Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Probably because of how the X-Men approached the subject of Franklin in House of X. The X-Men don't appear to be up to any good from inside Krakoa, why would outsiders think otherwise? I dont get it. Leave these folks' kid alone.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again , I'm convinced people have different versions of these books. I've got mine In front of me.

Cyclops says " Please , greet your son for me ... ...And tell him when he's ready...he has family on Krakoa waiting for him. "

And that's it . No other reference to Franklin.

Cyclops is being perfectly cordial , absolutely nothing to get one's knickers in a twist over.
    Last edited by Nigel909; 03-21-2020 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Greyhound !!!!!

BANNED

this is why we need our own universe, so the characthers that would fill in for the f4 in this situation, would just be super heroic cops who serve the status quo of opression and the goverment, but the narrative isnt forced to make them heroic so they can be iconic villains.
    like the squadron supreme, i love traditional super hero teams are actually villains troupe.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Were you paying attention to the argument? They have a nation of all mutants and need to have that as a rule for their new nation, especially with a lot of mutants who may be resentful towards humans. They can’t kill mutants either but the focus for the page was on humans. I feel like y’all just nitpick to nitpick.
    Kind of like the Island of Dr Moreau. "What is the Law?" right?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for that ! I've never read the island of Dr Moreau . Since I'm effectively under house arrest for the next 12 weeks at least , that sounds like an excellent suggestion.

I've no idea what I'm going to do when my gin supply runs out.

I’ve never read it either but definitely looks like an interesting read/watch.

Curious… I read it and I don't remember of that. But it was a long time ago.
    Just a memory of a good horrific novel by H.G. Wells.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t find anything wrong in a new crountry doing their own laws or a country being just for mutants, most countries in the world accept just members born in their territory or people who had a series of legal procedures to be allowed in being there.

In the case of Krakoa all mutants, even those affected by decimation and their families can be part of Krakoa IF they chose to, so no, I don´t see this "Island of Dr. Moreau" perspetive going on, rather I see a representation of all previous warring mutant factions trying to make nice on a political level, in fact this makes me remeber how Magneto made sure, after taking over Genosha, their goverment had human and mutants members, because after a bloody civil war sometimes you have to make the warring factions compromise to make something new so there can be peace, this has even happened in the real world sometimes and that´s exciting to me because I like political dramas. but I can see why some other readers just wish to get back into traditional status quo, the problem is that the X-men were in a vicious circle of death, death, more death and suffering, so before they can get back into tackling their traditional part in the marvel universe they have to get over the forces, inside story, that lead them into their stories just being about death.

Hickman himself said the reason why the protocols for ressurection were neccesary was because characters writers wanted to use were killed for shock value in older stories so it was the ressurections protocols or hundreds of stories with the same plot of character A,B,C coming back to life and there´s just not enough narrative space for that.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 03-21-2020 at 01:17 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again , I'm convinced people have different versions of these books. I've got mine In front of me.

Cyclops says " Please , greet your son for me ... ...And tell him when he's ready...he has family on Krakoa waiting for him. "

And that's it . No other reference to Franklin.

Cyclops is being perfectly cordial , absolutely nothing to get one's knickers in a twist over.
    Cyclops said to Franklin's family that he has a family? You don't see the problem?

Whatever. Why did Xavier need to come back?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Cyclops said to Franklin's family that he has a family? You don't see the problem?

What I between that exchange was Reed and Sue getting pissy at the mere notion that Franklin may one day want to explore his mutant side.

Spectacular Member

There's more to family than just a mother and father . Most of my extended family are long dead but I remember them with great affection.

I really miss my aunty Willma , not a true aunt family friend . She made the most wonderful katt pie in autumn and mince pies at Christmas !
    Last edited by Nigel909; 03-21-2020 at 01:41 PM.

There's more to family than just a mother and father . Most of my extended family are long dead but I remember them with great affection.
    Maybe but Scott used the word 'family' to talk to Franklin's family… Did he need to do that? He made it sound like a competition.

Cults want to replace your family.

BANNED

Maybe but Scott used the word 'family' to talk to Franklin's family… Did he need to do that? He made it sound like a competition.

No, he meant that, whenever he was ready to go, he would have an environment of support and love, AKA, a family. Stop twisting it to make people buy your cult narrative.

Spectacular Member

Oh I think that's a little bit harsh .
    I mentioned a family friend "aunty " deliberatly.
    "Friends are the family we chose for ourself "
    Last edited by Nigel909; 03-21-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Oh I think that's a little bit harsh .
    I mentioned a family friend "aunty " deliberatly.
    "Friends are the family we chose for yourself "
    When you have words with people you know very well and you see very often, you can clarify what you say.
    And, anway, it is not an affair of state.

Scott Summers is a cog in Krakoa's government. His words must be chosen accurately.
    If it isn't what he wanted to say, he failed in his task because it has been received as a threat.

How could it go wrong anyway? Except, maybe Apocalypse, they are all amateurs in politics, diplomacy…

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What I between that exchange was Reed and Sue getting pissy at the mere notion that Franklin may one day want to explore his mutant side.
    Why would they get pissy when Reed mentions they would've let Franklin go anyway once he wasn't minor.
    "Cable was right!"