• Chris Pine as Steve Trevor

10 28.57%
  • Heath Ledger as the Joker

15 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep. That's when he started becoming "The Big Blue Boy Scout" in print, which he really wasn't before that, IMO.
    The 1960s and 1970s were the era of Superdickery in the comics, after all. Superman became a nicer guy in the comics in the 80s. The Superdickery shenanigans stopped around the time that the first SUPERMAN movie hit the cinemas.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I don't think I have replied to this thread..

I think a lot of the them have been great casting in the DC roles, but sometimes the writing and direction have let them down a bit or a lot. I have many favorites honestly.

Christopher Reeve
    Lynda Carter
    Brandon Routh (as Superman/Clark. Hate his Atom, too goofy)
    Henry Cavill
    Amy Adams
    Jason Momoa
    Amber Heard
    Patrick Wilson
    Nicole Kidman as Atlanna, she rocked
    Gal Gadot, just as good as Lynda, imo.
    Chris Pine
    Ben Affleck
    Jeremy Irons as Alfred was awesome.
    Shazam family were all adorable
    Jon Cryer is the best Lex, but I also like Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey in their stories.
    Grant Gustin and Ezra Miller, both very good to me.
    Ray Fisher as Cyborg was very good, imo. Didn't expect to like him that much.
    The show Krypton had some great actors too like general Zod and Brainiac. I loved that cast.

And more. I'm sure I forgot a few.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 03-31-2020 at 10:38 AM.

BANNED

Superman - Henry Cavill (Despite what we’ve gotten I envision him as Supes, hope he gets the chance to portray the Superman he wants to play)
    Lois Lane - Erica Durance (Honestly the best onscreen Lois in my opinion)
    Batman - Christian Bale (Favorite live action Batman of mine to date, despite the realism and batvoice)
    Joker - Heath Ledger
    Ras Al Ghul - Liam Neeson
    Green Arrow - Justin Hartley (When I was watching Smallville I was watching Justice League Unlimited and I felt the portrayals intertwined pretty well)

Just so it's clear--this post had existed for awhile before I added the poll. The 15 options I chose for the poll were the top 15 most mentioned in the thread up to that point (not counting any specifically mentioned as bad representations).

Voted for Chris Pine's Steve Trevor, Ledger's Joker, Bale's Batman, Gadot's Wonder Woman, and Cavill's Superman.

Would've voted for Erica Durance's Lois Lane but it wasn't an option. Would've voted for Amy Adams' Lois as a substitute but that wasn't an option either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Iain Glen is way, way better as Bruce Wayne than i ever thought he could be.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Iain Glen is way, way better as Bruce Wayne than i ever thought he could be.
    I think he's a lot of fun, too. Feels like a mixture of Adam West and Michael Keaton, with a bit of Ben Affleck's temperament.

They should give him his own BATMAN show on DCU, let it be about the ongoing adventures of a Batman who's been around a bit.

I'd also vote for Russell Crowe as Jor-El, loved him in the role. I like Brando too, but Crowe added more passion and energy to the role, imo.

Retired

Lesley Ann Warren is my favourite on-screen Lois Lane--from the 1975 ABC Special broadcast of IT'S A BIRD...IT'S A PLANE...IT'S SUPERMAN!

But with Lois Lanes, I tend to love the one I'm with. And right now I'm watching SMALLVILLE, so Erica Durance is my favourite Lois (for now). But don't worry, Lesley Ann, you'll always be my first love.

Christopher Reeve as Superman/Clark Kent is my favorite.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The 1960s and 1970s were the era of Superdickery in the comics, after all. Superman became a nicer guy in the comics in the 80s. The Superdickery shenanigans stopped around the time that the first SUPERMAN movie hit the cinemas.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I would say, the big blue boyscout started with comics code. Superman just wasn't the same after comics code decided to make the character more appropriate.look at the bill finger origin and compare it to siegel and shuster origin. There is remarkable change in character.

This is such a great design, I'm surprised they didn't use it in the comics

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I loved Man of Steel, and I'll always be grateful to Zack Snyder for giving me a Superman that I could take seriously, but even for those who didn't like the movie, I would think they would agree that MOS had a deep bench of great actors.

Snyder knows how to cast a movie, that's for sure. Everyone from Cavill to Adams to Diane Lane to Laurence Fishburne were great. Kevin Costner was off-model, but delivered as well.

I'd agree with an earlier comment about Russel Crowe as a more dynamic, heroic, more emotional Jor-El than we got with Brando, and I think that's a good thing.

I'll also give a shout-out to Michael Shannon as General Zod. He chewed the scenery in all the right ways and gave us a Zod that really felt like a warmongering "General" rather than a regal ruler like Terence Stamp, who was also definitely good in his take, but Shannon was thrilling and the threat level he presented was more visceral.

Well, it seems we have three clear leaders in the poll.

I'd like you now to envision a film in which Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman enlists the aid of Christopher Reeve's Superman to take on Heath Ledger's Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I loved Man of Steel, and I'll always be grateful to Zack Snyder for giving me a Superman that I could take seriously, but even for those who didn't like the movie, I would think they would agree that MOS had a deep bench of great actors.

Snyder knows how to cast a movie, that's for sure. Everyone from Cavill to Adams to Diane Lane to Laurence Fishburne were great. Kevin Costner was off-model, but delivered as well.

I'd agree with an earlier comment about Russel Crowe as a more dynamic, heroic, more emotional Jor-El than we got with Brando, and I think that's a good thing.

I'll also give a shout-out to Michael Shannon as General Zod. He chewed the scenery in all the right ways and gave us a Zod that really felt like a warmongering "General" rather than a regal ruler like Terence Stamp, who was also definitely good in his take, but Shannon was thrilling and the threat level he presented was more visceral.
    Yeah, Russel Crowe is a much better Jor-El than Brando. I just wish MoS did Jonathan Kent better.