Page 73 of 156 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2338

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    What's impressive is there are still countries (like most of Europe) that are completely locked down and not showing it, and Japan doesn't debut until May and we know they have reasons to show up.
    Precisely. For a big movie to reach profit without those markets is impressive, and a hopeful sign for the future.

I forgot Croods was even a thing, my bad.
    Half a year later and croods 2 is still playing in theatres long after it came out on dvd and digital and has been in the top 10 box office for almost as long! Man what it would have made if it came out in 2019!

Holds well for hotel transylvania 4, boss baby 2 and other animated films of the same kind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So I guess Mortal Kombat takes place during COVID.
    Expect to see Sub-Zero and Scorpion facemasks when it debuts.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/movie-t...19-1234732297/

One of the analysts, Eric Handler at MKM Partners, released findings from a survey his firm did of 1,000 moviegoers across the U.S. People who said they went to at least one movie a year before Covid-19, were polled between March 31 to April 4. Asked if they plan to return to a movie theater in the near future, 57% of respondents said yes and only 14% said no, with 29% not sure.

The timing of when exactly they will go back depends on variables like the vaccine rollout. About 46% indicated a return in the next three months, but over six months the number rose to 72%. That pattern, Handler wrote, “sets the industry up well as it looks ahead to 2022.”
    While Pachter sees total 2022 grosses coming up 10% short of 2019 levels, Eric Wold at B. Riley is more optimistic, pegging the drop at 8%. Wold also expects box office to rise 6% in 2023 compared with 2019 as the industry fully regains its footing after the pandemic.

In his report, Wold called the overall theatrical film slate from this year through 2023 “nothing short of amazing” given how many top titles have been delayed. He also highlights California’s plan to allow theaters to reopen at 100% capacity on June 15, just ahead of the release of Universal’s F9 on June 25 and Disney’s Black Widow on July 9. About 10% of AMC’s screens and 18% of Cinemark’s are located in the state.

Retired

In one day, I can go from being full of optimism that we're through the worst of it and soon life will return to normal to being bereft of any hope and wondering if this is the beginning of the end and human civilization is doomed so I might as well buy cyanide pills because better to die by my own hand than to be horribly murdered by the maddening hoards in an apocalyptic hellscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    In one day, I can go from being full of optimism that we're through the worst of it and soon life will return to normal to being bereft of any hope and wondering if this is the beginning of the end and human civilization is doomed so I might as well buy cyanide pills because better to die by my own hand than to be horribly murdered by the maddening hoards in an apocalyptic hellscape.
    No one said we are through the worst of it, and this thinking (and acting on that) can cause set-backs. We may be near "turring the corner" to recovery, meaning the worst is over and we still have to be careful, but we are not there yet. Buck up, we will get there. Everyday we are making steps forward.

Major flu epidemics and pandemics can take 1.5-2 years for things to fully recover. We are still below that timeframe.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 04-14-2021 at 09:27 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

The US should hit immunity by the Fall. Some States sooner, some later.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

I guess I'm the only person here who has doubts and sleepless nights worrying over the fate of the world. It's nice to see so many well-adjusted people. I'll be over here with Charlie Brown and the other guys with anxiety disorders.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

If all or most the current vaccine-hesitant people end up not getting the shot, we will never hit herd immunity. That means when the vaccine efficacy wears off... anywhere from 6 months to 2 years later... there will still be infected people to catch the disease from.

Hopefully immunity will last at least a year so we can get an annual booster, like the flu. A lot of the holdouts will get sick and die, but that's their choice.

I guess I'm the only person here who has doubts and sleepless nights worrying over the fate of the world. It's nice to see so many well-adjusted people. I'll be over here with Charlie Brown and the other guys with anxiety disorders.
    Haha, all of my anxiety revolves around going back to normal. I've kind of enjoyed less traffic on the freeways and less physical contact with people.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

You expect all the people who have spent more than a year revealing just how stupid they are to suddenly get a dose of intelligence?

You have far more faith in the dregs of humanity than I do.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Mighty Member

Look up the Spanish flu it killed many more people and with a much smaller population. That didn’t end the world nor did the bubonic plague which was even worse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    You expect all the people who have spent more than a year revealing just how stupid they are to suddenly get a dose of intelligence?

You have far more faith in the dregs of humanity than I do.
    Probably won’t really matter, most people will get the shot and those who don’t will end up with hard mode immunity, lol. So will still slow the spread a lot.

BANNED

new Monmouth University poll:

proportion who say they'll never get covid vaccine if they can avoid it

5% of Democrats
    22% of independents
    43% of Republicans

BANNED

I think we are living through the beginning of the end of the United States of America as a democracy, but not because of this disease. Because of a mass mental illness where so many people still vote for Trump or people like him