Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    The less we mention of Gold and Rosencanny the better. Don’t wish reading those back issues on any new fan.
    Is the right answer

I assume in the time gap between Rosenberg’s run and HOX that the mansion was rebuilt. The x-kids lived there until Jean and Banshee brought them to the island in House of X 1.

That’s my theory.

I totally forgot that the mansion was actually blown up in Disassembled. Oops. Maybe we should just assume that somewhere between Rosencanny and Krakoa the X-Men tried to live on Westchester again for whatever reason.

BANNED

A habitat in Westchester had been mentioned already, but I'd totally forgotten the mansion was destroyed (again) not that long ago and we never saw it rebuilt. Weird that the X-Men just left it empty- no mutants in the halls and the Danger Room & ye olde Cerebro left behind as memorabilia. It's like a museum of mutant misery at this stage.

I still wish Nightcrawler had led a slightly different team, but it seems that the artists got to chose who they wanted to draw, so this particular ensemble was handpicked by Alan Davis.

BANNED

This looks good.

Mutant Museum? Yeah, Mutants have undeniably such a big destructive history which magneto already addressed during 4th issue

Mighty Member

My bigger question is.

Why have it fall into disrepair, but also plant a Krakoan gate there?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    My bigger question is.

Why have it fall into disrepair, but also plant a Krakoan gate there?
    It stands there as a symbol of yesterday. Mutants may have evolved as a species, but it's important not to forget their past.

It's idiotic that they left dangerous technology like Cerebra out there unwatched. Next week we'll find out someone has weaponized it or something stupid

yes mr Davis feed me im starving!!!
    why am I getting violent and intense nostalgia for the mansion days.....even better that its creepy and deserted I know im gonna get my jush

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I assume in the time gap between Rosenberg’s run and HOX that the mansion was rebuilt. The x-kids lived there until Jean and Banshee brought them to the island in House of X 1.

That’s my theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I totally forgot that the mansion was actually blown up in Disassembled. Oops. Maybe we should just assume that somewhere between Rosencanny and Krakoa the X-Men tried to live on Westchester again for whatever reason.
    yess Hickman teased we'd learn about the days we missed in snatches here and there....maybe this is the first??? im ridiculously excited for this book next Wednesday is gonna be an absolute powerhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    The less we mention of Gold and Rosencanny the better. Don’t wish reading those back issues on any new fan.
    Both better than this Hickman stuff.

Mmm interesting. A mistery.

Kinda weird that they're not using the Mansion for something though. It holds some simbolic power.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Mmm interesting. A mistery.

Kinda weird that they're not using the Mansion for something though. It holds some simbolic power.
    Would have made a good consul or something?

And leaving all that tech behind does seem a bit daft and may come to bite them in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Would have made a good consul or something?

And leaving all that tech behind does seem a bit daft and may come to bite them in the arse.
    Yeah it could be nice as an embassy of sorts in the States.

They already have a portal in New York in a much more useful position than Westchester. Time Square, or something like that?

The portal to the mansion is probably symbolic but not particularly practical.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

That’s my theory.
    Good memory! There she is in all her glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They already have a portal in New York in a much more useful position than Westchester. Time Square, or something like that?
    They definitely have one in Washington Square Park but probably have multiple in NYC. They should put one next door to wherever the Avengers are these days.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!