Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Flash Thompson. Have a story where Ross cloned Flash using the Jackal's process...and gave him a blood transfusion from William Burnside (50s Cap) and the SSS stabilized the Flash clone.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Rita DeMara
    Ultragirl
    (Living) Lightning
    Cloud 9
    Komodo
    Julia Carpenter
    Neal Shaara Thunderbird
    Julia, Komodo, and Ultragirl I especially like on your list. Julia because she was doing the superhero-slash-mom thing well before Jessica Drew, and her daughter Rachel is getting to be old enough by Marvel-time standards that she could easily become a new Spider-Girl (which would free Anya Corazon to call herself Arana again). Komodo would be interesting to see in the current Spider-Man books by Nick Spencer, given her connection to Curt Connors, who is back to teaching at Empire State University as of the first issue of Spencer's ASM. Ultragirl would be especially relevant in the upcoming Empyre, and an arc with her and Carol Danvers reuniting would be cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Flash Thompson. Have a story where Ross cloned Flash using the Jackal's process...and gave him a blood transfusion from William Burnside (50s Cap) and the SSS stabilized the Flash clone.
    Hmm, that could be interesting, though wasn't the problem with William Burnside that his version of the SSS (Super-Soldier Serum) was unstable, which led to mental --- and in time physical --- degeneration? Unless Ross had a plan for that, too . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'd be fine with the revival of either version of Genis-Vell (Captain Marvel of the '90s):

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-18-2020 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Julia, Komodo, and Ultragirl I especially like on your list. Julia because she was doing the superhero-slash-mom thing well before Jessica Drew, and her daughter Rachel is getting to be old enough by Marvel-time standards that she could easily become a new Spider-Girl (which would free Anya Corazon to call herself Arana again). Komodo would be interesting to see in the current Spider-Man books by Nick Spencer, given her connection to Curt Connors, who is back to teaching at Empire State University as of the first issue of Spencer's ASM. Ultragirl would be especially relevant in the upcoming Empyre, and an arc with her and Carol Danvers reuniting would be cool as well.

Hmm, that could be interesting, though wasn't the problem with William Burnside that his version of the SSS (Super-Soldier Serum) was unstable, which led to mental --- and in time physical --- degeneration? Unless Ross had a plan for that, too . . .
    Did she have Rachel before of after she got her spider mojo??

Jack Monroe's mental state stabilized...and yes he did deteriorate later. And I would say there were other factors <cough>FAUSTUS<cough> with Burnside's mental state. But it is comics...they can do whatever they want with the story. Maybe they figured out vita-rays. I want Flash back...as a super...and NOT a spider or symbiote....so super soldier seems interesting for him to me.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-20-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Eddie McDonough, the High-Flying Hornet!

A ridiculous, meaningless death that demands a revival.

-Pav, who needs all his Slingers back...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Did she have Rachel before of after she got her spider mojo??

Jack Monroe's mental state stabilized...and yes he did deteriorate later. And I would say there were other factors <cough>FAUSTUS<cough> with Burnside's mental state. But it is comics...they can do whatever they want with the story. Maybe they figured out vita-rays. I want Flash back...as a super...and NOT a spider or symbiote....so super soldier seems interesting for him to me.
    Before, though considering Cassie Lang got Pym Particle-based powers from spending "too much time" around her dad after he became Ant-Man, there's room for Rachel Carpenter to follow in her mother's footsteps, too. I also see your point about bringing back Flash Thompson and how the pitfalls of Burnside's version of the Super-Soldier Serum could be averted or avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Eddie McDonough, the High-Flying Hornet!

A ridiculous, meaningless death that demands a revival.

-Pav, who needs all his Slingers back...
    Yeah, he deserved a lot better than being offed by the claws of a brainwashed Wolverine. (Thanks a lot, Mark Millar.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Before, though considering Cassie Lang got Pym Particle-based powers from spending "too much time" around her dad after he became Ant-Man, there's room for Rachel Carpenter to follow in her mother's footsteps, too. I also see your point about bringing back Flash Thompson and how the pitfalls of Burnside's version of the Super-Soldier Serum could be averted or avoided.
    Cassie did not get her Pym Particles just by being around Scott...she was actually purposely dosing herself trying to give herself powers.

Cassie did not get her Pym Particles just by being around Scott...she was actually purposely dosing herself trying to give herself powers.
    Oh, good point. Thanks for the correction.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Cloud 9.

Anything been done with her recently?
    Did she die?

Sharon Ventura
    Julia Carpenter as Arachne Woman
    Sepulchre with America Eagle
    Bill Foster
    El Aguila
    Lyja
    Laser Fist
    Skein

The entire Initiative

Astonishing Member

Omega

Victoria hand

Kurse

Echo

Finesse

D man

Sharon Ventura

Some have been seen, but imo not nearly enough

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Did she die?
    Not that I recall, no.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Omega

Victoria hand

Kurse

Echo

Finesse

D man

Sharon Ventura

Some have been seen, but imo not nearly enough
    Just popped up in Hawkeye: Freefall.

Astonishing Member

Pretty much all of the NuHumans and Inhumans introduced during the Inhumanity wave. In addition to Inferno, Flint, Naja, Iso, Reader and them, I am also including Kid Kaiju.

Obligatory mention of Scott Washington/Hybrid and Patrick Mulligan/Toxin; both were wasted potential and the former was offed sans nuance, care, or respect. Or logical reason (because there no way that Brock, with or without powers, would be able to punk Hybrid the way he did, like Scott was some zero-day newbie who just came into powers that morning). With Flash gone, I'll add him to this list, too. But unlike the above poster, I'd definitely want him back as a Symbiote Spider. (While I still feel that Brock worked best in his character progression as Anti-Venom, with Marvel fervent on Brock=Venom, I'm fine with Flash filling the Anti-Venom role he did prior to getting offed 10 seconds later.)

I second the mentions of Brashear's two sons. And also Brashear himself.

Speaking of a few who aren't technically dead or in limbo but might as well be based on screentime and use of presence, I'd also add Sam Alexander/Nova, Joaquin Torres/Falcon, Sam Wilson/Falcon (and Captain America, which I would still prefer), and Rayshaun Lucas/Patriot. And Robbie Reyes/Ghost Rider (more because he's been an Avenger for some time now, yet the solos/minis out aren't dedicated or even featuring his character...). Gabe Reyes, too, for that matter. And Robbie's recurring supporting cast he's gathered so far.

Also, does anyone know if Sam Chung/Blindspot is still around in Matt Murdock's sphere of late?

Other mentions include Kevin Masterson/Thunderstrike (his last use seemed okay, I guess, but I didn't really feel the re-design that took away his late 90's/early-2000's freshness and charm, and as elevated as the Thor mythos has been for a while now, Kevin's sheer absence throughout it as a young protege/young gun felt noticeable). Then there's the Avenger's Academy kids, along with a couple among the Arena+ series. I miss Striker and Finesse, and Reptil and Mettle both got done dirty.

And Roberto da Costa/Sunspot's elevation during New Avengers/USAvengers, and prior. (Don't miss the whitewashing, but miss everything else.) In fact, I miss those books something fierce.

These are just a chunk that come to mind at this moment. There are more, definitely. I hope Cho and the New Agents of Atlas don't get added to the list when Atlantis Attacks concludes.