Page 138 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2338
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Disney for only the second time (the rest reported bombed or did not make what disney wanted) access numbers. Jungle cruise made $30m on access. (more tickets lost) And like black widow don't expect week 2 numbers as black widow week 2 access sank like a rock in the seas of black widow bootlegs taken from disney plus.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ht-1234991247/

I could swear they released streaming numbers on Cruella the first week. I know people have said that BW was the first time they did it. But I swear they released Cruella numbers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Disney for only the second time (the rest reported bombed or did not make what disney wanted) access numbers. Jungle cruise made $30m on access. (more tickets lost) And like black widow don't expect week 2 numbers as black widow week 2 access sank like a rock in the seas of black widow bootlegs taken from disney plus.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ht-1234991247/
    Did you even read the article? They said Jungle Cruise did better than expected. So, good for Disney/Jungle Cruise. I support this hybrid release. Theater chains, actors/crew are just going to have to adapt to this new environment. I think they'll eventually be able to find a happy medium that makes theater chains and consumers happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Did you even read the article? They said Jungle Cruise did better than expected. So, good for Disney/Jungle Cruise. I support this hybrid release. Theater chains, actors/crew are just going to have to adapt to this new environment. I think they'll eventually be able to find a happy medium that makes theater chains and consumers happy.
    Better than expected doesn't mean a thing though if the movie is still a far cry from turning in profit. It's the same as when people were hailing Space Jam 2 for what was actually an abysmal result just because projections for the movie were even worse.

When you have a movie with a 200 million budget and the opening weekend projections ranged from 25-30 million then you can't declare it a success when it makes 34 million, that's not how the box office works. SJ2 and Jungle Cruise won't come close to making profit is all that counts, not that they outgrossed low expectations by 4 million.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    He had 100% chance of beating them legally...it's very simple man, when you buy a company you buy its contracts, debts and obligations. If this wasn't the case then any company that was in debt would just sell to their brother and erase that debt.
    If Foster thought he could win legally, he would have filed a lawsuit, bottom line.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Better than expected doesn't mean a thing though if the movie is still a far cry from turning in profit. It's the same as when people were hailing Space Jam 2 for what was actually an abysmal result just because projections for the movie were even worse.

When you have a movie with a 200 million budget and the opening weekend projections ranged from 25-30 million then you can't declare it a success when it makes 34 million, that's not how the box office works. SJ2 and Jungle Cruise won't come close to making profit is all that counts, not that they outgrossed low expectations by 4 million.
    How much do you think one of these hybrid movies needs to make a profit? 1.5% more than its budget? I only ask for curiosity sake.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    If Foster thought he could win legally, he would have filed a lawsuit, bottom line.
    No, it's not the bottom line. There have been countless examples of people who had the legal upper hand deciding to settle out of court for convenience sake. Are you suggesting they all had no real case, too?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    How much do you think one of these hybrid movies needs to make a profit? 1.5% more than its budget? I only ask for curiosity sake.
    I am not even sure the objective here is to make short term profits in this environment. Its to make as much as they can.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post

Let us help you figure this out, what specifically don't you understand about the relevant contract law?

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I am not even sure the objective here is to make short term profits in this environment. Its to make as much as they can.
    Sounds like a recipe for disaster, IMO. The studios have to at least recoup their costs or they will wind up in bankruptcy court sooner than later.

Astonishing Member

Sounds like a recipe for disaster, IMO. The studios have to at least recoup their costs or they will wind up in bankruptcy court sooner than later.

I mean I doubt that would be the case with Disney. But who knows. There are a lot of people who have been hurting during this pandemic. I don't know what would have been a better choice for these movie studios. I mean if you were running this show how would you do it?

Mighty Member

Well, it's impossible to expect a movie like Jungle Cruise to make 5x its budget in this environment. I guess studio heads are taking what they can get right now with these releases. Better something than nothing. And on a broader note, they're not the only industry hurting. In my area, there's a school bus driver shortage. So, to put it simply, the situation sucks. We all just do the best we can do, entertainment industry included.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Well, it's impossible to expect a movie like Jungle Cruise to make 5x its budget in this environment. I guess studio heads are taking what they can get right now with these releases. Better something than nothing. And on a broader note, they're not the only industry hurting. In my area, there's a school bus driver shortage. So, to put it simply, the situation sucks. We all just do the best we can do, entertainment industry included.

If there were thumbs up or likes on this board I would give ya one.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I mean I doubt that would be the case with Disney. But who knows. There are a lot of people who have been hurting during this pandemic. I don't know what would have been a better choice for these movie studios. I mean if you were running this show how would you do it?
    Well, at the present time, I would probably make only small-budget films that have a chance of making some type of profit in this environment. The ones that were in production before the pandemic are one thing, but I can't recommend burning money on something new if it can be avoided.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Well, at the present time, I would probably make only small-budget films that have a chance of making some type of profit in this environment. The ones that were in production before the pandemic are one thing, but I can't recommend burning money on something new if it can be avoided.
    On top of that, respect your talent and sit down and discuss compensation for those previously made films.

Astonishing Member

I mean that sounds pretty logical to me.