Page 148 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2338
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    So you see that the day and date release is pointless as Disney will get your money anyway. But by getting your money at a later point in time they will get more money out of the theatrical release as the movie won't get pirated early, people who like it enough to watch it again will actually have to pay again to see it and people won't be able to watch the movie for a ridiculously low price by account sharing.
    It’s not about Disney getting my money, it’s about me wanting to see the movie where I feel comfortable.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-08-2021 at 05:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    It’s not about Disney getting my money, it’s about me wanting to see the movie where I feel comfortable.
    Not from Disney's viewpoint

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Not from Disney's viewpoint
    I care about my viewpoint and safety , not Disney’s viewpoint.

Politely, that is absolutely all this is about.

If same day will consistently result in a good-sized chunk of potential profits being lost to piracy?

There is no even remotely realistic scenario where these companies will accept being robbed today in an attempt to create a landscape where they get a little bit bigger cut some of the time in the future.

I care about my viewpoint and safety , not Disney’s viewpoint.
    You see, that's the problem here. Most people in this thread discuss whether this day and date model is a success for the studios and if they'll keep it or return to exclusive windows. You just want the studios to keep it because you prefer that strategy personally. Your personal preferences just don't qualify as arguments and therefore don't matter in this discussion.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

As for this part...

It just makes for a tangent that doesn't have a whole lot to do with the actual crux of the thread.

I could just as easily point out that the Cinemark Tinseltown theater that is in my neck of the woods gets points from me personally because it is right across the street from an assisted living facility, and the theater really does alright by those folks.

That said, I don't really bring that up past maybe mentioning it in passing because I know that it would have to start working out with the Ultimate Warrior to get big enough to even amount to a good solid "Non-Issue..." when it comes to the central issue in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The latter isn't remotely a problem for me (and is quite sad for those who can claim it as one ). As for the discs, I usually buy a copy of the movies I see at the theater, so it would happen, regardless.
    I mean, same here, but those are the reasons I could think of for some people. Oh, third reason - lack of physical storage space. I think we've all had shelves and shelves and shelves of DVDs and blu-rays.

BANNED

You see, that's the problem here. Most people in this thread discuss whether this day and date model is a success for the studios and if they'll keep it or return to exclusive windows. You just want the studios to keep it because you prefer that strategy personally. Your personal preferences just don't qualify as arguments and therefore don't matter in this discussion.
    Apparently my personal preferences does matter to you and that other guy, otherwise I wouldn’t be getting all these responses about my preferences.

Like many other people, I’m not comfortable going to a theater even though I’m fully vaccinated. The world has changed and I believe moviegoing will never go back to pre covid.

Apparently my personal preferences does matter to you and that other guy, otherwise I wouldn’t be getting all these responses about my preferences.

Like many other people, I’m not comfortable going to a theater even though I’m fully vaccinated. The world has changed and I believe moviegoing will never go back to pre covid.
    You were getting responses because you were claiming that streaming will ultimately replace movie theaters. You didn't present that as your opinion before but more as some kind of inevitable outcome. If you just said that it is your wish that movie theaters were abandoned for streaming I would never have bothered to answer because there would be no point to argue your opinion.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

You were getting responses because you were claiming that streaming will ultimately replace movie theaters. You didn't present that as your opinion before but more as some kind of inevitable outcome. If you just said that it is your wish that movie theaters were abandoned for streaming I would never have bothered to answer because there would be no point to argue your opinion.
    I’m claiming streaming will be the dominant way we watch movies by 2026.
    Since I’m the one who posted that, then who else’s opinion would it be other than mine?
    Maybe you should read your own posts before you judge someone else’s post. Because you have posted a lot of things that sound like you are speaking for everybody.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I’m claiming streaming will be the dominant way we watch movies by 2026.
    Since I’m the one who posted that, then who else’s opinion would it be other than mine?
    Maybe you should read your own posts before you judge someone else’s post. Because you have posted a lot of things that sound like you are speaking for everybody.
    And if you had backed up your opinion with anything other than your own subjective opinions that would be one thing...but again and again you have failed to do that.

Were you to phrase you point like, "Personally,though I have nothing to back this up, I feel like streaming will be the dominant way in which we watch films in the future because I think more people will find it comfortable like I do" you wouldn't get any flack at all, but instead you've continually misinterpreted facts, mis-characterized quotes and articles to fit your point of view and tried to pass off your own personal experiences as being indicative of the whole...all of which are behaviors that are going to get you called to the mat on.

It's not a matter of what you're saying, but how you are choosing to express it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    And if you had backed up your opinion with anything other than your own subjective opinions that would be one thing...but again and again you have failed to do that.

Were you to phrase you point like, "Personally,though I have nothing to back this up, I feel like streaming will be the dominant way in which we watch films in the future because I think more people will find it comfortable like I do" you wouldn't get any flack at all, but instead you've continually misinterpreted facts, mis-characterized quotes and articles to fit your point of view and tried to pass off your own personal experiences as being indicative of the whole...all of which are behaviors that are going to get you called to the mat on.

It's not a matter of what you're saying, but how you are choosing to express it.
    No, it’s because you don’t agree with my statement.
    I express things my way and you express things your way. You should also read your past posts before judging mine.

Don’t you know how opinions work? An opinion is a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    You are asking me to back up an opinion, that’s silly because opinions can’t be backed up. It just how a person feels about something. Only facts can be backed up and neither you or I have the facts.
    Now if you ask me how I formed my opinion, I’ll be happy to tell you.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-09-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

No, it’s because you don’t agree with my statement, I express things my way and you express things your way. You should also read your past posts before judging mine.

Don’t you know how opinions work? An opinion is a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    You are asking me to back up an opinion, that’s silly because opinions can’t be backed up. It just how a person feels about something. Only facts can be backed up and neither you or I have the facts.
    Discussions require you to back up what you're saying...if you don't want a discussion then I guess it's okay not to do that.

An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.
    It is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Discussions require you to back up what you're saying...if you don't want a discussion then I guess it's okay not to do that.
    You can backup facts you can’t backup opinions. Do you understand there is a different between facts and opinions?
    You are asking the wrong question. You should be asking me how I did I formed my opinion.