Page 74 of 156 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2338

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I think we are living through the beginning of the end of the United States of America as a democracy, but not because of this disease. Because of a mass mental illness where so many people still vote for Trump or people like him
    I love this Post and really wish you were my brother lol

Not to talk politics, but Trump has not been around for going on 3 months now.
    Trump pushed for the drug manufacturers to get a safe vaccine(s) made as quickly as possible and he wanted people to get the shot. He often talked about how the vaccines would end the pandemic.

Biden has opened up centers and gotten the vaccines out to the masses in a fast way.

Now whether individuals want to get the shot or not is up to them to personally make that decision.

But I agree that there is some type of mass delusion where people do not want this vaccine, but have taken numerous other ones without question.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I think we are living through the beginning of the end of the United States of America as a democracy, but not because of this disease. Because of a mass mental illness where so many people still vote for Trump or people like him
    I can't speak on Trump, but the Republican party has long been in decline - sadly thanks to gerrymandering (like a LOT of SEVERE gerrymandering) and voter suppression tactics, they still hold a lot of cache to stay in power.

BANNED

Back to theatrical movies.
    Streaming services are also making original content movies made for streaming only which is another threat to theaters.
    These movies are not only successful they are winning Oscars and Golden Globe Awards.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Streaming services are also making original content movies made for streaming only which is another threat to theaters.
    These movies are not only successful they are winning Oscars and Golden Globe Awards.
    They also represent no serious threat to theaters.

No one is going to stay home and watch a streaming movie over going to see a blockbuster at theaters - they're going to do both. They're not in direct competition. You're not forced to pick one or the other. Doesn't matter how good the streaming movies are, subscribers can always watch them before or after they see the new movie that's only in the theaters. So how is that a threat?

The argument goes: Grocery stores are providing many flavors of ice cream. Many of these ice cream flavors are delicious. This is a threat to cheeseburgers. No one can enjoy both cheeseburgers and ice cream. Cheeseburgers will surely diminish and fail over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    No one is going to stay home and watch a streaming movie over going to see a blockbuster at theaters - they're going to do both. They're not in direct competition. You're not forced to pick one or the other. Doesn't matter how good the streaming movies are, subscribers can always watch them before or after they see the new movie that's only in the theaters. So how is that a threat?
    Past that, it's not even like they will noticeably cut into something along the lines of The Lighthouse.

Astonishing Member

It's amusing nobody here really agrees with you either way but you're still trucking on with this tripe without even quoting any financial figures either way to show for your troubles.

What's the biggest awards financial report that makes you think the current Oscar race will contribute to kill theaters? I for one want to watch Promising Young Woman in theaters if not Messiah, but I'd think Nobody will still be financially better off and I'll also watch that and won't tell you how many blockbusters after that.

Drafthouse reopening theatres that were shut down. Here is about one of them.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...ic/7194862002/

The pandemic didn't kill it. A parent-company bankruptcy didn't, either.

Alamo Drafthouse Cinema's Springfield theater will be back this month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The argument goes: Grocery stores are providing many flavors of ice cream. Many of these ice cream flavors are delicious. This is a threat to cheeseburgers. No one can enjoy both cheeseburgers and ice cream. Cheeseburgers will surely diminish and fail over time.
    Bad analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    It's amusing nobody here really agrees with you either way but you're still trucking on with this tripe without even quoting any financial figures either way to show for your troubles.

What's the biggest awards financial report that makes you think the current Oscar race will contribute to kill theaters? I for one want to watch Promising Young Woman in theaters if not Messiah, but I'd think Nobody will still be financially better off and I'll also watch that and won't tell you how many blockbusters after that.
    Actually there are plenty of people who agree with me, not on this thread, but in the real world.
    Blockbusters are too far and few between to maintain most theaters. All non blockbuster movies will eventually premiere on streaming, leaving blockbusters for the theaters. This was predicted before covid, so this movement toward streaming has nothing to do with covid. Disney announced late last year it’s reorganizing to focus on their streaming service.

“I would not characterize it as a response to Covid,” CEO Bob Chapek told CNBC’s Julia Boorstin on “Closing Bell” on Monday. “I would say Covid accelerated the rate at which we made this transition, but this transition was going to happen anyway.”

This quote is in October 2020 from this article:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/12/disn...-consumer.html
    Last edited by luprki; 04-15-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Actually there are plenty of people who agree with me, not on this thread, but in the real world.
    Blockbusters are too far and few between to maintain most theaters. All non blockbuster movies will eventually premiere on streaming, leaving blockbusters for the theaters. This was predicted before covid, so this movement toward streaming has nothing to do with covid. Disney announced late last year it’s reorganizing to focus on their streaming service.

“I would not characterize it as a response to Covid,” CEO Bob Chapek told CNBC’s Julia Boorstin on “Closing Bell” on Monday. “I would say Covid accelerated the rate at which we made this transition, but this transition was going to happen anyway.”

This quote is in October 2020 from this article:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/12/disn...-consumer.html
    Here's the main issue...

You have to grab almost every "Well, What About 'X/Y/Z'?..." that you can get your hands on for things to look even a little bit bad for the future of theaters.

That says a lot about how things actually look.

Astonishing Member

What is the real world that people in this thread don't live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    What is the real world that people in this thread don't live in.
    He means people on CBR account for a very small % of the real world.

Bad analogy
    Not really, it's poking fun at a bad premise.