Amazing Member

Default If Image rvided the atlas seaboard charectors

would image of handled a revival of 1975 atlas seaboard well?

Invincible Member

Well, Image is mostly creator owned titles so it's unlikely those characters would appear there. I can sorta imagine them being published by Dynamite or IDW, however I don't know the state of the trademarks etc for the Atlas characters.

Astonishing Member

There was a revival about a decade ago but it didn't do so well.

If you got some of the creators who can do super-heroes really well, without doing generic stories, yes. Guys like Robert Kirkman, Mark Millar and Erik Larsen could probably do outstanding work with the material.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    There was a revival about a decade ago but it didn't do so well.
    I did not know this. Can you give me a few more details to help my searching?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Wikipedia's revival section

pquote]Circa 2010, Martin Goodman's grandson Jason Goodman announced a partnership with Ardden Entertainment to relaunch Atlas Comics starting with two "#0" issues featuring the Grim Ghost and Phoenix.[13] With another character, Wulf the Barbarian, they were the stars of a miniseries, Atlas Unified, announced in September 2011 for publication that November.[14]

Jason Goodman's Nemesis Group Inc. belatedly discovered that one Jeffrey Stevens had acquired the trademark "Atlas Comics" for comic books in October 2005. Nemesis filed suit in 2010, arguing that Stevens had no demonstrated use of the trademark, and on March 13, 2012, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board allowed the case to proceed to trial. The Board ultimately ruled against Goodman, and on August 10, 2014, Stevens assigned the trademark to Dynamite Characters LLC. In February 2016, Nemesis Group filed a new Atlas Comics logo at the United States Patent and Trademark Office for a possible challenge to Dynamite's registration.[15]

A new Atlas company was formed by May 2019 with SP Media Group owning a majority and Goodman retaining an interest. The new company purchased the Atlas characters and IPs from Nemesis Group that month. A number of deals to bring the characters to theaters starting in 2021 with one release each year with budgets starting at $60 million were also announced. Akiva Goldsman and his Weed Road Pictures were hired to run a writers room to develop 10 story outlines to select one for further development and production. Paramount Pictures was signed on in a first-look contract which includes development, financing, producing and distribution with Paramount holding North American rights and SP Media holding international rights. Further rights exploitation would be done jointly. Atlas appointed Goodman as head of publishing and executive producer and Spike Seldin as president of production. Seldin would supervise development with Weed Road's Greg Lessans and produce with Steven Paul and Goldsman.[[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It was done by Ardden Entertainment circa 2010-2012. Tom Peyer was involved in the relaunch, as well as some other familiar names. They started with a crossover event-Atlas Unified...

and then did a bunch of title revivals, most lasting about 6 issues.

you can find listings for them at Lonestar/mycomicshop

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    They started with a crossover event-Atlas Unified...
    As you can see from it's cover date, Atlas Unified didn't come first. Grim Ghost, Phoenix and Wulf all pre-dated it, starting with a March 2011 cover date.