Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,709

    Default

    I enjoyed the movie, not just because of the low xpectations but I just thought it was cool. I was a little disappointed there was no reference to any other Valiant characters, but that’s just nerd shit I guess.

    Do you guys think marketing a movie as the beginning of a new shared universe would be wise??

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I enjoyed the movie, not just because of the low xpectations but I just thought it was cool. I was a little disappointed there was no reference to any other Valiant characters, but that’s just nerd shit I guess.

    Do you guys think marketing a movie as the beginning of a new shared universe would be wise??
    Hard to say. The shared universes that aren't Marvel haven't done well overall, but I don't think you can blame shared universe on that

  3. #18
    Wrath of a God Xero Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is this movie doomed
    Yes

    because of the virus?
    No

    ----

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I enjoyed the movie, not just because of the low xpectations but I just thought it was cool. I was a little disappointed there was no reference to any other Valiant characters, but that’s just nerd shit I guess.

    Do you guys think marketing a movie as the beginning of a new shared universe would be wise??
    They had a post credits scene that would have set up a shared universe but decided against it. After reading it I have to agree on their decusion, however the intent was good.

    As for the film itself it's fun, tries to be cleverer then it actually is but an enjoyable enough action movie with cool visuals and a neat near-future aesthetic

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Do you guys think marketing a movie as the beginning of a new shared universe would be wise??
    No. Make a good movie that is successful on its own first.

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That'd be fine in the 80's, today it kills all the tension. Batman can do this since we know he's not invincible, with Bloodshot when he fights a bunch of soldiers it's like toddlers fighting Superman.
    Nah that's an exaggerated comparison. He wan't superman and as said before his main fight was mental not physical and the tension was definitely there in that fight.

  7. #22
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I enjoyed the movie, not just because of the low xpectations but I just thought it was cool. I was a little disappointed there was no reference to any other Valiant characters, but that’s just nerd shit I guess.

    Do you guys think marketing a movie as the beginning of a new shared universe would be wise??
    I think marketing a movie as a shared universe is a mistake. Studios won't deliver on that promise if the first movie doesn't succeed. We seen it with DC with Green Lantern and Universal with Dracula Untold and the Mummy. They shouldn't count their chickens before they hatch.

  8. #23
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Nah that's an exaggerated comparison. He wan't superman and as said before his main fight was mental not physical and the tension was definitely there in that fight.
    I was speaking about him against any soldiers. Even the fights against the other super-humans were heavily tilted in his favour.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I was speaking about him against any soldiers. Even the fights against the other super-humans were heavily tilted in his favour.
    He runs out of juice on the first fight, the second they shut him down so the tension is "who gets killed first", and the last ge runs out of juice again.

  10. #25
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    He runs out of juice on the first fight, the second they shut him down so the tension is "who gets killed first", and the last ge runs out of juice again.
    In the last fight he loses everything except Bloodshot doesn't show any effects. If anything he's stronger. When he does finally fall he recovers and is given an upgrade.

  11. #26
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    In the last fight he loses everything except Bloodshot doesn't show any effects. If anything he's stronger. When he does finally fall he recovers and is given an upgrade.
    but he still fell and somebody saved his ass for like the 3rd time.

  12. #27

    Default

    Saw the movie. It was good, but felt "small" like a lot of lower budgeted superhero flicks like Birds of Prey (which was a better movie with more fleshed out characters in comparison).

    Scope is something you get when you spend the money, but Guy Pearce spent most of his scenes in that one control room.

    Also, it felt like there were missing pieces in terms of exposition. A lot of the "what" was there, but the "why" always seemed to be missing.

    In summary, I was entertained by it, but this movie was doomed, virus or no. It just wasn't good enough to pull in crowds over a sustained theatrical release. Quite frankly, it should have gone straight-to-Netflix.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,947

    Default

    Honestly thought Bloodshot was better and felt bigger in scope than BOP. More locations gave it an international feel and it cost half the money. Some interesting news on how it's doing on demand. Should be able to make it's money back.
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/blood...t-week-a174221

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    I enjoyed the movie, not just because of the low xpectations but I just thought it was cool. I was a little disappointed there was no reference to any other Valiant characters, but that’s just nerd shit I guess.

    Do you guys think marketing a movie as the beginning of a new shared universe would be wise??
    I was planning on watching it just for the chance of getting Quantum and Woody one day.

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Saw the movie. It was good, but felt "small" like a lot of lower budgeted superhero flicks like Birds of Prey (which was a better movie with more fleshed out characters in comparison).

    Scope is something you get when you spend the money, but Guy Pearce spent most of his scenes in that one control room.

    Also, it felt like there were missing pieces in terms of exposition. A lot of the "what" was there, but the "why" always seemed to be missing.

    In summary, I was entertained by it, but this movie was doomed, virus or no. It just wasn't good enough to pull in crowds over a sustained theatrical release. Quite frankly, it should have gone straight-to-Netflix.
    The why was going to be in the post credits scene they cut

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •