Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I mean I haven't kissed a man in like 3 months so I guess I wouldn't call myself gay either
    Haven’t gotten a k*ss since quarantine. If this doesn’t end before August and I don’t get k*ssed until then, I have to fill out a form where I list out at least five reasons for why it makes sense in my life’s narrative that I’m gay. If the judges determine that I’m only being gay to be diverse, I have to go back to being straight.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though that was more the writer trying to make his team as diverse as possible so he needed a gay or bi character and just changed her to fit that idea though I don't remember her having any interest in any woman since, done more as a gimmick kind of thing much like with Buffy sleeping with another slayer in the comic..., so I wouldn't call her bi...
    Even if it was for gimmicks, it’s still on the pages that she has been with men and women too, which makes her bi. How many time it happened has hardly anything to do with it, it still happened and is canon. And why it’s even a problem if she’s bi? I can’t understand it, it doesn’t erase her previous relationships with men…
    Be kind, it's FREE

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Well you can be gay and sexually charged.
    Of all things to place in opposition to being gay, sexually charged is a weird choice.

Mighty Member

1. Pyro II
    2. Northstar
    3. Iceman

1. Prodigy
    2. Karma
    3. Bling!
    4. Rictor
    5. Anole
    6. Mercury
    7. Northstar
    8. Destiny
    9. Madin
    10. Hindsight

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Of all things to place in opposition to being gay, sexually charged is a weird choice.
    Well, it has been the case that a fair number of people in positions to make these decisions wanted gay characters, 'but not *too* gay,' if ya know what I mean. So Aurora could have plenty of menfriends, and act all flirty, but Northstar had to pretty much be a monk (and a particularly standoffish and isolated and fully dressed and sexless one) for much of the run of Alpha Flight, since he could be gay, and even mention it from time to time, but god forbid he actually do anything gay... There was always a double standard that straight characters, even the men could be sexualized all day long, with Hawkeye or the Human Torch depicted in the shower or standing around nude or whatever, but if a character was defined as gay, the shirt stayed on, and most definitely the pants!

Seeing Hulkling with his shirt off on a recent Empyre cover was kind of a shocker, in that respect.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

1. Rictor
    2. Iceman
    3. Karma
    4. Shatterstar
    5. Mystique

WAIT A MINUTE. Psylocke is queer?????

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    1. Rictor
    2. Iceman
    3. Karma
    4. Shatterstar
    5. Mystique

Betsy Braddock. The current Psylocke is afaik straight

1) Mercury
    2) Prodigy
    3) Daken
    4) Anole
    5) Flatman
    6) Karma
    7) Northstar (liked him better when he was a douchebag)
    8) Shatterstar
    9) Graymalkin
    10) Deadpool
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

So, because I don’t know, and google isn’t helpful for this q: how can Byrne be both incredibly toxic, AND have the foresight to create Northstar as a closeted man in the 80s?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    1. Rictor
    2. Iceman
    3. Karma
    4. Shatterstar
    5. Mystique

Depends on which fan you ask, it's like you had a crazy weekend in Vegas with someone of the same sex years ago(in this case that used to be her boyfriend beforehand) and then have shown little to no interest at all in doing it again since, I brought the Buffy thing up as immediately after it happened many fans claimed that Buffy was bi but the people that ran the comic and all stated otherwise that she wasn't, so it's not an automatic thing...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Depends on which fan you ask, it's like you had a crazy weekend in Vegas with someone of the same sex years ago(in this case that used to be her boyfriend beforehand) and then have shown little to no interest at all in doing it again since, I brought the Buffy thing up as immediately after it happened many fans claimed that Buffy was bi but the people that ran the comic and all stated otherwise that she wasn't, so it's not an automatic thing...
    What happened with Buffy?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Haven’t gotten a k*ss since quarantine. If this doesn’t end before August and I don’t get k*ssed until then, I have to fill out a form where I list out at least five reasons for why it makes sense in my life’s narrative that I’m gay. If the judges determine that I’m only being gay to be diverse, I have to go back to being straight.
    Welcome to the club sis. I went to trial and the judges have determined I can't be gay because there's already gay people who have existed longer than me, so I don't need to be forced into being gay just to fill a diversity quota.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Buffy had a brief same-sex relationship with a fellow Slayer named Satsu in the Season 8 comic. It was basically a one-night stand...except it happened two nights.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    A few years ago in the comic Buffy that continued on after the show had its series finale Buffy slept with another of the younger slayers, to see if she liked it, some fans blew up and declared her to be bi from that day forward, the people behind both the show and the comic then quickly stated that she wasn't bi end of story...