Page 68 of 156 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2338
    BANNED

COVID cases per day have risen 18 % in the last month, because prior refuse to wear masks or get inoculated.

Nevertheless, as more people get vaccinated out develop natural immunity from having had the virus, things will get back to a semblance of normal. We won't be able to eradicate this smallpox because the courts have been packed with idiots who will uphold individual responsibility over community safety, but it will get a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    COVID cases per day have risen 18 % in the last month, because prior refuse to wear masks or get inoculated.

Nevertheless, as more people get vaccinated out develop natural immunity from having had the virus, things will get back to a semblance of normal. We won't be able to eradicate this smallpox because the courts have been packed with idiots who will uphold individual responsibility over community safety, but it will get a lot better.
    Correct but as of now there is no natural immunity to co19.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Correct but as of now there is no natural immunity to co19.
    Other than getting it and surviving

Other than getting it and surviving
    Ya but that's not really immunity after all there have been reports of people catching it more than one time that's why a vaccine is so important And also why you'll have to get it every 6 months to a year.

BANNED

Ya but that's not really immunity after all there have been reports of people catching it more than one time that's why a vaccine is so important And also why you'll have to get it every 6 months to a year.
    No that is what immunity actually is. Doesn't necessarily protect you from variants, but you can't get the same virus twice.

Past that, we don't really have much in the way of data as far as just how tough a variant will be for someone who has already had the "Main" Covid virus.

No that is what immunity actually is. Doesn't necessarily protect you from variants, but you can't get the same virus twice.
    No there have been reports by the CDC and WHO of people getting the same type of co19 twice it's way they were saying herd immediately at this point is not possible.

BANNED

No there have been reports by the CDC and WHO of people getting the same type of co19 twice it's way they were saying herd immediately at this point is not possible.
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...overy-covid-19

No one has ever been infected with any identical virus twice, not even the "common" cold. Every time you get it, you get a different version of the virus that your antibodies don't know how to fight.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...overy-covid-19

No one has ever been infected with any identical virus twice, not even the "common" cold. Every time you get it, you get a different version of the virus that your antibodies don't know how to fight.
    I'm not a doctor all I know is what I've read from reports from the CDC and WHO if you're right that's great news.
    Last edited by choptop; 04-07-2021 at 06:06 PM.

I'm not a doctor all I know is what I've read from reports from the CDC and WHO if you're right that's great news.
    And future vaccinations will only be necessary if the virus continues to mutate and with more virulent properties or easier susceptibility.

They will let us know if, and when, we need future vaccinations.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

WB rethinking about putting dune on max after kong.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...bo-max-release

Black widow delay may triple it's box office! (also rumors disney may rethink widow on disney plus as well.)

https://movieweb.com/black-widow-box...e-projections/

Hey I hope so but it seemed like things were going that way even before the pandemic.
    Before the pandemic theaters were seeing movies making over a billion dollars. That seemed like a not bad thing for theaters.

As for covid what I'm saying is your not going to wipe it out (besides smallpox I don't think any thing like that has ever truly been wipe out?) We are going to adapt to it theaters will adapt as well evaything us going to change one way or another I don't feel like posting Everything right now but you can look some of the changes people are talking about. Again I hope I'm worng and things go right back to normal only time will tell.
    Polio, measles, the mumps, the bubonic plague and more seem to be effectively wiped out. A number of illnesses exist that you rarely hear about because we've effectively brought them down to basically nothing. Sure, cancer and aids is still kicking around, but a lot of illnesses have been largely wiped out or close to it. A lot of doctors seem to be of the opinion that we can do the same with covid.

Astonishing Member

Just talking anecdotal evidence my local theater had a power outage 3/4 into a movie (I guess being closed for months and slowly reopening had to take a toll LOL) but everyone still stayed to see the end because clearly liked it. Just Godzilla vs Kong being out fills the parking lot halfways by middle afternoon, and because of capacity/social distancing restrictions selling out showings I saw people who had to buy for the next day.

Don't see theaters go anywhere either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Before the pandemic theaters were seeing movies making over a billion dollars. That seemed like a not bad thing for theaters.

Polio, measles, the mumps, the bubonic plague and more seem to be effectively wiped out. A number of illnesses exist that you rarely hear about because we've effectively brought them down to basically nothing. Sure, cancer and aids is still kicking around, but a lot of illnesses have been largely wiped out or close to it. A lot of doctors seem to be of the opinion that we can do the same with covid.
    I didn't say movie theaters were doing bad just that steaming was becoming more and more popular with More and more people waiting for movies to drop on Netflix Hulu etc if it happens it's not going to be over night .

As for the other thing the who says only 2 diseases have officially been eradicated smallpox and variola virus best we can hope for is to control co19.
    Last edited by choptop; 04-07-2021 at 07:50 PM.

Forbes says ghostbusters needs to move back to may to keep theatres going stronger.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...h=3eff051224b5