Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MP95 View Post
    Great issue! Nick Spencer dives into the tragedy of Gog in the same way he did for Gibbon last year. Really enjoying this story!

What do you mean? Nothing in this issue retconned the origins of the tablet.
    What did those creatures have to do with Lemuria? While they were blue, they didn’t seem anatomically close enough to be merpeople, though that could’ve been the artist’s fault.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What did those creatures have to do with Lemuria? While they were blue, they didn’t seem anatomically close enough to be merpeople, though that could’ve been the artist’s fault.
    That was the dimension Doctor Strange banished the tablet to after Lifeline. The general even told Gog to take the fragments and send them back where they came from.

Astonishing Member

great issue it just gonna be sad that it will be a while before we see the conclusion. i love boomerang im sad i didnt read superior foes as it was coming out. also i know peter keep saying how fred is the worst roomate ever but from what I read, I honestly think the Gonzalez siblings are the worse especially michelle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    great issue it just gonna be sad that it will be a while before we see the conclusion.
    Yeah, it was a good issue. Kind of a bummer of a one to have right before a hiatus, though, with a lot left hanging.

But whaddya gonna do? Hopefully ASM #43 will be on its way sooner rather than later.

That was a weird comic, and a bit out of place for Spider-Man. But it was pretty good, and raised the stakes with a goofy B-villain.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, it was a good issue. Kind of a bummer of a one to have right before a hiatus, though, with a lot left hanging.

But whaddya gonna do? Hopefully ASM #43 will be on its way sooner rather than later.

Marvel announced a hiatus?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Marvel announced a hiatus?
    I don't know if you've been keeping up with current events but everything's on a hiatus right now.

Unless Marvel decides to continue to release new issues strictly to digital, which I don't think they will, no new issues will be out for a bit.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't know if you've been keeping up with current events but everything's on a hiatus right now.

Unless Marvel decides to continue to release new issues strictly to digital, which I don't think they will, no new issues will be out for a bit.
    Alright the first sentence is unnecessary. I don't live under a rock. I live in NYC where every second of the day is nothing but talk of this damn virus. I'm actually quite sick of it. But comics do sell digitally and I'm sure most of the writers and artists aren't stationed in NYC and work from home. Simple question, no need to be snarky.

Alright the first sentence is unnecessary. I don't live under a rock. I live in NYC where every second of the day is nothing but talk of this damn virus. I'm actually quite sick of it. But comics do sell digitally and I'm sure most of the writers and artists aren't stationed in NYC and work from home. Simple question, no need to be snarky.
    How the heck would he know that you live in New York? He wasn't being snarky, he was just giving you the rundown of what's been happening. You took it as hostile. I swear, this virus is making people crazier.

BANNED

Wasn't being intentionally snarky.

But given current circumstances, I don't think an official announcement needs to be made for everyone to assume that things are taking a break.

And yeah, digital is an option but not one I think Marvel or DC will jump to use unless things get really dire and look to go on more than a month or two.

So far I think this has been one of the strongest (and strangest arcs), just wish we'd see the conclusion in print sooner. Who knows what's gonna happen next with all that.

I love how we could have an issue of a flagship title like this that is almost entirely from an alien pet's perspective, that's the kind of experimental **** I like. Great job all around, Ottley got to cut loose with it too.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

From Superior Foes of Spider-Man to Gibbon one shot from hunted, and now Gog issue, I assume that Nick Spencer has soft spot for minor less obscure villians.

Thinking more about it, one reason this issue was so effective was it elevates the stakes, and shows a ridiculous character as more of a threat than we would assume, so that the same cliffhanger as last issue has more power.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

ME b4: gog lol come on spunk god

ME nao: omg gog we stan THIS HERO THIS LEGEND gib gog mini NOW
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate