Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2338
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Wrong again as usual.
    hyped78 you be forgot that you are the one who came up with the $80 million figure, not me. lol
    Hummmm... how do make that leap when it's right here in black and white that you came up with that number? I challenged you on it and you admitted you said it (and admitted you made it up, btw)
    Last edited by green_garnish; 06-04-2021 at 05:05 PM.

BANNED

I mean, really....

I’m comparing Cruella’s streaming vs theaters. I’m not comparing it to Aladdin nor Lion King.
    Cruella made approximately made $80 million streaming over the weekend, it’s not going to stop at $80 million, it still streaming and people are still purchasing it, just like the theaters.
    If the studios really think streaming purchases wasn’t sustainable they wouldn’t be shortening the theatrical window. The studios want they movies out of theaters faster and quickly into streaming.
    Streaming is more convenient and there is no way theaters can surpass it.
    Another thing that being ignore is movies like Cruella and BW will provide more subscribers to D+, which will bring in even more money after the movie has run it’s course. So if people want to wait until August to see Cruella, they still has to subscribe to D+ and pay the low monthly subscriptions. There is no negatives to streaming, but they are negatives to theatrical releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    What is your $80 million source of information?
    The $80 million is just an estimate, no one knows the real number

Samba only measures smart tv, which is only about 30% of the devices, because of this Samba misses about 70% of streaming devices. So whatever number Samba reports is a 30% figure, not the real 100% figure.

I was searching for that, thank you!

While it's a little murky as to who threw that number out there first?

What is pretty "Black..."/"White..." is that you are still citing a random person on a message board as a source for that figure even if they brought it up first.

Either way, there wasn't much in the way of actual data to back that number up before someone started stating it as if it was fact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While it's a little murky as to who threw that number out there first?
    If there's an earlier instance $80 million figure, I wish you would quote it here, because I missed it, and I, for one, don't have a problem saying "sorry, I was mistaken. "
    Last edited by green_garnish; 06-04-2021 at 05:30 PM.

If I was the first to mention $80MM it is certainly not because I believe in that number, it was a hypothetical ceiling using our friend’s logic of “$20MM is only less than 30%...”. How absurd.

If there's an earlier instance $80 million figure, I wish you would quote it here, because I missed it, and I, for one, don't have a problem saying "sorry, I was mistaken. "
    Without really trying to be on a side here...

Your first instance appeared to be post #1483...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5569616

Meanwhile this is post #1481...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5569165

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Let’s say that for Cruella $20 million is 25% and that the total revenue figure is $80 million for 100%. How is that even close to $250 million for Aladdin or the Lion King after removing 50% for the theaters themselves (three times more!)? It is not even close. And those $80 million for Cruella are still less than half the movie’s production cost.

Also bear in mind that the latest numbers from Cruella in theaters show that revenue from theaters for the movie will quickly surpass those streaming revenues.

The streaming companies themselves know it is not sustainable to rely on streaming purchases only, there is a reason why Disney+ postponed Black Widow as much as they could. And there is a reason why these movies become free on Disney+ after just a few months (Cruella will become free to subscribers starting in the last week of August).
    Pretty clear that it was a "High..." figure for the sake of discussion, and then someone ran with it talking about it as if it was fact.

Doesn't change that it is a figure based on almost nothing.

BANNED

Without really trying to be on a side here...

Your first instance appeared to be post #1483...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5569616

Meanwhile this is post #1481...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5569165

Pretty clear that it was a "High..." figure for the sake of discussion, and then someone ran with it talking about it as if it was fact.

Doesn't change that it is a figure based on almost nothing.
    Sorry, I was mistaken

Sorry, I was mistaken
    Doesn't seem like much of a biggie, to me.

BANNED

Doesn't seem like much of a biggie, to me.
    Not to me either, but I did suggest that Luprki made the first reference to that figure

Not to me either, but I did suggest that Luprki made the first reference to that figure
    He did even worse - ran with a clearly fictitious/ ceiling number and ran with it as if it was a fact

That's why I called it "Trump..." numbers.

Even framing it as an "Estimate..." is a "Stretch Armstrong..."-level stretch.

Mighty Member

Well doing the math on Luprki’s claim that the $20 million was less than 30% at 29% it is 66.7 million
    28% 71.4 million
    27% 74.1 million
    26% 76.9 million
    25% 80 million

I wouldn’t really cut him much slack on the estimate that came from his less than 30% claim

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Well doing the math on Luprki’s claim that the $20 million was less than 30% at 29% it is 66.7 million
    28% 71.4 million
    27% 74.1 million
    26% 76.9 million
    25% 80 million

I wouldn’t really cut him much slack on the estimate that came from his less than 30% claim
    Yep, that’s exactly what I did. For the sake or argument, took 25% and arrived at $80MM using his claim - I never actually said I agree with the logic or anything, I obviously don’t!

Astonishing Member

I mean I don't know what the numbers are. But if Cruella brought in 80 million in streaming over a 4 day weekend thats pretty impressive. I have no idea if thats real or what. But no one really knows. Remember Disney plus is in Europe as well. Or most of it. And Australia ect. No one knows purchases from there.