Default Are there any comic collection archive programs?

*hope this is in the right section as a general, non brand comic question*

So after buying a few Bundles of comics over the years I've wound up with a fair few digital comics in some series that I've enjoyed, but which aren't my "top" few that I perfectly remember that I own. As a result I've wound up coming across them in browsing and ended up buying them in error a second time.

Far as I can tell Comixology (which is where I get most of my digital comics) doesn't have a feature that lets you tick an "I own this" box for stuff you already own, but didn't purchase from them. As a result I'm wondering if there's any program or site out there which neatly archives, orders and displays an input collection of comics for easy quick referencing.

I can always write a notepad myself listing out all I own from each series, so its not so much the creation of the list, its simply making it easier and quicker to reference than a long list of names in a text document.

So is there anything out there? Something that you perhaps use to help you keep track of your own collection or some other method that I've not considered/thought of?

The Grand Comic Database https://www.comics.org/

allows you to create an archive of books you own. You can access your collection or collections (depending how you choose to organize them) and see them by cover or go to an individual title and see which issues you own via color-coding. It's alos a great resource for researching comics in general.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Thanks MRP - although either I'm not getting how their site works or its not ordered quite how I'd click with.

I've just tried adding the Metabarons to a collection. However no matter how I word the search query I can't seem to find anything that corresponds to the Volume 1, 2 etc... collection on Comixology. Even more confusing there seems to be multiple listings for some of the same things and yet not the same things, yet some are purely different by a random date after the entry with no actual details within the tab itself.

Am I just not working out the site right or are there lots of false/missleading listings or just really incomplete? Whilst its no DC/marvel I'd have thought it big enough to be well listed yet already I'm hitting a bit of a wall with their search results.

Quote Originally Posted by overread View Post
    Thanks MRP - although either I'm not getting how their site works or its not ordered quite how I'd click with.

I've just tried adding the Metabarons to a collection. However no matter how I word the search query I can't seem to find anything that corresponds to the Volume 1, 2 etc... collection on Comixology. Even more confusing there seems to be multiple listings for some of the same things and yet not the same things, yet some are purely different by a random date after the entry with no actual details within the tab itself.

Am I just not working out the site right or are there lots of false/missleading listings or just really incomplete? Whilst its no DC/marvel I'd have thought it big enough to be well listed yet already I'm hitting a bit of a wall with their search results.

Not sure which Metabarons volume you are looking for. Listings use indictors whether they are for collected editions/OGN or single issues- [b] for books, [m] for magazines.

I usually enter a title, then click on series which eliminates all the story titles, or individual issues or volumes from the listings (if I am looking for a series and not something else). Then I click on publisher and pick the one I am looking for.

So for Metabarons, do you have the volumes put out by Huamnoids or the ones released during their limited partnership with DC? (one of the series started during the DC partnership and had 3 volumes publsihed, but vol. 4 was by Humanoids only, so gets a seperate listing for example, even though it is vol. 4 of a series, as it was the only volume of that series published by DC). If you know what years the editions were published as well, it helps, as well as how many volumes overall were in the series.

The one caveat though, is that it only lists printed editions-so if it was a digital-only collection, it will likely not be listed.

It is also a volunteer only database, so there are things that have not been listed yet.

Not sure if any of that helps as I don't know which edition of Metabarons you have.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Ah if its print only that might throw up some spanners in the works as the bulk of what I have is digital (print are easy for me to remember as its only a handful).
    Plus I've often no idea if an issue or volume is a digital only or print and digital release (comixology isn't always accurate in its listings)