Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

1980s for Batman: Year One, The Killing Joke, The Dark Knight Returns, A Death in the Family and Arkham Asylum.

2006-2013 for Grant Morrison's EPIC Batman run. After that, Scott Snyder with the Black Mirror and Snyder/Capullo's New 52 Batman work.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

The 90's without a doubt. Like Knightfall through just before HUSH.

HUSH is where it all went downhill.

I loved the Morrison/Dini era too but place the 90's run above it because I feel that a lot of Morrison's stuff referenced a lot of prior stuff.

BANNED

Morrison and Rucka

10char
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-23-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    The 90's without a doubt. Like Knightfall through just before HUSH.

HUSH is where it all went downhill.
    The same for me, and I agree with everything you said. During the 90's, I came back to DC Comics and began reading their books on a regular basis. The majority won't agree, but 90's DC Comics had a lot of great & interesting stuff that still hasn't been surpassed (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-23-2020 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Follow the rules.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

The Golden age.

Batman or Batfamily? I prefer Batman with a Robin, or at least a strong supporting cast (really, truly solo heroes without a consistent supporting cast do nothing for me, usually). Not the way Alfred has been too often in modern times, where he seems to exist only to serve Bruce's needs, but where it's a more mutual thing, and where they are on good terms. Not to say I don't like some bronze age, too. Batman was okay with Jason in early post-COIE (was terrible to Dick and to other heroes). Things were pretty good with Dick and Tim in most of the 90s. For me, it definitely ends with No Man's Land. There were problems before that, but good things, too. And there still were good things after, of course, but that's the point where the bad taints the good to me. I could never get past him wanting other heroes not there (or any of them that had a choice consenting to it). Just the height of selfishness to me that the people of Gotham should suffer because it was his town and not anyone else's. Also, I hated how he just ordered Dick to take back Blackgate, regardless of what Dick might have going on in his own life (and that Dick just obeyed orders). I don't think he was good to Cass, really, in regards to her personal growth aftewards, and I didn't like how he tried to restrict her interaction with others. And then how he treated Tim on 16th birthday and how he treated Tim and Steph when Tim quit and so forth and so on.

So, probably mid-1990s for me for Bruce. Will not comment on rest of Batfam, since that may be off-topic.

Rucka is my favorite of the bunch of them.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.