Page 140 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2338
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    No, it doesn't mean that. It means streaming is a big enough slice to matter, which nobody here would disagree with.
    But streaming is still in its infancy and it already a big slice to matter. Streaming is only going to grow more and more.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-02-2021 at 02:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    But streaming is still in its infancy and it already a big slice to matter. Streaming is only going to grow more and more.
    Streaming is pushing 25 years old. It's at least a teenager if not a young adult. Let's remember that streaming is set to implode, as people aren't going to pay for a dozen streaming services. It will all coagulate and settle into another cable big business monopoly mess.
    Last edited by green_garnish; 08-02-2021 at 02:47 PM.

If ScarJo lawsuit is correct, it means streaming has taken a big leap over theaters.
    What are you even talking about? Streaming is minimizing the overall income of a movie. The approximately 100 million Black Widow made via Disney+ doesn't even remotely cover what it lost at the box office due to the absence of repeated views, account sharing and illegal copies. The day and date strategy is a complete failure.

No wonder Bob Iger is mad at the incompetent Chapek, as I said weeks ago if Iger were still in charge Disney would not have made such a stupid move. https://www.thewrap.com/inside-disne...carjo-blunder/
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    What are you even talking about? Streaming is minimizing the overall income of a movie. The approximately 100 million Black Widow made via Disney+ doesn't even remotely cover what it lost at the box office due to the absence of repeated views, account sharing and illegal copies. The day and date strategy is a complete failure.

No wonder Bob Iger is mad at the incompetent Chapek, as I said weeks ago if Iger were still in charge Disney would not have made such a stupid move. https://www.thewrap.com/inside-disne...carjo-blunder/
    thats assuming the film would have made that up at the box office, when thats not simply something that anyone can say for certain. Without D+, there are millions of people that still would not have been willing to go out and see it in the theaters and Disney wouldnt have made anything off of them anyway

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats assuming the film would have made that up at the box office, when thats not simply something that anyone can say for certain. Without D+, there are millions of people that still would not have been willing to go out and see it in the theaters and Disney wouldnt have made anything off of them anyway

I am one of them (raises hand) And me and my wife are going to watch Jungle cruise tonight. No way I would go to the theater right now to watch it. I will say so much of this is conjecture. But if Disney felt they could make more money with a theater only release in this environment I would think they would do it. I mean Chicago bastard isn't wrong I would wait for the movie later. To me Disney feels like they can make more money doing what they are doing. Otherwise they wouldn't do it.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 08-02-2021 at 03:43 PM.

thats assuming the film would have made that up at the box office, when thats not simply something that anyone can say for certain. Without D+, there are millions of people that still would not have been willing to go out and see it in the theaters
    Too bad these millions of people had no issues to go see F9 in theatres. I'm tired of repeating myself, look up the box office of F9, A Quiet Place 2, and Godzilla vs Kong, compare them to what their direct predecessors made in non-pandemic times and you'll see that enough people go to theatres if it's the only way to see the movie.

and Disney wouldnt have made anything off of them anyway
    These people would have likely purchased the movie after the theatrical window ended like they do it now with F9 that was just released digitally after it made tons of money in theatres and will now make money from the supposed millions who don't leave their homes, although I don't believe their number to be that high as you obviously do.

This whole "Disney is giving consumers a choice" narrative has to go as it is just plain wrong. Consumers always had the choice with every prior MCU movie, they just had to wait a couple weeks then they could watch it at home. And that's the only way a 200 million dollar movie has a chance to make its money back. Giving consumers the choice from day one only leads to the studio losing money.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 08-02-2021 at 03:24 PM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Streaming is pushing 25 years old. It's at least a teenager if not a young adult. Let's remember that streaming is set to implode, as people aren't going to pay for a dozen streaming services. It will all coagulate and settle into another cable big business monopoly mess.
    Disney+, HBO MAX, Paramount+, Peacock and Apple TV+ Discovery+ all under 2 years of age.

BANNED

Disney+, HBO MAX, Paramount+, Peacock and Apple TV+ Discovery+ all under 2 years of age.
    Netflix is 24+ years old. Streaming is not a new thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post

Iger is from the old school, he is what is called a dinosaur. Chapek is leading the company into the future and he ain’t looking back

BANNED

Nope, Netflix streaming is only 14 years old.

BANNED

Nope, Netflix streaming is only 14 years old.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Netflix

BANNED

Netflix streaming started in 2007. The first 10 years they were a dvd rental company.

Astonishing Member

I said this above but it needs to be repeated. Disney hasn't been around for 90 years because they are dumb. Granted they had some bad times in the 70s and 80s. I am not anti them just releasing their movies in the theaters for 45 days or whatever. It wouldn't bother me in the least. But they don't see that as a way to make the most money for them at this time. If they did, they would do it. I get the sense that some people are mad( not just the theater owners)that they didn't just release these movies into the theater only. I mean thats just not going to happen right now. Maybe later? I don't know. I won't have a problem if it goes back to the way it was when there is no longer a pandemic killing millions going on.

BANNED

Netflix streaming started in 2007. The first 10 years they were a dvd rental company.
    Fair enough. 14 years in technology is hardly infancy though

BANNED

Fair enough. 14 years in technology is hardly infancy though
    One company Netflix was never a threat to theaters. But less than two years ago studios have started streaming services of their own. This was a game charger on the streaming landscape. These new studios services are a direct threat to theaters, ask Scarlett Johansson.