Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

BANNED

This guy, right?

Missed that.

I love, love, LOVE the continuity that Nick Spencer weaves into this series. It really makes it feel so interconnected and worth reading. It's truly a joy to read!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I love, love, LOVE the continuity that Nick Spencer weaves into this series. It really makes it feel so interconnected and worth reading. It's truly a joy to read!
    I dunno. 41 issues since the FCBD issue and I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that Boomerang's big secret was the tablet. Wasn't worth the wait. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the Kindred reveal and now I'm pulling back my expectations for that. If there aren't any real plans to have them find out what happened with OMD, then go ahead and bring on a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    I dunno. 41 issues since the FCBD issue and I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that Boomerang's big secret was the tablet. Wasn't worth the wait. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the Kindred reveal and now I'm pulling back my expectations for that. If there aren't any real plans to have them find out what happened with OMD, then go ahead and bring on a new team.
    One story makes you fall off??? Okay then.

Amazing Member

You know, something tells me the big deal wasn't the Tablet itself but what's going to happen because of it. I have a theory that it might actually be an asset against Kindred. A tablet of "Life and Time" to combat the death that Kindred can manipulate. All I'm saying is Nick Spencer ALWAYS plays the long game... I remember being surprised about what happened at the end of Superior Foes. How something so insignificant earlier in that series turned into a jaw dropping moment. I think Spencer is gearing up for something like that here too.

He should have just revealed it was the tablet during the Syndicate arc, because it was obvious it was the tablet and it wasn't worth multiple teases.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Marked out for "This guy, right?"

Astonishing Member

Boomerang dynamic is one of my favourite things from this run.

Spencer forgot what happened in Enter the Spider-Verse.

Yo sad issue today just wonder if spiderman will be able to learn the truth
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

A really good issue. Though I must admit the timing is strange.

Because with COVID-19 and this being potentially the last comic released for a while, that means that we have to wait for several months before the Boomerang-Spider-Man team up against Gog can commence properly.

First page- who the hell is Gog? This is gonna be bad
    Last page- omg Gog you poor creature, kick Spider-Man's ass

I loved that page with Gog in the floor amidst both sides at war. The title has been a mixed bag since Hunted, but it finally seems to be regaining its pacing
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Welp, looks like Spencer retconned the origins of the tablet.

Amazing Member

Great issue! Nick Spencer dives into the tragedy of Gog in the same way he did for Gibbon last year. Really enjoying this story!

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Welp, looks like Spencer retconned the origins of the tablet.
    What do you mean? Nothing in this issue retconned the origins of the tablet.