Page 102 of 156 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2338

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Everybody don’t cancel subscriptions, I’m pretty sure Disney+ has more permanent subscribers than they did before Soul, before Mulan, before Cruella and they will pickup more with Black Widow.
    After you failed on extrapolation, now you seem to think that correlation and causality are the same thing. Number of Disney+ subscribers has been growing steadily, at higher marginal rates than Netflix or Prime Video.
    Last edited by hyped78; 06-04-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Everybody don’t cancel subscriptions, I’m pretty sure Disney+ has more permanent subscribers than they did before Soul, before Mulan, before Cruella and they will pickup more with Black Widow.
    That is not even actual data though.

Never mind data that even sort of points to that streaming is any real threat to theaters.

Never mind theaters that are operating at pre-covid capacity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So...

Something like -

You can't see why folks have an issue with entertaining a number like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    “So for example, if Cruella attracts 100 subscribers and only 20 subscribers stay... They are building up subscribers”

And you are just making stuff up without any data (as per the $80MM figure before).
    After you failed on extrapolation, now you seem to think that correlation and causality are the same thing. Number of Disney+ subscribers has been growing steadily, at higher marginal rates than Netflix or Prime Video.
    Wrong again as usual.
    hyped78 you be forgot that you are the one who came up with the $80 million figure, not me. lol

BANNED

That is not even actual data though.

Never mind data that even sort of points to that streaming is any real threat to theaters.

Never mind theaters that are operating at pre-covid capacity.
    lol, where’s your data?, lol

Wrong again as usual.
    hyped78 you be forgot that you are the one who came up with the $80 million figure, not me. lol
    He(or, maybe She...) said "Let's Say..."

Then...

I’m comparing Cruella’s streaming vs theaters. I’m not comparing it to Aladdin nor Lion King.
    Cruella made approximately made $80 million streaming over the weekend, it’s not going to stop at $80 million, it still streaming and people are still purchasing it, just like the theaters.

If the studios really think streaming purchases wasn’t sustainable they wouldn’t be shortening the theatrical window. The studios want they movies out of theaters faster and quickly into streaming.
    Streaming is more convenient and there is no way theaters can surpass it.
    Another thing that being ignore is movies like Cruella and BW will provide more subscribers to D+, which will bring in even more money after the movie has run it’s course. So if people want to wait until August to see Cruella, they still has to subscribe to D+ and pay the low monthly subscriptions. There is no negatives to streaming, but they are negatives to theatrical releases.
    That's stating it as fact while adding nothing like actual data to suggest that it is anything like what it actually earned.

lol, where’s your data?, lol
    No one else needs to have any data if I am saying "I Believe..."

If what "I Believe..." is to be taken as anything other than what I think is happening no matter what the facts actually say? It's on me to actually come up with some data that even sort of suggests that what I say is actually the case.

Nothing like that sort of data turned up to accompany that "I Believe..."

Mighty Member

People you are trying to debate the truth with real numbers against someone who is using their truth, he will never change. It is futile.

Wrong again as usual.
    I didn’t come up with the $80MM figure - I merely used your logic to show that, even if it was $80MM, it’s not even close to break even.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    People you are trying to debate the truth with real numbers against someone who is using their truth, he will never change. It is futile.
    You’re absolutely right

BANNED

He(or, maybe She...) said "Let's Say..."

Then...

That's stating it as fact while adding nothing like actual data to suggest that it is anything like what it actually earned.
    Totally wrong, you didn’t go back far enough where he or she first mention $80 million figure. Go to post #1481, if it hasn’t been edited yet. My estimated is $40-$50 million, even I thought $80 million is too high.

BANNED

I didn’t come up with the $80MM figure - I merely used your logic to show that, even if it was $80MM, it’s not even close to break even.
    But you trying to put this number on me, when it was you who started, I don’t get it. You got caught, deal with it.

Totally wrong, you didn’t go back far enough where he or she first mention $80 million figure. Go to post #1481, if it hasn’t been edited yet. My estimated is $40-$50 million, even I thought $80 million is too high.
    You said “because the $20 million only accounts for less than 30% of viewers.” and so I said Let’s say that $20MM = 25% then $80MM = 100%, that’s the absolute max. It’s just maths to show how absurd your point is. I never said I actually think that it’s $80MM haha, I said “let’s say”, slow reading comprehension - “let’s say” == “even if it was”.
    Last edited by hyped78; 06-04-2021 at 04:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Nobody has real numbers, we all are debating guesses.

BANNED

You said “because the $20 million only accounts for less than 30% of viewers.” and so I said Let’s say that $20MM = 25% then $80MM = 100%, that’s the absolute max. It’s just maths to show how absurd your point is. I never said I actually think that it’s $80MM haha, I said “let’s say”, slow reading comprehension.
    I also said $40-$50 million, you put it up to $80 million

I also said $40-$50 million, you put it up to $80 million
    If you think it’s $40MM - $50MM then even worse, total flop, movie pays 1/4 of itself via streaming. How is that even remotely sustainable?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-04-2021 at 05:52 PM.