Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah and that's very bad that he holds that kind of technology which could be weaponized against mutants (like certain schemes that are being used by ORCHIS at the moment lol), but he and Susan felt that the X-Men were being threatening, while actually they just wanted to talk. This is the guy that made a prison for superhumans in the Negative Zone and left them to die there, and now they want to patronize the mutants. Puhlease.
    Which is why it was stupid of the X-men to act like they did, they didn't want to "talk" they did everything other than violence to take Franklin away. It's like they want to make the Fantastic Four angry to give them the excuse to "fight back." If the X-men didn't want to be threatening they wouldn't be bringing in a large entourage with known mutant terrorists like Magneto. I think that was why they bought him, get their tempers up so they can distract the parents while Kitty takes Franklin away without anyone noticing. That's why she headed to the nearest Krakatoa portal rather then sit outside or going to a nearby restaurant. She didn't just take him for a walk she took him to the airport and gave him a free ticket to another country without his parents approval.

Civil War isn't a storyline with good writing for numerous characters, in order for that to work they had to write them as super-villains which goes against who they are as characters. Including Reed Richards. It's fair to hold the Illuminati against him, of course Xavier was in that so that takes the wind out of that argument. Not to mention Krakatoa itself has a government which makes Civil War Reed look like a boy scout. Reed did that in Civil War as an single out of character moment, Krakatoa has beings on the Council who did things like that as a career, and they bought one of them to the Richards doorstep.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-21-2020 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    I think if you re-read my post you'll notice I did not say they were the same thing . I suggested that to those with certain life experiences , the metaphor was very clear and indeed painful.

I think the "literal opposite " of pray the gay away would be praying to become gay.

My experiences were rather more "hands on " than praying.
    The metaphor CAN'T be perfect as that would require the element of bigotry behind it, which would run the risk of making Reed a toxic character. That's just bad for future stories (and sales).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The metaphor CAN'T be perfect as that would require the element of bigotry behind it, which would run the risk of making Reed a toxic character. That's just bad for future stories (and sales).
    Thank you Lensman , I've been struggling to express why a metaphor can not and need not be perfect.

Absolutely love those books . I used to read them over and over again !

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Good googly goo, someone actually brought up gay conversion therapy to use against Reed And Sue. I can really say this is a stretch...pun intended.

Yes, Reed and Sue have struggled over the years with Franklin, who is an Omega mutant before it was even a term. He created the Heroes Reborn planet before he was 5. If they err on the side of caution then who's to blame them? He could have become an Anthony and start wishing people into the cornfield. But he is a sweet and loving child. So yeah, lets lock up Reed and Sue. *sarcasm*
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-21-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Good thing I'm not talking about individuals but about mutantkind as whole, right? If the X-Men did what the F4 did this mini, they would be painted as terrorists, supremacists and villains who aim for mankind's extinction. What we have in comics is that the Quiet Council rules over Krakoa, who's the mutant nation, with the vast majority of mutants living there. They attacked the island without a shred of evidence for their claims, they get the brand that fits the situation.
    Exact. I mean, imagine if Colossus punched the Vice President of the United States when he was caught spying on them in the Oval Office.

What the hell do people think would happen. "Surely he has a good reason for this, let's let them leave our country."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    They installed that law because they see human as weaker and pitiable (told by Jean herself), and because big masacres would lead to an open war, not for their strong love for humanity.

Yes, of course Dr Doom would be the main concern and most surely at the end of the next issue would become the main enemy, that is something I never doubt, but that doesn't erase that what the X-men are doing right now IS WRONG.

Charles is infamous to make child soldiers (and sometimes getting them dead) and both Magneto and Charles had reality warpers offspring who hate them because they were mistreated. While ocasional overprotection apart, Franklin had a happy life and is the sanest reality warper. In this specific case they are playing Franklin to go to Krakoa promising something they can't provide and their are ignoring his parent opinion because their are humans.

What leads at point that they are making effectively a supremacist cult. An there is not "only Magneto" (even if he is the most vocal), we have Apocalipse, we have Sinister, we have Mystic, damn like 2/3 of the council easily, while the rest keeps silent to those comments, not even once I have seen anyone talking against the supremacist ideals. Even Prof X is promoting that behavior with pearls like "We are the rightful owners of the earth humans are just being allowed to use it by now" and some of the X-man are also making that kind of comments. So I'm not talking about the actions of one but they general behaviour. Specially the council, their are the ones who determine the behavior of the population and the ones who determine the education that are getting the children there, so that's the formation the new generation of mutants will get. And It's sad.

For ages the X-men were about how being different doesn't make you less, that something different could be scary but that at the end we are all humans, and that we are all the same on a basic level. About learning to live together and respect each other. So, yes seeing them jumping to the other extreme and declaring themselves "the rightful owners of the planet" and "the best species" and labeling the human of inferior, is supremacist. And isolating themselves making their own rules system, feeling themselves above human laws, denying the access of humans to their land just because are humans, demonize some figueres (like the Scarlet Witch) and controlling who and when people can get out makes them a cult.

I'm scared to think what is going to happen when a normal human refuse to surrender their children or if a mutant couple has a basic human child.
    No, they installed that law because it’s not fair to kill a Human who can’t be brought back to life. That was the the whole point.

What the X-Men are doing now is NOT WRONG. Pro. X wants to know why is Franklin Richards the most powerful Mutant on the planet is losing his powers. And is it possible they can lose their powers too. The Nation of Krakoa as another user put it so beautiful is: “A country where mutants are thriving in their own space, are immortal, and building their own culture and community with each other.”......there’s nothing bad or cultists or Racist about that.

Just because they stay silent doesn’t mean they agree. In fact Pro. X still believes in Coexistence with Humans. Your trying to put labels on Mutants to which they all do not share the same beliefs as the others.

The X-Men still are. They are still protecting Humans and Mutants at the same time. I’m sorry, but things change how long do you expect the X-Men to keep getting shitted on? Serious Question how long? It’s about time they have a Back Bone and if isolating themselves is better to not wake up every morning and hear on the News a grown ass man murders a mutant child or be hunted for this years new Death Robot. Then Krakoa is where you need to be. Also, Wanda is a Heartless person she didn’t care for what she did that’s why Rogue punches the **** out of her.

What??? Your scared to think what will happen if a human does not surrender their mutant child. Ok, easy Death Threats, Sentinels crashing into their homes, and angry mob waiting outside their house, Government Officials taking their child away to be experimented on. That should your Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No, they installed that law because it’s not fair to kill a Human who can’t be brought back to life. That was the the whole point.

What the X-Men are doing now is NOT WRONG. Pro. X wants to know why is Franklin Richards the most powerful Mutant on the planet is losing his powers. And is it possible they can lose their powers too. The Nation of Krakoa as another user put it so beautiful is: “A country where mutants are thriving in their own space, are immortal, and building their own culture and community with each other.”......there’s nothing bad or cultists or Racist about that.

Just because they stay silent doesn’t mean they agree. In fact Pro. X still believes in Coexistence with Humans. Your trying to put labels on Mutants to which they all do not share the same beliefs as the others.

The X-Men still are. They are still protecting Humans and Mutants at the same time. I’m sorry, but things change how long do you expect the X-Men to keep getting shitted on? Serious Question how long? It’s about time they have a Back Bone and if isolating themselves is better to not wake up every morning and hear on the News a grown ass man murders a mutant child or be hunted for this years new Death Robot. Then Krakoa is where you need to be. Also, Wanda is a Heartless person she didn’t care for what she did that’s why Rogue punches the **** out of her.

What??? Your scared to think what will happen if a human does not surrender their mutant child. Ok, easy Death Threats, Sentinels crashing into their homes, and angry mob waiting outside their house, Government Officials taking their child away to be experimented on. That should your Fear.
    The X-Men will get **** as long as their fans prefer it that way. It sells.

BANNED

The X-Men should have and should still leave Franklin alone. The way they came at his parents in House of X was enough creepy stranger-danger child endangerment vibes. HoX #1 is how it started and the intention in that conversation was to aggravate/scare them.

You should be above reproach about other people's kids and the X-Men have not been.

On top of that, they want to use Franklin anyway. It'd be different if he was a lost mutant with dumb human parents that aren't exposed to the super-world.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-21-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    They installed that law because they see human as weaker and pitiable (told by Jean herself), and because big masacres would lead to an open war, not for their strong love for humanity.

Nothing about weakness or pity. They just shouldn’t kill them because there are no Resurrection Protocols for humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Exact. I mean, imagine if Colossus punched the Vice President of the United States when he was caught spying on them in the Oval Office.

What the hell do people think would happen. "Surely he has a good reason for this, let's let them leave our country."
    Don’t forget when the same people were giving the Marauders all types of hell for breaking the law even though they were rescuing mutants from being jailed or killed by their governments.

that sounds great, he should do it, why hasn't he done it? god, piotr sucks
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    that sounds great, he should do it, why hasn't he done it? god, piotr sucks
    Are we talking Mike Pence? Let's see that!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The X-Men should have and should still leave Franklin alone. The way they came at his parents in House of X was enough creepy stranger-danger child endangerment vibes. HoX #1 is how it started and the intention in that conversation was to aggravate/scare them.

You should be above reproach about other people's kids and the X-Men have not been.

On top of that, they want to use Franklin anyway. It'd be different if he was a lost mutant with dumb human parents that aren't exposed to the super-world.
    should have cloned him, the rise of Frakraky Rixardx Summers

BANNED

For a place where people are very critical and aware of every action of the mutant teams, the F4 gets a lot of passes for their stupid attack last issue. What they did was a straight up attack on mutants. If they, knowing what mutants have gone through since the world found out about them, attacked their country, over a crime mutants did not commit, they are enemies of Krakoa and, by proxy, of the mutants there, since there's also no evidence that Krakoa needs to be "liberated". If one of the greatest super-hero teams can just go after mutants like this, and face no repercussions from the rest of the world, then how would they be able to hold people like Xeno, Orchis and Verendi?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    should have cloned him, the rise of Frakraky Rixardx Summers
    Sinister, an ostensible leader of the island, is trying to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

You don’t know that. You don’t know what they want to do with Franklin as far as Charles and Erik are concerned Franklin(Powerful Mutant) is losing his powers. And they are scared it could happen to all mutants. If anyone is using Franklin it’s Doom.