Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I would rather that the Abrams spider-mini would simply come out as a complete graphic novel once all the artwork is done. best of success to all the creatives involved.
    Yeah, same here. Let us read it all in one shot and decide if it's good or not.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    The Abrams book is currently delayed. There is work on it (Pichelli has been showing her artwork), but yeah, it's late.
    Actually, all the issues have already been solicited.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So what happened to the JJ Abrams Spider-book? What happened after they brought back the Avengers Zombies?
    I heard the sales were so bad compared to what Abrams promised that Disney/Marvel is very reluctant to finish the series. Some people honestly thought every issue would sell well north of one million copies in the first printing.

LMAO at the Peter is invited by Tony to join a "Teenage Hero Think Tank" bit. Marvel is still determined to de-age Pete in all but name whenever and however possible, eh, how pathetic. Peter as a teen stories are so last century. Well, at least Miles is growing as a character and he is the actual teen....
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-20-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

I think I'll get Spider-Man Annual 21 Reprint the wedding issue, never read an actual issue so might as well as get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I heard the sales were so bad compared to what Abrams promised that Disney/Marvel is very reluctant to finish the series. Some people honestly thought every issue would sell well north of one million copies in the first printing.

LMAO at the Peter is invited by Tony to join a "Teenage Hero Think Tank" bit. Marvel is still determined to de-age Pete in all but name whenever and however possible, eh, how pathetic. Peter as a teen stories are so last century. Well, at least Miles is growing as a character and he is the actual teen....
    First off, it's an out of continuity story and based off the Disney Parks ride, which has this exact same premise. So I don't see how it's pathetic for Marvel to have one five issue series with this as opposed to the myriad of comics that feature classic Spider-Man. Complain if you want, but don't be dumb about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    First off, it's an out of continuity story and based off the Disney Parks ride, which has this exact same premise. So I don't see how it's pathetic for Marvel to have one five issue series with this as opposed to the myriad of comics that feature classic Spider-Man. Complain if you want, but don't be dumb about it.
    *Yawn* Whatever you say. It doesn't matter to me anyway as I've given up on 616 Peter as a character until and unless something changes (such as the Kindred reveal).

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Celgress;4898883]*Yawn* Whatever you say. It doesn't matter to me anyway as I've given up on 616 Peter as a character until and unless something changes (such as the Kindred reveal).[/QUOTE
    Would Gwen as Kindred and the marriage restored ( maybe even in ASM 850)?’work for you?

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;4899097]
    *Yawn* Whatever you say. It doesn't matter to me anyway as I've given up on 616 Peter as a character until and unless something changes (such as the Kindred reveal).[/QUOTE
    Would Gwen as Kindred and the marriage restored ( maybe even in ASM 850)?’work for you?
    It would indeed get me interested again. I'm tired of zero character growth for 616 Pete & co, which has been a persistent problem since OMD. While I enjoyed much of what Spencer has done (up until I stopped reading several months ago) I'm deeply concerned the Marvel Office will prevent him from taking Spider-Man out of the character development freeze they've imposed. There is barely even an illusion of change anymore for Spidey let all own true character develop. Take Batman and Superman by way of contrast. With Batman, you have Damian, Alfred's death, and whatever is going on with him & Catwoman. With Superman, there is his marriage to Lois, Jon Kent, and his recent secret identity reveal.

Amazing Member

*Yawn* Whatever you say. It doesn't matter to me anyway as I've given up on 616 Peter as a character until and unless something changes (such as the Kindred reveal).
    Hopefully that will happen in isuse 43. The ending of the current Boomerang arc has the solicits say that "Peter Parker's life will change possibly forever." The immediate issue afterwards is said to be the first face to face confrontation with Spidey and Kindred but as a Boomerang fan I would love if it had to do with Fred's actions. Maybe something Fred does in the current arc is a risk for everything Kindred is putting in place. Would love that!

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping to get my pull list of The Amazing Spider-Man #47 and #48. I might give Non-Stop Spider-Man #1 a go. I've read little by Joe Kelly and I don't like Chris Bachalo's art.

Amazing Member

This one was missing from the list:

EMPYRE: SPIDER-MAN #3
    TARAN KILLAM (W), DIEGO OLORTEGUI (A), Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    VARIANT COVER BY MARCO CHECCHETTO
    * If there's one thing you know about Peter Parker it's that he will sacrifice his personal life for saving people as Spider-Man.
    * This time, that sacrifice will change aspects of his relationship with his girlfriend, Mary Jane, but it may save MANY lives. This time from an interstellar invader.
    * Maybe his burgeoning friendship with a new, strange, very small Spider-Man-obsessed super hero will help fix things?
    32 pages, $3.99.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    I think I'll get Spider-Man Annual 21 Reprint the wedding issue, never read an actual issue so might as well as get it now.
    I have the previous issues to the Wedding, so this may be a good opportunity to finally read it
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I'm pretty sure Disney/ Marvel aren't in any way responsible for delays. The co-writer is a busy guy.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Thoughts:

- I'll be interested to see just how "Non-Stop" Non-Stop Spider-Man is. I guess it's the "adventure" book of the titles.

- The new WEB is kind of random. Sudden MCU tie-in? One-shot AU? Just not sure what it's going for. I like Kevin Shinick though.

- Gwen Stacy vs The Kingpin? It's probably too much to expect this meeting will show how out of her depth Gwen is, isn't it?

- They're really leaning into the Arkham Aslyum comparisons with Ravencroft in those ASM solicits.

- So the Oni Mask assassin has future tech? I wonder what that's about. I hope Ze Carlos can live up to Carlos Gomez' work on the title.

- I guess Miles is no longer dealing with Outlawed upfront in his own book, but instead his own Clone Saga.

- Ha! Blade and Morbius. That always ends well .

- I never expected to see Lilly Hollister back in her "heroic" identity and trying to make Black Cat her self-proclaimed Archenemy. That should be amusing, although Felicia will probably complain she's not a Supervillain again. Then again, she just robbed from Iron Man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Spider-Gwen does still have at least one appearance in June...

MARVEL ACTION SPIDER-MAN (2020) #6

(W) Brandon Easton (A/CA) Fico Ossio

The Spidey team has taken on ferocious foes of all kinds, but they've never faced anyone with a sting like this villain's. Prepare for the coming of the Scorpion in this perfect jumping-on point for new readers. From writer Brandon Easton (Star Trek: Year Five, Agent Carter) and artist Fico Ossio (No One Left to Fight, Transformers: Unicron).
    In Shops: Jun 10, 2020

SRP: $3.99
    That is a pretty sick Scorpion design.

BANNED

I'm pretty certain no one actually thought that. No one at Marvel, at least.

I don't think Marvel themselves is reluctant to finish the series. Abrams, on the other hand, might not be too engaged with it at this point.

I dropped it after one issue so whatever they do with it doesn't matter to me.