Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Everyoen got doubed down to have a conflict, I expected a lot less of fight and more of a team up
    And then both sides will just decide what the hell, let's attack Doom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Which is perfectly understandable. The X-Men have been crapped on for years, and while I personally see a lot of problems/flaws with Krakoa which mostly just has to do with their leadership, the mutant population has never been in a more dominant position! And fans are loving this writers for some reason have always felt the need to kick them while their down as if that's the only way the X-Men are intresting. Now that they see that's not the case I feel writers are going to keep building them up from hear on out. An unbiased author could build the X-Men mythos and whoever they crossover with and it could be a great story if weguve it a chance. I'm just saying it's a new era and just isolating the mutants from the rest of 616 seems like such a waste I want to see them show their greatness. Just my opinion.
    im all for them to get their own universe, and its a waste to everyone but the x-men since they shouldnt be allowed to leech off the work the x-office is doing just to call them x-creeps and "orgies ahaaha cult" jokes to increase sales for a moment , the x-men dont lose anything besides trash minis like these to vilefy and corrupt their concept

Side note does anyone remember that Cartoon where Reed made Magneto question his whole existence with a wooden gun!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    im all for them to get their own universe, and its a waste to everyone but the x-men since they shouldnt be allowed to leech off the work the x-office is doing just to call them x-creeps and "orgies ahaaha cult" jokes to increase sales for a moment , the x-men dont lose anything besides trash minis like these to vilefy and corrupt their concept
    the X-men right now is taking many elements of all the MU : the space knights in cable, vampire in Wolverine, magic characters and concepts in Excallibur, other marvel villians in Marauders.. The only books that doesnt use characters or concepts from the "outside" MU would be X-force, X-men and new mutants. ( well without taking account that the current statu quo of Roberto and Cannonball comes from the avengers books , the current desing of Xavier is a total copy of the Maker from the avengers books and the X-force is using terra verde , a countri created in the FF comics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    the X-men right now is taking many elements of all the MU : the space knights in cable, vampire in Wolverine, magic characters and concepts in Excallibur, other marvel villians in Marauders.. The only books that doesnt use characters or concepts from the "outside" MU would be X-force, X-men and new mutants. ( well without taking account that the current statu quo of Roberto and Cannonball comes from the avengers books , the current desing of Xavier is a total copy of the Maker from the avengers books and the X-force is using terra verde , a countri created in the FF comics)
    yet when they are done with that, it will return to its normal state so blade, brian and whatever about the space knight wont be affected.
    yet the phoenix force, the end of the messiah storyline, the apocalypse threads that were started in the dark angel saga, certain characthers, those are still affected while everyone else leeches off krakoa for their issue apearences to increase sales

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    So the X-Men should be scared of Reed? If you put it this way, then he's no worse than their enemies, including Orchis. He should just be held accountable for his actions and technology, alongisde Tony Stark.
    That Reed and the Fantastic Four are proven to be very dangerous don't make them Orchis, and that goes for many people in Marvel. This "accountability" only goes one way, when's Magneto going to be held accountable for the millions of peoples he's killed over the years? People have to be accountable for technology now? Do you want even other character that's not a mutant at Marvel to just stop making technology now? You want to hold Reed accountable for the Illuminati be my guest, just remember Xavier and Beast will be right there with him.

Like what did the X-Men do outside of talking?
    I've gone over this. It's like you haven't encountered manipulative behaviour before.

The entourage they brought was the Marauders, which including former teammates Storm and Iceman, Kitty, a friend of Franklin, Charles Xavier, former Illuminati member with Reed and well know Marvel Universe figure. Magneto was the only one who could have scared them (they've worked together in the past though) and even then... he just talked to them until Sue used violence. She attacked him.
    They didn't need Iceman, and they certainly didn't need Magneto if they were there in good faith. They relied on Magneto and the extra numbers to intimidate and rattle the Four so Kitty could abduct him without being seen. They didn't just "talk," they manipulated the whole situation to recruit Franklin. If they wanted to talk they could have rang them from Krakatoa, as well.

Then they infiltrated the island and punched one of the Krakoan Heads of State. As Glio said, if the X-Men did one of the things that the FF did they would have their islands attacked by all the heroes of Earth.
    They think their child was kidnapped by former friends they think have turned into villains and they intimidate people with a Head of State that used to kill humans for kicks. It's not like the X-men are above fighting Heads of State's of their own, they've fought Doom before and the Marauders have started fights with other country's navies in their series. The X-men have done enough as it is already to tick people off.

The FF here are the hepitome of privilege. They can do whatever they want, feel threatened by whomever they wish because they're human heroes with popularity and support form the hero community on their side. But if the X-Men dare to talk to them about their kid's powers they feel offended and in a position to react with violence.
    The X-men don't get to intimidate people and steal kids because they've been oppressed. Magneto's used that excuse since he was created, it wasn't right then and not's right now. Being threatened isn't a privilege, you bring Magneto to a party people will react accordingly. They didn't talk, they abducted a minor.

When you have mutant terrorist's disrespect their parents and trying to install mutant supremacist ideas into Franklin in their very presence how did you expect this play out?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    Thatīs because the whole point of Krakoa and the new status quo is to make the X-men part of the marvel universe and what it entails is making them reference characters and concepts from the MU not just from the X-men mythos. Itīs tricky because since the 70īs and 80īs the X-me had a complete context and worldbuilding of their own so much that there was no much need to reference other parts of the MU outside of crossovers like Secret Wars or the first Avengers vs X-men and those were way rare at the time but at least the characterization was done with care, respecting characters story but now the challenge is to re-introduce the x-men into the larger marvel universe but for that to be succesful writers need to write the story to in a way it stays true to all characters not just one side while vilifiying the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey
    Side note does anyone remember that Cartoon where Reed made Magneto question his whole existence with a wooden gun!
    Yes but I have always found that scene silly as a scientific Reed should know magnetic fields involve more than just metal but then again some writers just write Magneto using metal while in reality his powers involve different things. Thatīs one thing I will give to the AvX crossover, at least in the beggining they tried to write the characters powers with some care even if some fights felt a little like a video game XD

[IMG]https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/magneto******iron-man.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-21-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    haven't seen the whole cartoon but I think Brian Cronin's column here may have covered it. Pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Thatīs because the whole point of Krakoa and the new status quo is to make the X-men part of the marvel universe and what it entails is making them reference characters and concepts from the MU not just from the X-men mythos. Itīs tricky because since the 70īs and 80īs the X-me had a complete context and worldbuilding of their own so much that there was no much need to reference other parts of the MU outside of crossovers like Secret Wars or the first Avengers vs X-men and those were way rare at the time but at least the characterization was done with care, respecting characters story but now the challenge is to re-introduce the x-men into the larger marvel universe but for that to be succesful writers need to write the story to in a way it stays true to all characters not just one side while vilifiying the other.

Yes but I have always found that scene silly as a scientific Reed should know magnetic fields involve more than just metal but then again some writers just write Magneto using metal while in reality his powers involve different things. Thatīs one thing I will give to the AvX crossover, at least in the beggining they tried to write the characters powers with some care even if some fights felt a little like a video game XD

[IMG]https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/magneto******iron-man.jpg[/IMG]

I also thought the wooden gun thing is stupid, but it's hysterical to think about especially in this crossover, because Mags first instict was to preach his superiority. IDK it's just funny imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    haven't seen the whole cartoon but I think Brian Cronin's column here may have covered it. Pretty funny
    Right like dude you got beaten by a stick yet their so beneath you and you're superior!! Funny!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Well homo superior was a word tackled by Proffesor X and magneto keep using it which I have always found kind of ironic but really even since the silver age his point wasnīt about being superior on itself but of taking over earth so mutants could be safe and he has changed his perspective over the years in different ways from taking over earth, to make war with the US and Russia during the cold war, to have a mutant homeland, he even bought the M-island for that purpose alone, to Asteroid M, to Avalon, to Genosha, to Utopia to Krakoa but he has also worked with the X-men to support human/mutant coexistence as they saw it.

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-21-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Reed suppressing his X-Gene also means he has ways to suppress any other mutant X-Gene. That's way more threatening than knocking on someone's door to ask if they want to go to Krakoa.
    Or interesting, if they can avoid being detected, maybe they can avoid the sentinels and other anti-mutants measures.

Is the first thing that i would ask, if he can hide the x-gene from detectors he maybe be able to implement to work against mutants scanners.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Or interesting, if they can avoid being detected, maybe they can avoid the sentinels and other anti-mutants measures.

Is the first thing that i would ask, if he can hide the x-gene from detectors he maybe be able to implement to work against mutants scanners.
    I have to wonder if the gene suppression and the power loss might be related in some way.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I have to wonder if the gene suppression and the power loss might be related in some way.
    He didn't suppress Franklin's gene only masked it from the gates. Franklin was losing his powers before the events of Hox and Pox, while the FF was still travelling the multiverse. Part of the reason why they stopped adventuring through the multiverse was because of his sudden power loss.

Reed has nothing to do with the depleting power.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    He didn't suppress Franklin's gene only masked it from the gates. Franklin was losing his powers before the events of Hox and Pox, while the FF was still travelling the multiverse. Part of the reason why they stopped adventuring through the multiverse was because of his sudden power loss.

Reed has nothing to do with the depleting power.
    I'm not 100% up on what's been going on - although who knows if the dreaded disease of Comicus Retconis will rear it's ugly head and change what even the well versed reader thought they knew. It's always a danger in this medium.
    Dark does not mean deep.