Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 91
  1. #46
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lower East Side
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Hi. Is it true Superior Spider-Man beat Terrax? And if he did how did he do it?
    " I am alive. I am angry. I am no longer apologizing for anything. Not my machines. Not my decisions. Not my deeds. I am going to win this fight. I am the one who wins. Korvac thinks he is a god. But I Am Iron Man.." TONY STARK

  2. #47
    Amazing Member la.forsaken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Western Pacific
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Hi. Is it true Superior Spider-Man beat Terrax? And if he did how did he do it?
    It was a decent proper fight. No way Ock could just muscle his way through. He had to use a lot of brain. Visiting old tech from other villains to overcome Terrax.

    Instead of a spoiler. Go read it man issue 2-3 of 2019 Superior Spider-man. Its awesome.
    Last edited by la.forsaken; 08-20-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    "Without Sin, what Grace has Forgiveness."

  3. #48
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lower East Side
    Posts
    6,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by la.forsaken View Post
    It was a decent proper fight. No way Ock could just muscle his way through. He had to use a lot of brain. Visiting old tech from other villains to overcome Terrax.

    Instead of a spoiler. Go read it man issue 2-3 of 2019 Superior Spider-man. Its awesome.
    Thanks. I’ll see if my comic shop has them.
    " I am alive. I am angry. I am no longer apologizing for anything. Not my machines. Not my decisions. Not my deeds. I am going to win this fight. I am the one who wins. Korvac thinks he is a god. But I Am Iron Man.." TONY STARK

  4. #49
    Y'know. Pav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    Yes. Love Web of Death. Great character stuff from JM DeMetteis.

    If Gage had simply left Otto as Superior Spider-Man and ended his run with him still in that persona I'm certain Marvel would have reverted him back to normal at some point. Doctor Octopus is way too much of an important character to the mythos to leave him as a satellite Spider-Man spin off character.
    I think Tom Defalco wrote half of the Web of Death issues also; and yeah -- I loved the portrayal of Otto in those. The comparison to Magneto or Doom seems fitting: a deadly enemy who has gained respect for his adversary to the point of almost being friendly -- that's the Otto I think could really work in future stories, much more so than the two-dimensional megalomaniac.

    As for how the SSM run and character ended -- we all know how comics work, but I choose not to be jaded by the reality. "Nothing gold can stay" and all that, y'know? And in fact, compared with his first resurrection after the Clone Saga, I think this one is hands down way better, because at least the door has been left open for Otto's character growth to remain if future writers want to explore it.

    -Pav, who thinks the Slott era of Spidey writers wrote some of the best Doc Ock stories ever...
    2021 Marvel Monthlies
    X-Men, X-Force, New Mutants, Way of X, Marauders, Excalibur, Sword, Runaways, Strange Academy
    2021 Marvel Minis
    Taskmaster, U.S.Agent, Beta Ray Bill, Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon, America Chavez, Black Knight


    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school! DM for details

  5. #50
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Absolutely terrible... I legit hate Marvel's BS character regression
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

  6. #51
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Absolutely terrible... I legit hate Marvel's BS character regression
    I agree. The two volumes of Superior and everything in-between was the most growth the character had since the clone saga and web of death.

  7. #52
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,371

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Absolutely terrible... I legit hate Marvel's BS character regression
    I'm with you.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    funny thing is that he hasnt been used since his revert
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  9. #54
    The Superior One Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    funny thing is that he hasnt been used since his revert
    Surprise, surprise, I'm shocked, shocked I tell ya.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  10. #55
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    758

    Default

    I hated it, but some side of me wanted to say that it's okay. I hated it because I love what Slott did to him, and then Gage is killing it with Superior Spider-Man. But I knew that Gage wanted a tragedy, and the tragedy is Otto needs to forego his heroic to become a hero. That thing is simple, and I loved it as a Kamen Rider's fan. But some part of me hated it because look at all the parts that they gave him as development and then they flushed it down to the toilet. So yeah I have mix feeling about it.

  11. #56
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    I hated it, but some side of me wanted to say that it's okay. I hated it because I love what Slott did to him, and then Gage is killing it with Superior Spider-Man. But I knew that Gage wanted a tragedy, and the tragedy is Otto needs to forego his heroic to become a hero. That thing is simple, and I loved it as a Kamen Rider's fan. But some part of me hated it because look at all the parts that they gave him as development and then they flushed it down to the toilet. So yeah I have mix feeling about it.
    I can agree with that assessment, and as a Kamen Rider fan myself, is that where your icon comes from?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  12. #57
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I can agree with that assessment, and as a Kamen Rider fan myself, is that where your icon comes from?
    Yup, it's from the recent series, Kamen Rider Zero-One.

  13. #58
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Yup, it's from the recent series, Kamen Rider Zero-One.
    spoilers:
    Is that Kamen Rider ARK-One?
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  14. #59
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    758

    Default

    spoilers:
    Yes, that's Aruto's Ark One and Azu.
    end of spoilers

  15. #60
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    12,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    spoilers:
    Yes, that's Aruto's Ark One and Azu.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Very nice.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •