Page 133 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2338
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Without getting into all of the reasons, such as the fake news, the politicalization of the vaccine, etc, people just seem like they do not have a brain in their heads and do not want to do the right thing these days. They seem like they resent being told that they need to get vaccinated. In the past and even decades ago, if a virus broke out and there was a vaccination, people would see it as a positive thing and want it.

Hopefully, this resurgence will not be too bad, but only time will tell....
    A few decades ago some people were convinced that floride in the water supply was a government mind control conspiracy. Seems like that mental capacity has persisted (some people to this day believe it).

Nearly 100 years ago, people panicked because they were certain Martians had invaded on Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    A few decades ago some people were convinced that floride in the water supply was a government mind control conspiracy. Seems like that mental capacity has persisted (some people to this day believe it).

Nearly 100 years ago, people panicked because they were certain Martians had invaded on Halloween.
    Yes, yes they did but they also took their vaccinations!

And 100 years ago, the majority of the people did not attend college the way they do today, they lived without the television/news services that we have today, and lived without computers, cell phones and the ever-all popular internet!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Unfortunately, starting last week---LA has reinstated their mask mandate.

Even today, I got some news alerts where mask mandates are starting to happen again.

I think we may be in for a bumpy Fall at least-----and this will most likely affect Theatres if more and more cities/states restart their mask programs, which seems likely...
    Well I feel blessed that I live in a place where being a maskhole anti-vaxxer doesn't make you endearing and I'm already jabbed. Even then business is expected to go down for now but, even then, all my local theaters (and even some I didn't know about) are still open for business so we all look ready to go on.

The problem is that, in the past, conspiracy theories weren't spreading as easily as today - today it's very easy to spread conspiracies and fake news through social media, messaging apps etc.

BANNED

It’s not just social media, it’s news organizations like Faux News, I mean Fox News. They have made this pandemic and the vaccine political. Unfortunately, if cases and hospitalizations continue to raise it looks like Los Angeles and New York will be getting closer to some kind of shutdown. Some businesses in L.A. are doing self restrictions, customers will need proof of vaccination before being served. If any type of shutdown occurs, bars/theaters/restaurants/gyms will be impacted the most. These businesses can curtail another shutdown by banning the unvaccinated and requiring proof of vaccination before they can walk into the doors.

Also from that thread--

John talks about this here.

Last edited by Gaastra; 07-29-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Part 2.

Last edited by Gaastra; 07-29-2021 at 03:58 PM.

BANNED

The theatrical window continues to shrink, Disney has announced the window is now 33 days from 45 days. At this rate, by the end of the years it will be only 21 days.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/black-w...nd-1234801015/

Imax Boss Says “Cannibalization” Hurt ‘Black Widow’, Thinks Disney Will Return To Theatrical Window Releases
    “They used to sell the same property five times, and now they’re selling it once. They might be bringing some revenue forward, but there’s no proof points that it’s a better model.” He added that “a lot of same people, they will come to the same conclusion.”

Addressing the fallout from Black Widow, which reportedly made a combined theatrical global box office and PVOD opening of $218 million (but only $316.3M worldwide to date in pure box office), Gelfond said: “There’s really no question in my mind that the combination of PVOD and a lot of piracy –people haven’t really talked about it that much– clearly there’s a lot of piracy that accounted for the cannibalization, and it significantly affected the box office at the end of the day.”

“It’s hard to quantify it, but some statistics I find interesting is that F9, which is the more traditional distribution model, will gross about $700M worldwide at the end of its run, and Black Widow will gross half of that,” the Imax boss said. “Black Widow was a great movie, so when I think about it, there was no doubt a lot of money was left on the table.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

I just think these people who are saying this keep leaving out that F9 made 215 million in China. And they don't know what the streaming numbers were for BW. I don't think this is an honest argument. Its an argument that theaters want to make. But without them actually having streaming numbers past the first weekend it comes across as the theaters being mad.

(On the off chance that there might actually be anything to this...)

Ruh Roh...

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...widow-release/

Marvel Studios Boss Kevin Feige Reportedly Furious at Disney Over Black Widow Release
    "[Feige is] a company man, and not prone to corporate showdowns or shouting matches. But I’m told he’s angry and embarrassed," Belloni's newsletter reads in part. "He lobbied Disney against the day-and-date plan for Black Widow, preferring the big screen exclusivity and not wanting to upset his talent. And then when the sh-t hit the fan, the movie started tanking, and Johansson’s team threatened litigation, he wanted Disney to make this right with her. (Disney declined to comment on Feige.)"

BANNED

Have anyone thought BW is not doing well because it’s not that good movie and MCU fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Have anyone thought BW is not doing well because it’s not that good movie and MCU fatigue.
    F9 is a worse movie by any metric, be it critical or audience ratings, and still made more than 600 million.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    F9 is a worse movie by any metric, be it critical or audience ratings, and still made more than 600 million.

You keep saying this.F9 was released in China, it didnt have same day streaming in many markets like BW. Why do you care what F9 made at box office?