Page 132 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2338
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    This is exactly what I’m talking about, you adding nothing to the discussion. This thread is not about me.

P.S. Another weak weekend box office total.
    So it should just be ignored when you try and pass off something that is subjective at best(and an outright lie at worst) as an objective fact? What kind of conversation is that? I mean, I guess it would make you feel better if everyone treated your posts like that and then took them seriously...but I don't think you can have an actual exchange of ideas like that.

And yeah, it is another weak weekend...because covid is still going strong. Were you expecting it to be different?

BANNED

Unfortunately, theaters seems to be only for blockbusters, but blockbusters has shown some box office weakness after the first weekend.

Unfortunately, theaters seems to be only for blockbusters, but blockbusters has shown some box office weakness after the first weekend.
    Everything is weak now...where are you living man? Until covid gets under control attendance at theaters, ball parks, concerts, museums and literally everything else is going to be a shell of what it was pre-pandemic.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

All this is what is called nitpicking. How come you guys don’t say what you believe about the future of theaters, instead of attacking my beliefs? That’s doesn’t add to the discussion.
    People are not criticizing your beliefs, but your inaccurate statements. You might not like that, but it unquestionably adds to the discussion. Now the best way to stop the criticisms is to make accurate posts from now on.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

This is exactly what I’m talking about, you adding nothing to the discussion. This thread is not about me.

P.S. Another weak weekend box office total.
    On the one hand?

Sure.

On the other hand?

I said I can adjust the picture and sound to my liking, which I think is better than a theater. Sometimes theaters don’t give you the best picture or sounds. Even at some high end AMC, the picture isn’t always all that. I also like more bass sound especially when music is playing or an explosion. I can get that at home, the theaters don’t provide the kind of bass I like.
    I’m only speaking from my personal experience, someone else’s experience is irrelevant.

Theaters having better picture and sound than home entertainment is so 20th Century.
    If you yourself are saying that how something like that fits into the bigger picture is not relevant?

Do you not see the totally obvious issue there?

It would be like me saying that I really like how clean they keep the restrooms at a particular, single theater.

It literally has almost no impact on if other folks will or if they will not attend screenings at theaters.

numberthirty just hit the nail on the head

BANNED

I’m standing by my belief that by 2026 streaming will be the dominant way we watch most movies. Only blockbusters will remain in the theaters. There is no financial reason for studios to put non blockbusters into theaters. Even blockbusters are struggling at the box office. We are seeing box office drops almost a whopping 70% in the second weekend. Short theatrical windows ain’t allowing theaters to make money off a movie. Theaters make a higher percentage on tickets sells four week after the release, but with the short window they will lose a lot of this revenue. Everyone wants to talk about first weekend numbers, but ignore the all important later weeks numbers.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-28-2021 at 02:23 PM. Reason: If it's not about you, stop making statements that draw attention to you/say the opposite

Again this thread is not about me.
    Streaming is taking over and I think you guys know it, but you would rather attack for saying that than to address the issue.
    I’m standing by my belief that by 2026 streaming will be the dominant way we watch most movies. Only blockbusters will remain in the theaters. There is no financial reason for studios to put non blockbusters into theaters. Even blockbusters are struggling at the box office. We are seeing box office drops almost a whopping 70% in the second weekend. Short theatrical windows ain’t allowing theaters to make money off a movie. Theaters make a higher percentage on tickets sells four week after the release, but with the short window they will lose a lot of this revenue. Everyone wants to talk about first weekend numbers, but ignore the all important later weeks numbers.
    We have addressed the issue, and all your supporting evidence has been objectively proven false. It's as simple as that.

Unfortunately, starting last week---LA has reinstated their mask mandate.

Even today, I got some news alerts where mask mandates are starting to happen again.

I think we may be in for a bumpy Fall at least-----and this will most likely affect Theatres if more and more cities/states restart their mask programs, which seems likely...
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Unfortunately, starting last week---LA has reinstated their mask mandate.

Even today, I got some news alerts where mask mandates are starting to happen again.

I think we may be in for a bumpy Fall at least-----and this will most likely affect Theatres if more and more cities/states restart their mask programs, which seems likely...
    It's unfortunate that so many people continue to be played by fake news and refuse to be vaccinated, but in the face of that stupidity mask mandates are probably a good idea to get back to. It sucks for businesses like theaters and restaurants but it's the only thing that works.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's unfortunate that so many people continue to be played by fake news and refuse to be vaccinated, but in the face of that stupidity mask mandates are probably a good idea to get back to. It sucks for businesses like theaters and restaurants but it's the only thing that works.
    Without getting into all of the reasons, such as the fake news, the politicalization of the vaccine, etc, people just seem like they do not have a brain in their heads and do not want to do the right thing these days. They seem like they resent being told that they need to get vaccinated. In the past and even decades ago, if a virus broke out and there was a vaccination, people would see it as a positive thing and want it.

Hopefully, this resurgence will not be too bad, but only time will tell....

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

I have no idea who the people are who haven't been vaccinated yet, but it's a moot point for me. Since the vaccine is available to everyone for free, why should the majority of us who are vaccinated have to suffer for it? We're not talking about a year ago when there wasn't a vaccine and it made excellent sense to wear a mask and practice social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I have no idea who the people are who haven't been vaccinated yet, but it's a moot point to me. Since the vaccine is available to everyone for free, why should the majority of us who are vaccinated have to suffer for it? We're not talking about a year ago when there wasn't a vaccine and it made excellent sense to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
    I don't want to wear a mask again either, they are terrible to work in especially in the summer...but I've been reading that because so many people are refusing to do their part that these new strains can even have an effect or be spread by people who have been vaccinated...and even if I think they're really dumb I don't want to actively kill the anti-vax morons so if going back to masks is the only way to help those idiots I think it's probably for the best.

I don't want to wear a mask again either, they are terrible to work in especially in the summer...but I've been reading that because so many people are refusing to do their part that these new strains can even have an effect or be spread by people who have been vaccinated...and even if I think they're really dumb I don't want to actively kill the anti-vax morons so if going back to masks is the only way to help those idiots I think it's probably for the best.
    I don't want to kill anyone, either, but there has to be a better way than this.

Yeah--do not do it. Just sick Wolverine on them. "Hey bub, get the poke or I will give ya the claw!"