Default Avatar Universe vs Full Metal Alchemist Universe

The two universes go to war.

Round 1: Aang era Avatar Universe. This includes the comics.

Round 2: Korra era Avatar Universe. This also includes the comics.

I would say FMA has an advantage against Aang era and can probably get rid of most of the non-spirits in a fight. I picture Azula getting Darth Mauled by King Bradley with some amusement.

The issue I see with Avatar is the spirits that you really can’t get rid of with brute force. That becomes more of an issue in Korra era and is going to be a lot of work. Father may be able to seal spirits with Truth’s power, and Gluttony may be able to BFR spirits into his pocket dimension belly, but otherwise I’d say that FMA is lacking the esoteric oomph to deal with Avatar’s spirit world.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger19 View Post
    I would say FMA has an advantage against Aang era and can probably get rid of most of the non-spirits in a fight. I picture Azula getting Darth Mauled by King Bradley with some amusement.

The issue I see with Avatar is the spirits that you really can’t get rid of with brute force. That becomes more of an issue in Korra era and is going to be a lot of work. Father may be able to seal spirits with Truth’s power, and Gluttony may be able to BFR spirits into his pocket dimension belly, but otherwise I’d say that FMA is lacking the esoteric oomph to deal with Avatar’s spirit world.
    FMAs tech advantage comes in handy too. The fact their basic infantry is carrying a gun rather then a bow or sword means they can pick away at the benders in army to army battles, and trounce regular infantry.

Yeah, definitely. They have tanks as well in FMA and can probably produce them quickly with Alchemy.

On the other hand, FMA lacks airpower, while Korra era has planes that can be used for aerial strikes.

OP specifies Aang's era, so no planes, just Zeppelins, which without Sozin's comet they don't really count for much offensively since they don't have non bending munitions

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    OP specifies Aang's era, so no planes, just Zeppelins, which without Sozin's comet they don't really count for much offensively since they don't have non bending munitions
    There are two rounds in the OP, 1 Aang-era, 1 Korra-era.