Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    So let's physically attack them? What are they, 10 years old?
    Talk **** get hit *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He never should have been there in the first place so....
    He’s a member of his nation’s government on business to recruit a powerful mutant. Krakoa could’ve sent •-[A]-• to their door and they would’ve been justified.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    ??? The Beyonders and the Builders were happening regardless of anything people on Earth were doing. Hickman made that very clear.
    I guess I didn't remember it right, I was vaguely remembering there being some **** that made it look like Reed could have averted this a long time ago but didn't focus on it.

Talk **** get hit *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He’s a member of his nation’s government on business to recruit a powerful mutant. Krakoa could’ve sent •-[A]-• to their door and they would’ve been justified.
    Not really cause he's Sue and Reeds minor son first despite what they preach they have no claim to the kid because of 1 gene. And if the goal is diplomacy and compromise sending a "mutant" supremacist to talk to someone's "human" parents was unwise, and look what happened negotiations turned to ****. If he doesn't know how to appease people he shouldn't be a recruiter. Common Sense.

Incredible Member

Not really cause he's Sue and Reeds minor son first despite what they preach they have no claim to the kid because of 1 gene. And if the goal is diplomacy and compromise sending a "mutant" supremacist to talk to someone's "human" parents was unwise, and look what happened negotiations turned to ****. If he doesn't know how to appease people he shouldn't be a recruiter. Common Sense.
    You're talking about Professor X, buddy. Maybe use some of that common sense yourself in regards to a character who has consistently shown over nearly sixty years that he lacks it.

He’s also a Krakoan by right so the mutants also have the right to ask him what he wants to do. It isn’t like he’s totally inept at complex thought. They sent Magneto, someone who is prideful but also someone who’s teamed up with the F4 in the past. Sue accused Cyclops of being a supremacist so did it really matter who they sent? They were desperate not to let Franklin leave because Kate did her job and had him running to the gate after like two minutes of talking.

He’s also a Krakoan by right so the mutants also have the right to ask him what he wants to do. It isn’t like he’s totally inept at complex thought. They sent Magneto, someone who is prideful but also someone who’s teamed up with the F4 in the past. Sue accused Cyclops of being a supremacist so did it really matter who they sent? They were desperate not to let Franklin leave because Kate did her job and had him running to the gate after like two minutes of talking.
    They've also worked with Magneto in the past. But I think there's no point in arguing about who's at fault at this point.

BANNED

Fact of the Matter is.

Both the X-Men and the FF came at this the wrong way.

I just saw a user say that this could have been solved by Phonecall. Whoever said that? IS CORRECT. if the Pro.X/Erik and Reed/Sue were not acting beside themselves this would be a better read and easy on the eyes.

The mutants don't have right to ****. He got the message along with every other person in the world, he didn't show up for a reason because he had no intrest in it, because his only interest are his family and his powers. Franklin does not care about the concept of Krakoa he cares about how they could potentially give him some purpose again by fixing his powers. And yes it does matter who they sent, they already had a bad perception of Krakoa sending a full mini vanguard of some of their most dangerous mutants to their front door didn't help. Had Kitty, Storm and Maybe Bobby knocked on their door it wouldn't have escalated to that point. I get that you're for Krakoa and the X-Men but making exceptions and excuses for blatant disrespect to the fantastic 4 in their own house ain't the way to go.

I'mma just say this and be done with it some of y'all got the game all the way fucked up if you think it's remotely acceptable for a MoFo you already don't like to come up in "Your" house talking **** about how you're beneath them, and that your child is better off without you. And then thinking that person has the right to walk out without getting an ass whooping! The Hamster ball **** was cute in comparison to what should have happened.

Frankly all this **** is tedious though I said it before a phonecall is all that was needed I'm not about to keep debating who's right and wrong it's pointless. Both are wrong.
    Last edited by Journey; 03-20-2020 at 01:53 PM.

The mutants don't have right to ****. He got the message along with every other person in the world, he didn't show up for a reason because he had no intrest in it, because his only interest are his family and his powers. Franklin does not care about the concept of Krakoa he cares about how they could potentially give him some purpose again by fixing his powers. And yes it does matter who they sent, they already had a bad perception of Krakoa sending a full mini vanguard of some of their most dangerous mutants to their front door didn't help. Had Kitty, Storm and Maybe Bobby knocked on their door it wouldn't have escalated to that point. I get that you're for Krakoa and the X-Men but making exceptions and excuses for blatant disrespect to the fantastic 4 in their own house ain't the way to go.

I'mma just say this and be done with it some of y'all got the game all the way fucked up if you think it's remotely acceptable for a MoFo you already don't like to come up in "Your" house talking **** about how you're beneath them, and that your child is better off without you. And then thinking that person has the right to walk out without getting an ass whooping! The Hamster ball **** was cute in comparison to what should have happened.

Frankly all this **** is tedious though I said it before a phonecall is all that was needed I'm not about to keep debating who's right and wrong it's pointless. Both are wrong.

Again, they do.

Stop vilifying Kate’s team. They were not kidnapping Franklin, it was a request. Like the story established, none of the Marauders were being aggressive nor were they even initially there to help recruit Franklin, they were on Yancy Street because Kate was asked to meet with them. Also again, rather than be diplomatic for allies who didn’t do anything to her up to that point, Sue pulls a bubble around her house. Magneto hasn’t showed up. It was only Storm, Wolverine (who were both members of the F4 in the past), Bishop, Pyro, and Iceman (members of the Marauders who weren’t brought to threaten the F4 but we’re already traveling with Kate).

Again, they do.

Stop vilifying Kate’s team. They were not kidnapping Franklin, it was a request. Like the story established, none of the Marauders were being aggressive nor were they even initially there to help recruit Franklin, they were on Yancy Street because Kate was asked to meet with them. Also again, rather than be diplomatic for allies who didn’t do anything to her up to that point, Sue pulls a bubble around her house. Magneto hasn’t showed up. It was only Storm, Wolverine (who were both members of the F4 in the past), Bishop, Pyro, and Iceman (members of the Marauders who weren’t brought to threaten the F4 but we’re already traveling with Kate).
    Okay my point stands he got the offer like everyone else and didn't care. After that if their so insistent they could have called. I'm not vilifying them, I'm stating the fact that their all dangerous. And bringing all of them to a recruitment mission was unnecessary and comes off like show of force, they all didn't need to be there. Gateway could have teleported Kate and Storm who were the only 2 necessary, they could have rang the doorbell, sat down like adults, give the pitch, offer a tour and be done that's all that was needed the rest of this is just tacky.
    Last edited by Journey; 03-20-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Okay my point stands he got the offer like everyone else and didn't care. After that if their so insistent they could have called. I'm not vilifying them, I'm stating the fact that their all dangerous. And bringing all of them to a recruitment mission was unnecessary and comes off like show of force, they all didn't need to be there. Gateway could have teleported Kate and Storm who were the only 2 necessary, they could have rang the doorbell, sat down like adults, give the pitch, offer a tour and be done that's all that was needed the rest of this is just tacky.
    Unless it is made to show the mutants' arrogance… I see it this way.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

I really want to see a conversation between Ben Grimm and Magneto where Ben tells Mags that his superiority shtick is reminiscent of Nazi propaganda and disturbing to Ben as a Jewish person.

Can you imagine the conniption Magneto would have being compared to Nazis??

Extraordinary Member

You do understand that if you are an adult...and you entice a minor to go with you against their parents wishes...that you are committing a crime?? "hey Franklin...your parents are just humans...come to our island all alone without them because as a mutant you are better than them so you don't have to do what they say." I am not sure of your age...or if you have kids....but if you are an adult with minor children how would you feel about people telling your kid they should just run away from home and go with them??

this is really how I feel about it....Kate alone could have been dropped off by Illyana and given them an invitation...as a family...to visit Krakoa. The FF could have then discussed it as a family....and on the island the FF could have asked all the questions they wanted.