Default Favortive animated versions

Of course, there will be Batman the animated series on here. But other than that what has been your favortive animated versions of the characters.

Liked what I saw of The Batman and Beware the Batman. The Batman/TMNT and Lego Batman movies were good, too.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I know this will sound generic but Young Justice probably my favorite versions of Bruce, Dick, and Barbra. Batman brave and the bold a very close second though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Batman: TAS isn't even my preferred version of animated Batman.

The Batman 2004 - 2008
    Batman: The Brave and the Bold
    Batman: Under the Red Hood
    The Lego Batman Movie
    Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders/Batman vs. Two-Face

Extraordinary Member

Aside from BTAS...

The Bruce Greenwood Batman is my favorite “veteran campaigner and patriarch” version of Bruce - he’s awesome in Under The Red Hood (which was an actual improvement on an already good storyline) and as the head of the family in Young Justice.

In fact, since I’m a bigger family fan, Young Justice as a whole is good enough I want spin-off for everyone.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

BTAS (classic version) is and always will be #1, but I've grown quite fond of the Brave and the Bold version as well.
    Probably the best animated Bruce after BTAS and does a fun job with the other characters and guest stars (and pretty much trumps the DCAU for WW, Cheetah and even Superman).

DC Nation Shorts
    Beware the Batman
    Batman Beyond
    The Batman

BTAS is the first and best by far when it comes to Batman. But there're certain characters which I think received a better treatment elsewhere. Bane is my favorite villain and, though I like the New Batman Adventures and Superman TAS version of the character, my favorite is the one appeared in Young Justice. Young Justice also is one of my favorite series alongside BTAS, and I really like how the characters of the Batman franchise have participated in the show
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I've been thinking about the nature of Batman and a couple of variable elements to his character. There's how emotionally approachable he is, how vulnerable he is on a standard adventure, etc.

Batman the Animated Series started with a relatively approachable Bruce, who is relatively vulnerable as well. The Batman has the same thing, with maybe even a greater amount of emotional vulnerability and openness, not to mention a pretty good sense of humor. The Batman is insanely underrated. Those two are far and away my favorite Batman shows.

Through TNBA and JLU I can't help but start to see that the studio made their BTAS Batman more invincible and less approachable - a real shame! I kind of have to read JLU as a super-Game of Thrones for both Batman and Superman - you want them to be their best selves, and you know they'll kinda be jerks instead, brimming with self-righteousness. But the story is so good, you allow for that. And Brave and the Bold is a great show that I love with a great Batman - who is completely invincible! Not necessarily what I want out of a Batman story all the time, though I've gotten tons of mileage out of that version of the show over the years.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Outside the DCAU?

Under the Red Hood
    Young Justice
    Gotham by Gaslight
    Aka the Bruce Greenwood Batman, who has been a godsend honestly.

Batman Unlimited trilogy
    Batman Ninja
    Aka the Roger Craig Smith Batman, who has done a solid Batman that's just under Conroy and Greenwood.

The Lego DC film line
    Batman/TMNT
    Aka the Troy Baker Batman. Another solid entry and equal to Smith, and as a bonus is the best Joker since Mark Hamill.

Runner up is The Batman, which would probably make a bigger impact here if I had seen the series, I'm just basing this off a small handful of episodes and mostly the vs Dracula movie.

As you noticed I found it easier to list this by voice actor.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I've been thinking about the nature of Batman and a couple of variable elements to his character. There's how emotionally approachable he is, how vulnerable he is on a standard adventure, etc.

Batman the Animated Series started with a relatively approachable Bruce, who is relatively vulnerable as well. The Batman has the same thing, with maybe even a greater amount of emotional vulnerability and openness, not to mention a pretty good sense of humor. The Batman is insanely underrated. Those two are far and away my favorite Batman shows.

Through TNBA and JLU I can't help but start to see that the studio made their BTAS Batman more invincible and less approachable - a real shame! I kind of have to read JLU as a super-Game of Thrones for both Batman and Superman - you want them to be their best selves, and you know they'll kinda be jerks instead, brimming with self-righteousness. But the story is so good, you allow for that. And Brave and the Bold is a great show that I love with a great Batman - who is completely invincible! Not necessarily what I want out of a Batman story all the time, though I've gotten tons of mileage out of that version of the show over the years.
    I kind of see a progression with Batman in the DCAU...

BTAS Batman is more optimistic Batman. He's younger and the impossibility of his quest hasn't sunken in yet.

TNBA Batman is a slightly older more cynical Batman. The villains are getting stranger and more powerful but he's getting older.

JL Batman is guy ho signed up for street hoodlums and gangsters but got aliens and rogue gods instead.

and Batman Beyond Bruce is grumpy bitter old man Bruce.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 03-19-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

Batman: The Animated Series by far. With that goes Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

My other picks:

Batman Beyond and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.
    Justice League.
    Batman: Under The Red Hood.
    Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.

Lightbulb

My Top Five

BTAS
    Batman Beyond
    Batman: Under The Red Hood
    Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
    Batman/TMNT
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."