Page 61 of 156 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Let's see what happens in Texas, the idiot Governor has allowed 100% capacity in theaters with no masks. I wonder if the theaters will actually do this. And if so, will people pack themselves into a theater?
    Is that the one who totally left the state after the winter storms left everyone with no power and water?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Apparently Alamo Drafthouse has filed for bankruptcy.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is that the one who totally left the state after the winter storms left everyone with no power and water?
    No, that was Senator Cruz, he cheered the January 6th Insurrection.
    Abbot is the worthless Governor who is killing Texas with COVID.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Due to my preexisting condition (diabetes) my doctor's office called to let me know I could get the vaccine this Thursday, and I'm smart enough to do so. I'm still going to wait a while to let the vaccine fully help me develop antibodies or whatever it does before I go to theaters, and I'll wear a mask when I do so until this pandemic is all over, but it'll be great to catch a few movies again this year, finally!

Retired

I have a hard time believing reporters who report on Hollywood for a living, when it comes to reporting on Hollywood's success. Since they need Hollywood to be successful, for their own living, they are going to look at the glass as half full.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have a hard time believing reporters who report on Hollywood for a living, when it comes to reporting on Hollywood's success. Since they need Hollywood to be successful, for their own living, they are going to look at the glass as half full.
    Some make a living just reporting on Hollywood's dirty secrets. They want the glass to be empty.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Some make a living just reporting on Hollywood's dirty secrets. They want the glass to be empty.
    They want the glass to be dirty. That's what sells. But I don't think they're wishing for movie studios to crash and burn and California to become a hellscape dominated by Darkseid or to fall into the ocean and Luthor become ruler of Costa del Lex. They live there--the property values would go down and they would lose the resale value of their homes, if such nightmare scenarios actually played out.

For me, it is going to be a good long while before I find my way back to a movie theater. I'm just not convinced I can trust other moviegoers no matter how many protocols the theater themselves put in place.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Demon slayer coming in april 23 in what looks like a full release! Will get a imax and 4dx release also!

Question is how will it do here? It hit first place in japan, nz, au (that's a big surprise!), korea and others but will it do well here?

The manga first volume is sold out at our books a million (the first three are!) and getting our public library to pick it up it took them longer to find volume 1!

Wonder if the R rating may hurt the films release here?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 03-16-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Demon slayer coming in april 23 in what looks like a full release! Will get a imax and 4dx release also!

Question is how will it do here? It hit first place in japan, nz, au (that's a big surprise!), korea and others but will it do well here?
    I don't think anything big is scheduled for that weekend but Mortal Kombat (which I'm rooting for in general) is for the previous.

If the pandemic wasn't still flaring my hunch would have been box office higher than the latest My Hero Academia movie but not as high as the latest Dragon Ball Super.

I think only fans of the anime or manga will go see it. The question is how many of them are there?

Astonishing Member

I think only fans of the anime or manga will go see it. The question is how many of them are there?
    It took over Japan by storm but I don't really follow the scene to know if a micro-cosmos equivalent happened over here.

I'd watch a double feature with Mortal Kombat in a Subzero/Scorpion facemask if I could.

It hit first place in australia also! Do anime films hit first place there alot?

Also it and disneys soul single handly saved koreas movie chains!

So it's doing great overseas! It broke imax records and is now the highest anime film worldwide!

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/dem...ffice-opening/

But again how will it do here? The R rating may hurt it but as i said the manga first volume sold out in many bookstores so people are getting the manga. (it's on netflix also who did a big ad push for it promoting they have it also so guess netflix thinks it's big also!) America is a wild card. No telling if it will bomb or be a hit here. Deadline and hollywood reporter did do stories on it so they think it's worth talking about at least.

EW--

https://ew.com/movies/demon-slayer-m...thing-to-know/

Deadline--

https://deadline.com/2021/03/demon-s...er-1234715481/

Indiewire--

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/03/de...te-1234623934/

The wrap--

https://www.thewrap.com/japanese-box...release-video/

Even time did a story!

https://time.com/5941594/what-is-demon-slayer-about/

So it's getting talked about more then most anime films!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 03-16-2021 at 07:42 PM.