Page 105 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2338

It's important to note that Cruella has yet to start (or just started this weekend) its theatrical run in some major international markets, e.g. China, Russia, Brazil, France, so its theatrical box office should rise significantly whereas streaming numbers are likely to plummet fast. Anybody who wasn't eager to stream it immediately can also wait three months for the same experience without paying an extra 30 dollars.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    It's important to note that Cruella has yet to start (or just started this weekend) its theatrical run in some major international markets, e.g. China, Russia, Brazil, France, so its theatrical box office should rise significantly whereas streaming numbers are likely to plummet fast. Anybody who wasn't eager to stream it immediately can also wait three months for the same experience without paying an extra 30 dollars.
    I noticed Cruella didn't just drop small on the weekdays in North America, it actually grew on Thursday.

Seems fair to me Disney would announce a sequel. My local theater is filling up the parking lot again and from my own experience walking in it's not just from the horror flicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I noticed Cruella didn't just drop small on the weekdays in North America, it actually grew on Thursday.

Seems fair to me Disney would announce a sequel. My local theater is filling up the parking lot again and from my own experience walking in it's not just from the horror flicks.
    It has a good word of mouth (A CinemaScore) so I wouldn't be surprised if it shows some legs. Raya is still bringing in theatrical money three months after its start and despite being available on Disney+.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...-restrictions/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...tone-in-china/

Clearly theaters are dying... clearly! haha
    (before that guy says that I said theaters are dying, like he did for the 80MM, let me clarify - I am being ironic here)
    Last edited by hyped78; 06-05-2021 at 04:25 AM.

Movie theatres have re-opened here in the Netherlands, starting today. Next week, I'm gonna try and watch a movie at the movie theatre I always go to that plays arthouse movies and world cinema (only rarely blockbusters). I lost interest in the big sci-fi/action movies after Endgame and Rise Of Skywalker.

I guess with arthouse and independent films, as well as quieter Hollywood dramas and movies with a message, it's kinda the same as with theatres where stage plays are performed? It was originally thought that film would kill interest in stage plays, but it's sustained a core audience? I think it will be the same for the more artsy, creative movies. They'll have people keep wanting to see them because they don't always wanna see another Star Wars or Fast & Furious every week.

Here in the Netherlands, arthouse theatres receive quite a bit of government funding too to sustain themselves, so I guess the situation is only partly comparable to the USA.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Everyone else has been doing just that the entire time...

In this pair of posts when we went over that a film made just three million less than it was predicted to do before Covid hit?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5566023

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5566049

That is people providing actual data that suggests that the film did almost as well in the middle of a pandemic as it was supposed to do if a pandemic had never happened.

That sort of thing has happened over and over in this thread. Almost everyone has been providing data regularly.
    I’m talking about Disney+ data, we all know the box office numbers. What we don’t know is how it compares to streaming numbers.
    Box office number don’t tell us anything about streaming. Only thing we can rely on is the Samba TV data and calculate from that.
    Last edited by luprki; 06-05-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

Cruella at 87 million worldwide, and 43 million domestic. Word of mouth is good, plus streaming revenue I think this is gonna be considered a hit. No in the normal way, but it will probably bring in pretty decent number for the rest of June. The real test is when Black Widow hits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    The real test is when Black Widow hits.
    Why is that?

For those who want todays box office--

So for todays box office conjuring 3 takes first place with $26m and $57m.

Quite place 2 makes $19.2m and ww $138m.

Spirit made as expected with $6m.

Cruella made another $18m. Up to $87m ww.

Fast 9 up to $250m ww.

Doraomon nears $500m.

Demon slayer passes the $500m mark!

Detective conan up to $88m!
    https://deadline.com/2021/06/quiet-p...ce-1234770121/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-07-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Why is that?
    I think that is the one where most if not all movie theaters will be fully open for business. And its a marvel movie. So it will be really interesting to see the numbers when they come out.

BANNED

Yep, BW is the measuring stick, it’s the fork in the road. It might settle the theaters vs streaming conversation. But whatever happens I hope all movies will continue to do same day releases, because it give us the fans the choice on how we want to view movies.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Yep, BW is the measuring stick, it’s the fork in the road. It might settle the theaters vs streaming conversation. But whatever happens I hope all movies will continue to do same day releases, because it give us the fans the choice on how we want to view movies.
    There is no "Fork In The Road..."

Without theaters even being fully open, films are almost doing the numbers that were predicted when Covid was not even an issue.

There is no logical case for that things are going to take a turn once they are completely open.

BANNED

Don’t ignore the fact that studios want their movies on their streaming services, either same day, 45 days or less after the theatrical release date. Either way the theater model dominance is over. Some are already saying that Cruella box office numbers was depleted because it also debuted on Disney+ and very possible it made more than AQPII. Streaming is here to stay and it’s only going to get bigger and more popular as time goes on. Movie going will get less popular when people realize how short the theatrical window has become. I think by the year 2026 streaming will be the most popular way we watch movies.
    Last edited by luprki; 06-06-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Don’t ignore the fact that studios want their movies on their streaming services, either same day, 45 days or less after the theatrical release date. Either way the theater model dominance is over. Some are already saying that Cruella box office numbers was depleted because it also debuted on Disney+ and very possible it made more than AQPII. Streaming is here to say and it’s only going to get bigger and more popular as time goes on. Movie going will get less popular when people realize how short the theatrical window has become. I think by the year 2026 streaming will be the main way we watch movies.
    This is essentially still...

While None Of The Actual Data Backs Anything Like This Up, Let Me Tell You What I Think/Believe...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    There is no "Fork In The Road..."

Without theaters even being fully open, films are almost doing the numbers that were predicted when Covid was not even an issue.

There is no logical case for that things are going to take a turn once they are completely open.
    I mean we already saw for the time being that when audiences in North america got mostly holed up at home with streaming for a year and then given the choice to go out and watch a theaters only big movie, the reaction was not to remain all the more at home but make it match pre-pandemic predictions... without theaters even being 100% open.

It doesnt'get any better than that. and it's kinda sad we've gotten to the point it needs a reminder.