Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This thread is exhausting, why is it so hard to admit both sides have been morally questionable, and did some fucked up ****? None of this **** even matters we all know Franklin's powers still aren't working, and he's not on Krakoa! What's the point of all this back and forth?
    Reed is the only person that's done anything morally questionable by tampering with his child's DNA.

Susan at first and now all of the FF together just did the dumbest thing they could have possibly did by invading Krakoas quiet council and attacking them for literally no reason.

Sure you can chock it up to poor writing(which it is), but we have what we have and the FF don't look too hot right now.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    susan really doesnt need to be defended, she has "I want to speak with the manager" Force on her side.
    Oh my, tres originale

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Reed is the only person that's done anything morally questionable by tampering with his child's DNA.

Susan at first and now all of the FF together just did the dumbest thing they could have possibly did by invading Krakoas quiet council and attacking them for literally no reason.

Sure you can chock it up to poor writing(which it is), but we have what we have and the FF don't look too hot right now.
    Exactly. Literally no one except Krakoa haters presents the mutant side as ‘blameless’. Everyone I know understands that there is darkness in Krakoa, and shady things happening all over. Which is not surprising or unexpected in creating a nation, and accepting ALL mutants who are willing to follow the new laws and rules... And Xavier himself admitted it openly. The one thing we KNOW is that for the bulk of mutants in world, Krakoa is a thing that is different enough - and ‘good’ enough FOR NOW that they aren’t willing to let perfect get in the way of giving their children a future...

No one is saying ‘concern for her child’ is unacceptable. We are criticizing her behavior and actions stemming FROM that concern. Her attacks and insults on former friends and allies without real provocation. THOSE ACTIONS are what gets her rightly called a Karen...
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-22-2020 at 12:52 PM.

You can't talk **** about someone in "their" house, to "their" child and not expect to get your ass whooped. With that being said she should have never invited them in. Everything that happened could have been avoided had the X-Men had the common sense to make a simple phonecall. I've laid hands on people for less. Both sides are handling this wrong so much stupid within 2 issues.
    Last edited by Journey; 03-22-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yes, I do agree that the set up so far is very contrived and I have enjoyed Zdarky's work in the past, like his Marvel Two in One especially. I'm disappointed with his plotting here thus far
    I also liked those issues that´s why I hoped this mini would be good but it was just a dissapointment in all senses a shame because I think Zdarky's work is good but I really don´t know what happened with this mini, even the art is not that good and the Dobsons usually make pretty good art.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena
    You should write stories, LucyInTheSky.
    Thank you I will keep that in mind but I am not much of a writer more like I enjoy the stories and have strong oppinions about them, like a lot of fans.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-22-2020 at 01:21 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

You can't talk **** about someone in "their" house, to "their" child and not expect to get your ass whooped. With that being said she should have never invited them in. Everything that happened could have been avoided had the X-Men had the common sense to make a simple phonecall. I've laid hands on people for less. Both sides are handling this wrong so much stupid within 2 issues.
    But they weren’t talking ****. Magneto state’s a Fact. And Magneto simply compliments Franklin for surviving this long among humans. How is that “Talking Shit”??? Yes, both sides did handle this VERY POORLY in the first place, but it’s the F4 who is making this worse and worse and escalating things further not the X-Men. Everyone already agrees that Charles and Magneto should not have gone. But when you go back and look at the first issue when Storm and the Marauders are standing at their door(mind you FRIENDS of the F4) Sue Richards is on guard. Clearly Sue was already Hostile.

Judging by the second issue the F4 are handling things terrible right now.

I don't like it when people say characters acting dumb is bad writing or something.

People are dumb. It's not bad writing to have characters be dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    But they weren’t talking ****. Magneto state’s a Fact. And Magneto simply compliments Franklin for surviving this long among humans. How is that “Talking ****”??? Yes, both sides did handle this VERY POORLY in the first place, but it’s the F4 who is making this worse and worse and escalating things further not the X-Men. Everyone already agrees that Charles and Magneto should not have gone. But when you go back and look at the first issue when Storm and the Marauders are standing at their door(mind you FRIENDS of the F4) Sue Richards is on guard. Clearly Sue was already Hostile.

Judging by the second issue the F4 are handling things terrible right now.
    "We are above them, and Above you" were the first words that came out of Erik's mouth when addressing Reed and Sue, how is that not talking ****? And then Charles just co signed it by saying "Erik is being blunt", at this point why are Erik and Charles even acting like their the next step of Evolution and deserve to inherit the earth? When we know for a fact that's not the case according to Moira because technology takes them out every single time. It's almost like if they continue to speak the disillusion it'll become fact, they need to tread more carefully honestly their the worst 2 to put in charge of Krakoa way too much ego. And also the so called "friends" you mention didn't even give the courtesy of calling ahead, you don't just pop up at someone's house.

BANNED

"We are above them, and Above you" were the first words that came out of Erik's mouth when addressing Reed and Sue, how is that not talking ****? And then Charles just co signed it by saying "Erik is being blunt", at this point why are Erik and Charles even acting like their the next step of Evolution and deserve to inherit the earth? When we know for a fact that's not the case according to Moira because technology takes them out every single time. It's almost like if they continue to speak the disillusion it'll become fact, they need to tread more carefully honestly their the worst 2 to put in charge of Krakoa way too much ego. And also the so called "friends" you mention didn't even give the courtesy of calling ahead, you don't just pop up at someone's house.
    Of Course those would be the Words Magneto would use considering it was Reed whom accuses Charles of “acting like you’re better than Humanity.....” in the first place that warranted Magneto to be a smart ass. Charles isn’t wrong he simply stated a fact. Mutants are the next step of Human Evolution he’s not lying. Someone as smart as Reed Richards should know that. Moira shows us that Humans had time to evolve before Mutants get the chance to actually take their rightful place. None of this is a Delusion the only Ego that’s being stroke is Magneto because he’s finally happy Charles is seeing the light. When your good friends with someone it shouldn’t be a problem to just stop by regardless if they called or not. As a friend you shouldn’t be hostile in the first place if I’m coming to visit you.

Of Course those would be the Words Magneto would use considering it was Reed whom accuses Charles of “acting like you’re better than Humanity.....” in the first place that warranted Magneto to be a smart ass. Charles isn’t wrong he simply stated a fact. Mutants are the next step of Human Evolution he’s not lying. Someone as smart as Reed Richards should know that. Moira shows us that Humans had time to evolve before Mutants get the chance to actually take their rightful place. None of this is a Delusion the only Ego that’s being stroke is Magneto because he’s finally happy Charles is seeing the light. When your good friends with someone it shouldn’t be a problem to just stop by regardless if they called or not. As a friend you shouldn’t be hostile in the first place if I’m coming to visit you.
    Are they still Xavier and Magneto, though? They are so different.
    Why speaking as if they were the same persons that interacted in the past with the FF, as if Xavier was still their friend?

Xavier's position is so different from the past… as Magneto's. But while Magneto's writing has been very inconsistent along the years, Xavier's writing has never changed… a fixing point… until now.
    Hickman has hit the reset button. You can't reproach the FF for being wary.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Are they still Xavier and Magneto, though? They are so different.
    Why speaking as if they were the same persons that interacted in the past with the FF, as if Xavier was still their friend?

Xavier's position is so different from the past… as Magneto's. But while Magneto's writing has been very inconsistent along the years, Xavier's writing has never changed… a fixing point… until now.
    Hickman has hit the reset button. You can't reproach the FF for being wary.
    I wasn’t clear. I was more referring to Storm, Wolverine and Iceman being their first at the F4 Doorstep. Out of everything that has transpired in DOX Charles and Magneto are the same. The only difference is their views on certain specific things that makes us readers question who are they really. It’s still them...it’s just their views have changed a bit. We already got our answer about Charles the man still believes in Co-Existence and friendship with Humans who killed him in less than month. Magneto himself said he has changed. I’m not sure if The X-Men and the F4 are Friends. Maybe Allies? IDK. But I we all know there are members of the X-Men that are actual Friends of the F4.

I guess you can say Xavier and Magneto are.....”Woke”. That’s because Xavier has been living a lie this entire time. Imagine believing something for a long time only to be told it’s never going to happen or it’s not real. That’s what Apocalypse, Magneto and now Moira have been trying to tell Charles. I love what Hickman has done. It’s too late for the F4 to hit their “Reset Button” the damage is done.

I wasn’t clear. I was more referring to Storm, Wolverine and Iceman being their first at the F4 Doorstep. Out of everything that has transpired in DOX Charles and Magneto are the same. The only difference is their views on certain specific things that makes us readers question who are they really. It’s still them...it’s just their views have changed a bit. We already got our answer about Charles the man still believes in Co-Existence and friendship with Humans who killed him in less than month. Magneto himself said he has changed. I’m not sure if The X-Men and the F4 are Friends. Maybe Allies? IDK. But I we all know there are members of the X-Men that are actual Friends of the F4.

I guess you can say Xavier and Magneto are.....”Woke”. That’s because Xavier has been living a lie this entire time. Imagine believing something for a long time only to be told it’s never going to happen or it’s not real. That’s what Apocalypse, Magneto and now Moira have been trying to tell Charles. I love what Hickman has done. It’s too late for the F4 to hit their “Reset Button” the damage is done.
    I don't think it would make a difference.
    You don't change easily of belief. I don't change easily of belief. Look at these boards: who changes of beliefs? And they are just minor things.
    Xavier's beliefs are at his personality's core. Destroy these beliefs and you destroy his personality. It looks more like a brainwashing to me than anything else.
    Xavier is not woke. He's dead.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don't think it would make a difference.
    You don't change easily of belief. I don't change easily of belief. Look at these boards: who changes of beliefs? And they are just minor things.
    Xavier's beliefs are at his personality's core. Destroy these beliefs and you destroy his personality. It looks more like a brainwashing to me than anything else.
    Xavier is not woke. He's dead.
    Yes, you can when someone comes around and tells you and proves that you’re wrong. I can believe the Grass is Purple with all my heart. Until someone tells me uh no the Grass is Green it will always be green and your living a lie. The same applies to Charles. The man has spent YEARS trying and fighting to co-exist with Humans and has been told many times his Dream is a lie only to be shown that his Dream really is a lie. That’s enough to change one’s mindset. And yet Charles still holds on to his Dream showing us that he still holds hope. Professor X is very much Woke and isn’t brainwashed. He’s changing Tactics.

Yes, you can when someone comes around and tells you and proves that you’re wrong. I can believe the Grass is Purple with all my heart. Until someone tells me uh no the Grass is Green it will always be green and your living a lie. The same applies to Charles. The man has spent YEARS trying and fighting to co-exist with Humans and has been told many times his Dream is a lie only to be shown that his Dream really is a lie. That’s enough to change one’s mindset. And yet Charles still holds on to his Dream showing us that he still holds hope. Professor X is very much Woke and isn’t brainwashed. He’s changing Tactics.
    Doing the same thing over and over again, in the same way, and expecting different results = Insanity.
    Charles believing, again and again despite MASSIVE, REPEATED amounts of evidence to the contrary, that humanity will someday stop trying to murder/torture/cage/depowered/dehumanize every mutant they can and accept mutants = insanity.

Charles changing tactics When it comes to mutant survival, but still hoping mankind will stop being genocidal a**hats when faced with an ‘other’ while working to make human life less crappy is not insanity. It’s a dream, evolved. Turning the other cheek doesn’t work. Hasn’t worked. Will never work. It just gives them a new cheek to hit. Charles has finally realized that with ideas MUST come action if things are to change. Ideas alone won’t win against entrenched xenophobia and bigotry. Ideas alone wont win over the complacent. So instead of continuing to focus on his childlike dream, he has clearly adjusted his dream of peace to put mutants first instead of continuing to demand that mutants stand up for people who ant them dead.

But that makes him a villain now, apparently, and a supremacist fascist cult leader...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Doing the same thing over and over again, in the same way, and expecting different results = Insanity.
    Charles believing, again and again despite MASSIVE, REPEATED amounts of evidence to the contrary, that humanity will someday stop trying to murder/torture/cage/depowered/dehumanize every mutant they can and accept mutants = insanity.

Charles changing tactics When it comes to mutant survival, but still hoping mankind will stop being genocidal a**hats when faced with an ‘other’ while working to make human life less crappy is not insanity. It’s a dream, evolved. Turning the other cheek doesn’t work. Hasn’t worked. Will never work. It just gives them a new cheek to hit. Charles has finally realized that with ideas MUST come action if things are to change. Ideas alone won’t win against entrenched xenophobia and bigotry. Ideas alone wont win over the complacent. So instead of continuing to focus on his childlike dream, he has clearly adjusted his dream of peace to put mutants first instead of continuing to demand that mutants stand up for people who ant them dead.

But that makes him a villain now, apparently, and a supremacist fascist cult leader...
    I’d call it Denial not Insanity, but that’s my Opinion.

Everything you just said I full on support. None of that makes him a Supremacist, a Cult Leader or a Racist. I think that’s people’s Headcannon.