Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bloodshot - Dead on arrival?

I was going to watch this movie this weekend, but of course the theater is closed due to corona. Is this movie doomed because of the virus? Will this stop the Valiant universe from taking off?

And please no spoilers if you got to see the movie.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The movie is being released on VoD next week.

Some studios are releasing movies on streaming services to rent, some are just rescheduling them. I have to think that studios are going to have to find a different way to measure how well a movie does or is going to do during this crisis. In this case, it looks like it will be available on iTunes on Tuesday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Some studios are releasing movies on streaming services to rent, some are just rescheduling them. I have to think that studios are going to have to find a different way to measure how well a movie does or is going to do during this crisis. In this case, it looks like it will be available on iTunes on Tuesday.
    Its just an unfortunate time for a Valiant movie series beginning. But who knows? With quarantine and people having enough time to see it on VOD, It might take off otherwise.

Here's my take: Word of mouth is going to be huge on this one.

If it's great and you can watch it at home right now, it could really be huge.
    But a lot of people are out of work, so disposable income isn't what it was.
    If this movie isn't good, it's going to die a quick and painful death, I think.

I mean, this is a Vin Diesel vehicle with him trying to kick off a new comic book/sci-fi/fantasy series. Of course it is.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

This is dead on arrival because... B is the most generic hero Valiant can offer. Also Vin Diesel

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    This is dead on arrival because... B is the most generic hero Valiant can offer. Also Vin Diesel
    Seriously. Little internal conflict, superpowers that let him own virtually anyone he fights, healing factor and Vin, who has it written into his contract (probably), that he can't get beat up too bad.

How is Bloodshot any different from the 80s action heroes like Seagal and Vann Who Cares, guys only in the movie to 'prove' how bad ass they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I mean, this is a Vin Diesel vehicle with him trying to kick off a new comic book/sci-fi/fantasy series. Of course it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seriously. Little internal conflict, superpowers that let him own virtually anyone he fights, healing factor and Vin, who has it written into his contract (probably), that he can't get beat up too bad.

How is Bloodshot any different from the 80s action heroes like Seagal and Vann Who Cares, guys only in the movie to 'prove' how bad ass they are?
    Eh, whatever your opinions on Vin, he does get butts in seats usually. Main point of the thread though was did corona kill any chance for this movie to be profitable and if it did what does that mean for the Valiant cinematic universe going forward or if it even will.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, whatever your opinions on Vin, he does get butts in seats usually. Main point of the thread though was did corona kill any chance for this movie to be profitable and if it did what does that mean for the Valiant cinematic universe going forward or if it even will.
    Fast and Furious aside, does he?

Fast and Furious aside, does he?
    The Riddick movies also did well, and...I can't think of a single film he's been in outside those two franchises.

I don't believe I've ever went to a movie because it starred Vin Diesel. Hmmm, weird.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah he's tank who steam rolls regular soldiers that's the point. His fight with the enemy is 90% mental not physical. He literally gets owned for more than half the movie. Mostly it's his powers of regeneration that give him the edge or he'd be dead in most of those fights. But that's a selling point of the movie shown in the commercial. So I don't see why ppl are complaining about that.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 04-02-2020 at 01:59 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah he's tank who steam rolls regular soldiers that's the point. His fight with the enemy is 90% mental not physical. He literally gets owned for more than half the movie. Mostly it's his powers of regeneration that give him the edge or he'd be dead in most of those fights. But that's a selling point of the movie shown in the commercial. So I don't see why ppl are complaining about that.
    That'd be fine in the 80's, today it kills all the tension. Batman can do this since we know he's not invincible, with Bloodshot when he fights a bunch of soldiers it's like toddlers fighting Superman.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That'd be fine in the 80's, today it kills all the tension. Batman can do this since we know he's not invincible, with Bloodshot when he fights a bunch of soldiers it's like toddlers fighting Superman.
    Modern action stars still haven't gotten that, have they?

I mean, Die Hard, which tore the hell out of the protagonist, killed all those 80s buff guy movies. And still we have action stars today scared of taking a hit or barely winning.