Page 143 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2338
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    You could have spared you the time to write this post if you read my subsequent posting where I corrected the statement you responded to.

Same applies to you. As we can't know how many people watched it at home without paying I specified my statement. And that is how I meant it in the first place as it is irrelevant how many people saw it without paying for it, only the ones who pay are relevant for Disney, and in that regard cinemagoers by far outspend the streaming viewers.

BW had a zero-day theatrical window as it was released for streaming on the day of its start. The second digital release is irrelevant as the movie never had an exclusive theatrical window to begin with.

What I believe doesn't matter, so far all Disney movies of the current year have either a zero-day window or a 45-day window so your claim that they changed it to a 33-day window isn't correct.
    Other Disney Plus Premium Access movies had a 45 day window. In this case the window is before other streaming services picks it up. In other words, BW will be available on Amazon Prime and PVOD in 33 days, not the originally planned 45 days
    Last edited by luprki; 08-03-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I honestly don't understand your argument. Are you arguing Disney should not have offered same day streaming so they could get more people to go to the theater? Why is this important to you?
    The argument was whether the day and date release benefits the studio or not. I don't see why this needs to be of personal importance to me to answer that question.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I honestly don't understand your argument. Are you arguing Disney should not have offered same day streaming so they could get more people to go to the theater? Why is this important to you?
    ...it doesn't look like that at all. I'm not even sure how you get that from the post.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Other Disney Plus Premium Access movies had a 45 day window. In this case the window is before other streaming services picks it up. In other words, BW will be available on Amazon Prime and PVOD in 33 days, not the originally planned 45 days
    I don't care about the window for movies that were released on Disney+ already. In your post you wrote about the theatrical window being shortened to 33 days and that is not the case.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

If the companies you like are making less profit due to the present setup, that means budgets will be reduced, movies projects will be canned, and/or the company itself could go out of business. Now that might not be important to you, but I have no problem saying it is for me.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    If the companies you like are making less profit due to the present setup, that means budgets will be reduced, movies projects will be canned, and/or the company itself could go out of business. Now that might not be important to you, but I have no problem saying it is for me.

But that is implying the company is doing this against its best interest in this environment.

Astonishing Member

The argument was whether the day and date release benefits the studio or not. I don't see why this needs to be of personal importance to me to answer that question.

And you are saying it doesnt benefit Disney? Do you have access to their financials?

BANNED

I don't care about the window for movies that were released on Disney+ already. In your post you wrote about the theatrical window being shortened to 33 days and that is not the case.
    Well here it is in black and white:
    https://deadline.com/2021/07/scarlet...it-1234802440/

“Disney announced further crushing of windows this week, with Black Widow getting a 33-day theatrical window (with Disney+ Premier) before the pic’s August 10 arrival digital platforms, followed by a DVD and Blu-Ray release on September 14 and the Johansson title being completely available for free to Disney+ subscribers on October 6.”

But that is implying the company is doing this against its best interest in this environment.
    I'm not saying they are doing it purposely, but any company can make a mistake now and then. Some that were around even longer than Disney and also more successful to boot screwed up so bad that they went out of business.

Well here it is in black and white:
    https://deadline.com/2021/07/scarlet...it-1234802440/

“Disney announced further crushing of windows this week, with Black Widow getting a 33-day theatrical window (with Disney+ Premier) before the pic’s August 10 arrival digital platforms, followed by a DVD and Blu-Ray release on September 14 and the Johansson title being completely available for free to Disney+ subscribers on October 6.”
    It had a day and date streaming release so it didn't have an exclusive theatrical window. The digital release won't impact the theatrical run much as the damage was already done by the day and date Disney+ release. Doesn't matter if it's after 33, 45 or 22 days when the movie is already on Disney+ from day one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm not saying they are doing it purposely, but any company can make a mistake now and then. Some that were around even longer than Disney and also more successful to boot screwed up so bad that they went out of business.
    I will grant you they could have made a mistake. But if they did they will rectify it. Sort of like they never made another John Carter movie

BANNED

It had a day and date streaming release so it didn't have an exclusive theatrical window. The digital release won't impact the theatrical run much as the damage was already done by the day and date Disney+ release. Doesn't matter if it's after 33, 45 or 22 days when the movie is already on Disney+ from day one.
    It does matter, because everyone don’t have Disney Plus. Putting it on others digital platforms exposes the movie to more people. Plus that’s 12 less days the theaters won’t make money on the movie.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-03-2021 at 01:13 PM.

It does matter, because everyone don’t have Disney Plus. Putting on others digital platforms exposes the movie to more people.
    F9 was released on digital prior to last weekend and its box office performance wasn't affected by that. Blockbusters make the by far biggest amount of their gross in the first four weeks, so a digital release after that point has no big impact. It doesn't matter if BW makes 8 or 10 million more gross from now on, that's just peanuts.

I will grant you they could have made a mistake. But if they did they will rectify it. Sort of like they never made another John Carter movie
    Hopefully, that's the case and they haven't made a mistake that makes JC look small.

BANNED

F9 was released on digital prior to last weekend and its box office performance wasn't affected by that. Blockbusters make the by far biggest amount of their gross in the first four weeks, so a digital release after that point has no big impact. It doesn't matter if BW makes 8 or 10 million more gross from now on, that's just peanuts.
    You don’t see how this is hurting the theaters? Theaters don’t make a lot of money from ticket sales in the first four weeks, 60% to 80% goes to the studios. But what interesting is it’s a 33 day theatrical window, probably means Disney will pull the movie out of theaters in 33 days, I don’t know.
    Plus you have no way of knowing the impact on F9 digital release.
    Last edited by luprki; 08-03-2021 at 02:17 PM.