Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    From what I gather, it's a problem for some because it's been done to death & some are tired of seeing it. It's as if each different writer for Wolverine has to make their own variation of the same story we've seen 5+ times already, and it does nothing but add a bunch of additional retcons we didn't need.

Like Silver Fox. How many times do we have to see that story? lol Yet it comes up at least once a decade since the 80's.
    Wait, do you mean that we see it in flashback? or that they do the story again?, becuase the latter case doesn't really happen. Writers like to reference it though, just like Spider-Man writers had him thinking about Gwen stacy everytime he cross a bridge.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I hate that Jean's always brutalized like this for his stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    That's a bit overexaggerating considering the fact New X-Men or Endsong are X-Men stories and both of them happened under dire situations. During New X-Men, he actually inadvertently saved Jean not only from her trauma but he was also the reason she got resurrected and during Endsong he actually killed because she asked her to that because of DP.

Are you referencing something else?

EDIT: Now that I think more about it if he actually kills her on this issue(doesn't matter if she gets resurrected) then I am out of this storyline until Vampire arc.

Logan accidentally killed her during Origin and the fact he did the exact opposite to her more than enough times since Fatal Attractions
    to Resurrection is making me believe that it's quite superficial for him to kill her, no matter what type of head cannon happens.
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-21-2020 at 02:01 PM.

This is why I hate the whole perfecting resurrection thing. All it accomplishes is letting writers hack and slash up characters for nothing but shock value. And as a reader you kinda just shrug and say whatever they’ll be back in a panel or two. Sure death in comics wasn’t permanent and before you say meaningless ask a Wolverine fan who had to wait nearly a decade for his return if it was meaningless, but now it’s truly meaningless and weird. Heck one could easily argue that it’s cloning not resurrection at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    This is why I hate the whole perfecting resurrection thing. All it accomplishes is letting writers hack and slash up characters for nothing but shock value. And as a reader you kinda just shrug and say whatever they’ll be back in a panel or two. Sure death in comics wasn’t permanent and before you say meaningless ask a Wolverine fan who had to wait nearly a decade for his return if it was meaningless, but now it’s truly meaningless and weird. Heck one could easily argue that it’s cloning not resurrection at all.
    Bad Example. Almost immediately after Wolverine died, they brought in an AU version who writers (AND characters) quickly forgot wasn't Prime Universe Wolverine and treated him as if he were.

Death in comics has been a joke since at least the 90s. The Krakoa Era is just making it a bigger one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Bad Example. Almost immediately after Wolverine died, they brought in an AU version who writers (AND characters) quickly forgot wasn't Prime Universe Wolverine and treated him as if he were.

Death in comics has been a joke since at least the 90s. The Krakoa Era is just making it a bigger one.
    616 Universe Wolverine has a different and bigger status quo before he died compared to OML.

Astonishing Member

I think the problem is Wolverine written as a character,there is little one can do with a character who by his very nature is at the bottom of the barrell! See we've done Wolverine to death he's had memory problems but innately he is the rugged brooding bad boy whose wounds heal but scars keep piling on the mind.Would finding his memoties help him ? Nope The connundrum is he's been at the bottom so the only way to go is up right? Wrong!!! To make him more happy,hopeful ,more zen is BORING to most fans ,a betrayal of who he is .Any depiction of him that way will be rejected like being forced to wake from a dream so good it's bad.

Anyway my solution would be after some issues to focus on a story that gives mystery,complexity and character development.Remember that device after Apoc's defeat given to Sinister? Develop the story like this ..Sinister always wanted to play God making Chimeras,but being a scientist he wants to test the waters and makes sure his idea works on someone else before trying it on himself.So he hatches a plan to create an artificial housing for personalities,like his own Cerebro with that device.So his plan is to siphon secretly like 10 different personalities stored either in Xavier's cerebro or better yet for fun from Legion's subconscious...take a pick( I think the latter is more interesting) Because he knows to make a Frankenstein from a dead mutant would tip off Xavier and Magnus to his plans,he decides a test subject to infect with this should be an immortal who would withstand the rigours of housing so many personas and not tip off the council.Everyone would chalk it up to madness.So he sends Wolverine on a mission where his contacts on the outside infect Wolverine with these personalities,which also give Wolverine new abilities on top of his own regeneration.Have fun with the character give him a form of telepathy ,maybe even precognitive powers that make him see weird shit before it goes down.Just make Wolverine for at least an ark more fun,mysterious to even his own mind.Like you hear internal monologues, ,'wtf is wrong with me?' 'Why do I hear these voices, why do I see these visions'?As he tries to understand new abilities and a compulsion to almost automatically do a bidding of an unseen puppet master. That would be something new for the character and move the greater Hickman plot.
    Last edited by Rev9; 03-21-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post

Honestly I take the opposite view of this. Since death had become such a big joke anyway, with writers finding ham-fisted ways of bringing characters back after they’re killed or, worse, bringing in AU versions or stupid teen versions from the past, I kind of love that Hickman said “F it” and just gave them an easy, built-in way to do it from here on out.

Now if only they’d send Kid Cable’s dumb ass back to his past/our future (especially since he came back to send the teen O5 back in the first place to protect the timestream), then we can resurrect OG Cable using the Resurrection Protocols and the powers of The Five, one of whom is his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Honestly I take the opposite view of this. Since death had become such a big joke anyway, with writers finding ham-fisted ways of bringing characters back after they’re killed or, worse, bringing in AU versions or stupid teen versions from the past, I kind of love that Hickman said “F it” and just gave them an easy, built-in way to do it from here on out.

Now if only they’d send Kid Cable’s dumb ass back to his past/our future (especially since he came back to send the teen O5 back in the first place to protect the timestream), then we can resurrect OG Cable using the Resurrection Protocols and the powers of The Five, one of whom is his daughter.
    Come to think of it ... if OG Cable were resurrected, he would be in a younger body than we are used to. Intermediate between OG and Wi-Fi, something like 30 years.

BANNED

Death is supposed to be a joke. Instead of us wondering how the heroes are possibly going to make it out of a situation, sometimes they just don't and have to get respawned. It's not that big of a deal.

Killing characters "permanently" in corporate comics about magic and super science is just lazy storytelling anyway.

Writers often forget the rules that its only cool to do this when she is going to perma-die, and you have to have characters have sex on her grave at the end.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 03-21-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Come to think of it ... if OG Cable were resurrected, he would be in a younger body than we are used to. Intermediate between OG and Wi-Fi, something like 30 years.
    I’d take it.

What would be interesting is whether they’d bring him back with the T-O virus or not. Without it his full power burns him out and kills him over time, but I bet they could put some sort of dampener on his psychic powers to prevent that.

Probably doesn’t matter, though, as they seem to want to run with this kid version for now. IMO they should’ve just given Kid Omega his own series instead. He’s pretty much Kid Cable anyway with psychic guns instead of real ones and even more attitude. Hell, he’s even got the same shitty haircut. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    That's a bit overexaggerating considering the fact New X-Men or Endsong are X-Men stories and both of them happened under dire situations. During New X-Men, he actually inadvertently saved Jean not only from her trauma but he was also the reason she got resurrected and during Endsong he actually killed because she asked her to that because of DP.
    Ah, those weren't, you know, *his* stories. But that's not the point.

EDIT: Now that I think more about it if he actually kills her on this issue(doesn't matter if she gets resurrected) then I am out of this storyline until Vampire arc.

Logan accidentally killed her during Origin and the fact he did the exact opposite to her more than enough times since Fatal Attractions
    to Resurrection is making me believe that it's quite superficial for him to kill her, no what type of head cannon happens.
    Most of the XMen have saved her enough times but nobody is constantly stabbing her to death.

BANNED

Which stories are you referring to then? About her particularly.

BANNED

Most of the XMen have saved her enough times but nobody is constantly stabbing her to death.
    Well, I can say that the majority of times he saved her compared to other x-men.

BANNED

Which stories are you referring to then? About her particularly.
    He's talking about Endsong, where Wolverine stabbed her a bunch of times, in a story that was mostly about putting Jean Grey away to solidify Cyclops' new ship.