talented young actress with enough skills in mime and martial arts to handle the workload, I think you’d have an almost instant recipe for success. You could keep Babs as her mentor, integrate Batman as a supporting cast member as well, or skip both of you really wanted to.

Dick Grayson - This may sound kind of goofy, but I think a good idea would be to combine Grayson and Nightwing as one single story; have a graduated Grayson who was Robin get recruited by Spiral, with the twist being he actually wants to infiltrate them and his estrangement from Bruce is, while somewhat genuine, exaggerated for effect. Then have the twist be that Spiral knows that, but he knows they know that, etc., until eventually he becomes Nightwing while tangling with the villains. Black Widow is meant to be the spy fiction/superhero hybrid, but I think embracing the more zany and crazy stuff from Grayson and DC would be a major change up.

You could also honestly just update and adapt Tim Drake’s frost miniseries as a Robin if you wanted to.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

Fantastic Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Birds of Prey: Batgirl/Catwoman
    Birds of Prey: Catwoman/Oracle

I would say also "Birds of Prey: Black Canary/Oracle" and the stories about Robin of Chuck Dixon, but I din't read them, I'm suggesting them only because I know the writer is good.

Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Robin

for kids

Because I swear if I see one more person trying to avoid making Robin into a movie because it doesn't fit the tone of Batman or DCEU... B*tch, you made Joker! That doesn't fit DCEU's tone either! If you can make a realistic Joker separate from DCEU, the opposite is true as well. You can make a fun story of Robin for kids.

Yea. I can't say why not have Robin. Especially if you go with Grayson than end off with Jason Todd.

Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea. I can't say why not have Robin. Especially if you go with Grayson than end off with Jason Todd.
    Kind of a dark note to end on, with Death in the Family. Though, I suppose they could do something different. Then again I would love to see Under the Red Hood live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Kind of a dark note to end on, with Death in the Family. Though, I suppose they could do something different. Then again I would love to see Under the Red Hood live action.
    If DC did any kind of planning/forward thinking, instead of trying to do everything all at once, Under The Red Hood could have been in play for years now, and had a real impact, as we would have seen Death in The Family and it’s aftermath, instead of just coming out of nowhere.

Standing Member

To paraphrase Groucho Marx, " . . . inside Batman, it's too dark to see a movie."
    "We will meet again."

A good and competent Catwoman movie this time!

I would love to see a crime movie based on Gotham Central.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

Pull List - Lois Lane, Amazing Mary Jane, Black Cat, Doctor Doom, Gwen Stacy, Jane Foster Valkyrie, Morbius Savage Avengers, Strike Force, Something Is Killing The Children

My name change was approved. Old name. Tbaron

Baby Blob's Comic Blog - https://sites.google.com/view/mycomicbookjourney/home Updates every Wednesday and Saturday.

Definitely agree with Robin. That's a kids movie I would very much like to see made.

Cass Cain has so much potential as an IP. She's a fascinating character with a fascinating journey. She'd do very well as a low budget character piece with fantastic and graphic action sequences.

Nightwing, obviously, could be a very successful film franchise.

Batman Beyond could be pretty badass in live action as well.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

Bridge Four!