Page 110 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2338

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    It has evolved beyond pie
    No, it has not.

That there is a whole segment of the potential customer base who cannot see that is the only thing like an actual issue when it comes to this.

BANNED

Pros/Cons of theaters and streaming.

Theaters
    Pros: the experience
    Cons: the experience

Streaming
    Cons: none

Theaters

Streaming
    Streaming

Cons: Lack of the experience (small screens)
    Power with Girl is better.

Theaters

Streaming
    Again...

If the person selling the pie and the ice cream intends on making a profit off of the pie first and foremost?

Every single thing in that post is almost a complete non-issue.

Enough folks have right around "Zero..." problem with one persons estimation of the "Cons..." when it comes to theaters that they can go right on focusing on selling pie, and they will be just fine.

For a good while?

How much ice cream gets sold is entirely up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Streaming

Cons: Lack of the experience (small screens)
    Never mind...

- Not Everyone Can Afford The Sort Of Internet Connection Needed For Streaming...

- Even If They Can? Not Everyone Has Decent Access To Such A Connection...

- Not Everyone Wants To Pay For A Service Repeatedly And Have To Pay A Premium For A Film In Addition To That...

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    But that was due to the pandemic. Now that things are getting back to normal, that will affect the streaming services.
    The county I live in just removed the Mask requirement (note half the people were already ignoring it except where they absolutely could not like on buses and, even then, depending on the driver). Even Target has removed the mask requirement for employees and most people are vaccinated now except for conspiracy whack jobs.

So, we will find out very soon if theaters will undergo a resurgence and we won't have to speculate based on how people want to see it.

Although I suspect that, with the mentality people have now, every theater in the country could have every seat sold every night for a year and there would still be people finding ways to explain how they were all clearly failing.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind...

- Not Everyone Can Afford The Sort Of Internet Connection Needed For Streaming...

- Not Everyone Wants To Pay For A Service Repeatedly And Have To Pay A Premium For A Film In Addition To That...
    That too. A lot of people just want to see a movie, not buy a package. Or, it's just not a family outing and social experience to just watch it on a computer.

Let's say they can swing one streaming service...

By the time they have to pop for HBOMax and Disney+ with a thirty dollar price per film to see the films they want at home?

It starts getting less competitive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind...

The studios knows better than that. I sure they already hired a high price financial staff to tell them about the financial feasibility of streaming in the short term and the long term. There is clear evidences that the studios want streaming to dominate the movie business.

The studios knows better than that. I sure they already hired a high price financial staff to tell them about the financial feasibility of streaming in the short term and the long term. There is clear evidences that the studios want streaming to dominate the movie business.
    Which means right around "Nothing..." unless it matters enough for them to...

- Give Potential Customers A Subsidy To Afford A "Streaming..."-Friendly Internet Connection Over The Course Of Years...

- Give A Subsidy To The Companies Who Have Yet To Decide That Everyone Have Such An Internet Connection Makes Any Economic Sense...

- Give A Subsidy To Subscribe To Their Services For Years...

Because them going that far in the hole is the only way streaming will dominate the movie business any time in the near future.

BANNED

Theatrical movies has become third tier entertainment, they have taken a backseat to theater quality R and PG equivalent cable and streaming series. Most people don’t even care about 98% of theatrical releases. The theatrical model is a terrible model that the government forced the studios in to taking. But now the laws are changing, maybe the studios can buy back the theaters

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Theatrical movies has become third tier entertainment, they have taken a backseat to theater quality R and PG equivalent cable and streaming series. Most people don’t even care about 98% of theatrical releases. The theatrical model is a terrible model that the government forced the studios in to taking. But now the laws are changing, maybe the studios can buy back the theaters
    When actors from streaming services and television get paid the same or more per hour's worth of film as a theatrical actor does, then we can talk about theaters becoming third tier. Until then, they are still numero uno and it's not even close.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The government forced?

Ultimate Member

No studio was forced to do that. Because for a time that was the only place they had to show a movie.

Where is all this false information coming from?

No studio wants to settle for streaming. Because sooner or later BUDGETS are going to get changed. Nobody is going to greenlight $100 million and up films.

Because if everyone has streaming-where is the money going to come from?

I am not paying $30 for Black Panther 2 or Static or Wonder Woman 1999.

I can wait till Direct Tv gets them for $6 or pay $20 for the Blu Ray at Target.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    No studio was forced to do that. Because for a time that was the only place they had to show a movie.

Where is all this false information coming from?

No studio wants to settle for streaming. Because sooner or later BUDGETS are going to get changed. Nobody is going to greenlight $100 million and up films.

Because if everyone has streaming-where is the money going to come from?

I am not paying $30 for Black Panther 2 or Static or Wonder Woman 1999.

I can wait till Direct Tv gets them for $6 or pay $20 for the Blu Ray at Target.
    I agree with everything you posted her, sky. I would wait for the Blu-Ray disc, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?