Page 130 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2338
  1. #1936
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I am talking about my situation, there is no way you can guarantee anything about my experience.
    And I never cared for 3D either.
    Come on, are you really saying your TV is better than the big screen at a theater? Wait, you must be Bill Gates and actually have your home theater!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  2. #1937
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    You’re right I actually agree, but everyone didn’t go the movies for date night.
    Of course it's not the only date night event, but it's unquestionably the most frequently attended. Now if theaters were to go the way of the dodo bird, something else would have to replace it. Bowling, paintball, shopping, bar hopping... whatever. Now that will cost money, which might take a sizable bite out of the movie industry via streaming (since the latter isn't an event). Something to think about, at any rate.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  3. #1938
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Come on, are you really saying your TV is better than the big screen at a theater? Wait, you must be Bill Gates and actually have your home theater!
    I think we have established by now he is either rich or has massively overspent on home theater equipment. In either event he has been making a very elitist argument for people to give up their theaters.

  4. #1939
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Come on, are you really saying your TV is better than the big screen at a theater? Wait, you must be Bill Gates and actually have your home theater!
    I said I can adjust the picture and sound to my liking, which I think is better than a theater. Sometimes theaters don’t give you the best picture or sounds. Even at some high end AMC, the picture isn’t always all that. I also like more bass sound especially when music is playing or an explosion. I can get that at home, the theaters don’t provide the kind of bass I like.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-20-2021 at 09:17 PM.

  5. #1940
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I think we have established by now he is either rich or has massively overspent on home theater equipment. In either event he has been making a very elitist argument for people to give up their theaters.
    You don’t have to rich the have great home entertainment system. I’m not rich by any stretch of the imagination.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-20-2021 at 07:34 PM.

  6. #1941
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I said I can adjust the picture and sound to my liking, which I think is better than a theater. Sometimes theaters don’t give you the best picture or sounds. Even at some high end AMC, the picture isn’t always all that. I also like more bass sound especially when music is playing or an explosion. I can get that at home, the theaters don’t provide the kind of bass I like.
    Well. I have a fine TV and sound system myself, yet it's still not close to theater level. I imagine that's the case for 99.99% of us, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  7. #1942
    Fantastic Member hyped78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    304

    Default

    I have a 75'' LG 4K TV and a 5.1 surround sound system with subwoofer (I also have a separate soundbar). In no way is my setup equivalent to that of a theater and in no way does one experience substitute the other.

  8. #1943
    Incredible Member chicago_bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    659

    Default

    The biggest issue isn't even the individual home theater setup, it's the quality of the stream. No streaming service shows movies in perfect quality so it doesn't matter if you have the best home theater system in the world, you just won't get the best quality by streaming a movie. First of all, no streaming service is providing true Dolby Atmos sound, they have only fake Dolby Atmos with a DD+ kernel instead of a TrueHD kernel and that is a clear difference in quality. Furthermore the streaming services adjust the picture quality because they have limited bitrates so the picture also isn't perfect.

    So everyone who is saying he gets the same or even better quality by streaming a movie at home is lying to himself.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

  9. #1944
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    I have a 75'' LG 4K TV and a 5.1 surround sound system with subwoofer (I also have a separate soundbar). In no way is my setup equivalent to that of a theater and in no way does one experience substitute the other.
    Right. That's not even talking about an IMAX theater, either. Everything just seems more epic at the "cinema" compared to everything else.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  10. #1945
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    The biggest issue isn't even the individual home theater setup, it's the quality of the stream. No streaming service shows movies in perfect quality so it doesn't matter if you have the best home theater system in the world, you just won't get the best quality by streaming a movie. First of all, no streaming service is providing true Dolby Atmos sound, they have only fake Dolby Atmos with a DD+ kernel instead of a TrueHD kernel and that is a clear difference in quality. Furthermore the streaming services adjust the picture quality because they have limited bitrates so the picture also isn't perfect.

    So everyone who is saying he gets the same or even better quality by streaming a movie at home is lying to himself.
    Yeah, it's not as good as a DVD or Blu-ray disc, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  11. #1946
    Fantastic Member hyped78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right. That's not even talking about an IMAX theater, either. Everything just seems more epic at the "cinema" compared to everything else.
    Plus neighbors. I live in a building so obviously I can't just turn the sound as loud as I would like, especially during nighttime

  12. #1947
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Plus neighbors. I live in a building so obviously I can't just turn the sound as loud as I would like, especially during nighttime
    Yeah, I can remember that problem from years ago. Not everybody has the luxury to raise the volume up to where they want it.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  13. #1948
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,309

    Default

    I’m only speaking from my personal experience, someone else’s experience is irrelevant.

    Theaters having better picture and sound than home entertainment is so 20th Century.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-21-2021 at 10:06 PM.

  14. #1949
    Fantastic Member hyped78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’m only speaking from my personal experience, someone else’s experience is irrelevant.
    There are more movie customers in the world besides you, you know?

  15. #1950
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’m only speaking from my personal experience, someone else’s experience is irrelevant.

    Theaters having better picture and sound than home entertainment is so 20th Century.
    It's one thing to say you prefer watching movies ay home than at a theater. That is indeed your opinion and nobody here has given you grief over that. However, when you state that your home system is better than one at a theater, that goes beyond personal opinion. It's factually incorrect to state that and, frankly, doesn't pass the laugh test. You may keep saying it, of course, but that won't change the fact that you will still be wrong.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •