Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I do not deny that BOTH sides handled this situation incorrectly....they Did. As every user here has pointed out that Pro.X and Magneto should not have gone to confront Sue and Reed. And Sue and Reed(as level headed as I know them to be) should have asked their Son "What do you want to do?". It already looks bad that Kitty has them because as you saw the FF believe the X-Men kidnapped the Children. And the Fact that Doom secretly created his own Doom Sentinels just proves why the X-Men are doing what they do now. I don't read IronHeart or Nadia Pym so i'll take your word for it.
    But The one thing i've learned about Doom over the years of reading Comics is that he's VERY good at hiding his intentions and he's a smooth ass talker.
    True but it's still not clear to me what his intentions are. Does he want to use the Doombots for aggressive actions of some kind? Is he somehow planning to syphon the energies from mutants to power them? He really hasn't been in conqueror mode since he stopped being Infamous Iron Man although it looks like in his solo series he may be turning the tables on Symkaria and going after their territory. I'm not seeing much coordination between the 2 titles though because Doom hasn't made it back to Latveria as of the last issue.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    True but it's still not clear to me what his intentions are. Does he want to use the Doombots for aggressive actions of some kind? Is he somehow planning to syphon the energies from mutants to power them? He really hasn't been in conqueror mode since he stopped being Infamous Iron Man although it looks like in his solo series he may be turning the tables on Symkaria and going after their territory. I'm not seeing much coordination between the 2 titles though because Doom hasn't made it back to Latveria as of the last issue.
    They could always say this is a doombot but yes it seems that Doom plans to power his sentinels using mutant energy, not a bad plan given Franklins and the Omegas presence that alone is enough to power them for a long time or maybe heīs planning to capture this "god force" using franklin and the rest of the mutants energy.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I dont think a badly written mini where almost all characters are written OC should be hold agaist the characters...
    Are we still talking about X+FF or have moved on to HoX/PoX/DoX now?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

lol we are still talking about X + FF but I get the feeling we are about to get into the same old HOX/POX debate once again. Maybe it would be better to make another new threat for that alone.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    He’s also a Krakoan by right so the mutants also have the right to ask him what he wants to do. It isn’t like he’s totally inept at complex thought. They sent Magneto, someone who is prideful but also someone who’s teamed up with the F4 in the past. Sue accused Cyclops of being a supremacist so did it really matter who they sent? They were desperate not to let Franklin leave because Kate did her job and had him running to the gate after like two minutes of talking.
    Magneto's a known mutant supremacist and terrorist who has killed thousands, Xavier knows exactly what he'd doing by sending that message by having Magneto there. Villains have alliances with heroes temporarily, the FF aren't his friends like the X-men at the moment. Sue saying that was true, given how Cyclops has openly stated he cares more about Franklin being a mutant than Valeria. Supremacy is "the state or condition of being superior to all others in authority, power, or status." As is their right as parents, he can choose that once he's 18. You think they're suspicious now wait until they learn about how shady Krakatoa really is, which Franklin is tempting them to find out. Kate did her job to kidnap Franklin, and the X-men are the good guys here?

Then I guess the fantastic four also were sending messages when they worked with Magneto not that long ago and look they were also working with Doc Doom , the plot thickens

Oh but thereīs also that one time Val invited all those villains to defeat her dadīs doubles from the multiverse because they all were self centered and had a god complex and that made them dangeorus.

Either they are always conspiring with those villains or they are all just hypocrites.

I personally think given each group complex relationship with Magneto and Dr Doom and the fact they have been instrumental in defeating other villains like Red Skull when the story called for it, I just think itīs a good story when those teams relationship with them is nuanced and human.

And as I already said, Magneto already has been working with the X-men for at least a decade, going so far as to take the lead for the team after the dead of Scott, Xavier and Wolverine and someone had to keep doing their missions, apart of course of taking over the school by Xaiverīs own request.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-20-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Then I guess the fantastic four also were sending messages when they worked with Magneto not that long ago and the were also working with Doc Doom , the plot thickens

The FF didn't make Doom a member last I checked, and the X-men created these circumstances for Doom to enter the picture as he is prone to do.

Do you know about Public Relations? When Doom and Megneto appear how to you expect people to react?

Read Hickmans FF4 run, itīs actually quite good, Dr Doom was a recognized member of the team for while and sorry but the X-men didnīt have anything at all to do with that, Older Franklin went as far as saying "all hopes lies in doom" given his part in saving the multiverse during secret wars.

Do you know about Public Relations? When Doom and Megneto appear how to you expect people to react?
    Badly and with fear but that doesnīt mean they have some agenda or that they are planning of betraying their allies. Especially after so many years of working together one way or another.

For Magneto at least the X-men are worth him sacrificing his life if it comes down to it

Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-20-2020 at 08:55 PM.

BANNED

Threatening to take people's kids is wrong even when mutants do it. Of course they are going to come to the island, duh. The X-Men drowned a whole country in Africa looking for a kid they barely care about and yet they threaten Sue and Reed about their kid (for literally no reason). I thought we were done with the CompleX.

Sorry when did they drown an entire country looking for a kid? honest question.

And sorry but even with this bad writing that makes all the characters sound like self centered idiots, even with this, the X-men never threatened to take Franklin from his parents thatīs what you made up of the scene, itīs head canon at best.

BANNED

Sorry when did they drown an entire country looking for a kid? honest question.

And sorry but even with this bad writing that makes all the characters sound like self centered idiots, even with this, the X-men never threatened to take Franklin from his parents thatīs what you made up of the scene, itīs head canon at best.
    No. That's what literally happened.

Astonishing Member

Read Hickmans FF4 run, itīs actually quite good, Dr Doom was a recognized member of the team for while and sorry but the X-men didnīt have anything at all to do with that, Older Franklin went as far as saying "all hopes lies in doom" given his part in saving the multiverse during secret wars.
    Ok. Secret Wars was special circumstances, Doom's not a super-hero.

Badly and with fear but that doesnīt mean they have some agenda or that they are planning of betraying their allies. Especially after so many years of working together one way or another.
    Exactly, there are no "but's" here. Xavier knows he's an intimidation tactic, not an olive branch - all they would have needed was Storm and Kitty for that. Them being on the scene is going to go badly for whoever side they are siding with. Of course they have an agenda, the X-men and Magneto haven't been hiding that. I think magneto won't betray the X-men, that isn't to say that he's a "good man." He's a remorseless killer. The X-men have always been too friendly with him after what he's done, so this is in character for them.

For Magneto at least the X-men are worth him sacrificing his life if it comes down to it

You forgetting all those years he's tried to kill the X-men? What's his track record with doing sacrifice like that for humans? Doom's done more to protect the human/mutant race than Magneto has, and Doom's a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    No. That's what literally happened.
    Nope the X-men were crass and OC but didnīt menace anyone of taking anyoneīs kid otherwise they would have used one of their teleporters, telepaths, or Reality manipulators to take him instead of talking to Franklins parents.

You forgetting all those years he's tried to kill the X-men? What's his track record with doing sacrifice like that for humans? Doom's done more to protect the human/mutant race than Magneto has, and Doom's a monster.
    Remember we talked about the X-men also saving the multiverse from imploding itself, guess who was leading them during that time after Xavier was killed, thatīs right, Magneto.

And also during secret wars he tried to keep the earth safe, that time he fought Bastion from making more mutants from humans using an unstable drug that would kill them, during Axis he got a group of villains to help save earth and the heroes from Onslaguht Red skull, that time he helped during a earth quake, that time he rescued a human child from a fire, that time he joined the heroes agaist the beyonder, etc. its not his main occupation but the man has been around and I donīt know if it counts but he also canonically was one of the first characters to fight hydra since itīs begginings during the cold war and even when he was a full, unstable villain he killed one of his own acolytes because he killed a human nurse for **** and gigles.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-20-2020 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Very, very funny joke.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Very, very funny joke.
    Secret Wars, 2015. Made Battleworld to protect everyone, including mutants. It was a horrible world to satisfy his ego, what's magneto done on that scale to save humanity?

https://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/...20154-p.14.jpg

Remember we talked about the X-men also saving the multiverse from imploding itself, guess who was leading them during that time after Xavier was killed, thatīs right, Magneto.

And also during secret wars he tried to keep the earth safe, that time he fought Bastion from making more mutants from humans using an unstable drug that would kill them, during Axis he got a group of villains to help save earth and the heroes from Onslaguht Red skull, that time he helped during a earth quake, that time he rescued a human child from a fire, that time he joined the heroes agaist the beyonder, etc. its not his main occupation but the man has been around and I donīt know if it counts but he also canonically one of the first characters to fight hydra since itīs begginings during the cold war and even when he was a full blown villain he killed one of itīs own acolytes because he killed a human nurse for **** and gigles.
    Ok.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-20-2020 at 09:33 PM.