Default New Green Hornet Series by Lobdell This Summer

Just saw the announcement for this here on CBR.

Any other Hornet fans out there? Anyone excited about this? Seems like an odd direction to take if you ask me, but it's definitely intriguing.

Spoilers ahoy

Ready? You were warned about the spoilers

spoilers:
    Looks like Hornet finds an alien baby and has to protect it from.....something? I'm wondering whether this is a meta-commentary on the arrival of Superman, which kinda put the final nail in the coffin for the pulp heroes like Hornet and the Phantom, or whether it's a swerve and there's no "alien" at all.
    end of spoilers

Lobdell is pretty hit or miss as a creator, and usually is a "miss" for me, but I definitely want to give this new series a shot. I'm hoping Dynamite! will be a better environment for Lobdell than the Big 2 and we get some real quality out of him. But we'll see.
    Last edited by TotalSnorefest; 03-24-2020 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Added spoilertags!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I read the Kevin Smith green hornet before and a few other issues. I think there's a green hornet beyond style take I wanted to check out but never got around to. I don't think i read the sci-fi take on green hornet but him investigating an alien baby feels like a good place to start.

I'm neutral on Lobdell.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Always, always, always include a link to anything like this. Rookie mistake

New Green Hornet from Dynamite by Lobdell.

The last 32 issue ongoing was really good even if the last arc or so got wonky. I'd love all of that in a nice OHC or two.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime