0 0%
  • Ed Brisson (New Mutants)

1 1.15%
  • Gerry Duggan (Marauders)

12 13.79%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    Brisson, I haven't disliked what he's written for X-Men before DOX, but I know a lot of people have. He hasn't written enough yet on New Mutants to really judge, but I got faith in him.
    People give Brisson grief cuz of using Glob Herman but Old/Dead Man Logan and the last X-Force (bad art tho) were solid. Extermination was... wew.
    "Cable was right!"

I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying what Duggan and Percy are doing with Marauders and X-Force. I've also been fairly impressed with both Brisson and Hickman on New Mutants.

Excalibur has been an enormous letdown though and unfortunately is the one book I wanted to enjoy most.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I gave my vote to Percy. He's been very consistent, and really understands his cast.

While I've really enjoyed Hickman's work, I wouldn't say it surprised me, as I really enjoyed HoX/PoX.
    this!!! he is very consistent
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Percy without a doubt he's consistently used his cast and the stories he's telling in a meaningful way which advances the narrative of the book. In 9 issues he's given everyone in his cast a moment to shine, development of their internal motivation, and their interactions feeling like the characters. It's even more impressive in my opinion as 2 of those 9 issues focused on Domino yet the series feels fresh, and I wish more books used their casts like Percy, as everyone has a voice and purpose not just the few preferred or favorites.

Fantastic Member

Hickman then Percy. X-Men when it's good is good. X-Force is the next best book.

Hill was just off ... and then left so that's the worst. I just feel like Howard is bad fan fiction. It's really really off and the book is not interesting.

Brisson feels like good intentions but he's just not putting together good stories. Give him credit for using some characters others wouldn't ....

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I've only read New Mutants, Excalibur, and Marauders. I've really enjoyed what I've read of New Mutants. Marauders has its ups and downs. And Excalibur has mostly disappointed me so far.
    Make Good Art

Percy is the best. Stellar books.

Hickman is good only when he is writing about villains or not about actual X-Men.

Duggan, Brisson and Hill are all medicore.

Howard is the worst. Shouldn`t be there.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Hickman had a couple of meh issues but that's been contrasted by some truly standout excellent issues. Percy is next, with some consistently good books. Duggan is in third with really good work but nothing that stands out nearly as well as Hickman and Percy.

Howard has some great characters and good ideas but something feels off in each issue, none of it is bad but I can't really say its all that good either. I don't dislike it and I want to like it, but...

Percy is the only correct answer

Hickman is the king of the hill rn.

Single issues of X-Men have been better than entire books this far.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Mighty Member

Percy for consistency. Hickman has improved from the first couple of issues of X-men that were a let down after HOX and POX.

Howard and Hill are by far the worst of the intial writers. Howard has bad plotting and pacing and feel these characters are doing the same thing in each arc. I want to like it because it has a lot of my favorite characters but it’s awful (of course I’m going to keep reading it though ��*♂️). Hill story started ok, but was awful pacing and all over the place. The only part I like was the scene between Betsy and unnamed purple haired assassin. I seriously didn’t like the taking of power insignias etc that were Betsy’s and claiming them like they were always Kwannon’s to begin with. She was pretty much a blank slate and besides taking the name of Psylocke, he could have done more to let her become her own character and not a replacement.

Hickman, followed by Duggan.

BANNED

Percy is apparently very good at this writing X-Men thing, but guys it's even better when a good writer is fond of several of your favorites. Even better when a writer can get you to care about characters you don't normally get up for (Domino).

Very pleased.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Hickman, so far.

Howard and Duggan have some good ideas but execution has been off. Percy's execution is good but he's been the least ambitious of any of the writers so far. Taking a familiar pre-DoX route misses the point of the new direction.

Percy just slightly edged out Hickman for me. X-Force hasn't really had an issue I didn't like (still haven't read the newest one) but X-Men has had a few that I know are setting up plot for later, but it's not later yet so as of now they are just dangling threads. New Mutants is third under Hickman but Brisson didn't give me much until his latest issue which was really good. Marauders has been consistently the 3rd best title followed by Excalibur. Fallen Angels was really the only book I don't care for.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.