Page 114 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2338

Our amc is open all day as is the ones in the next big city. Went to see demon slayer before 4pm here! Of course the $6 matinee is 4 to 5:30pm so many go at that time or discount tuesdays.

BANNED

It’s interesting that Disney is marketing Luca as if it was in theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I’ve forgot one
    11. Can’t stop the movie for restroom and concession break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Prove it, please.
    I'll take your silence to mean "That's just my personal experience, I apologize for presenting that point as if it was a provable fact."
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

I'll take your silence to mean "That's just my personal experience, I apologize for presenting that point as if it was a provable fact."
    It’s not my direct experience, but I know a couple of people who’s medication cause them to have frequent restroom trips. Fortunately, because of the same day release and the shorter theatrical window they have a choice to see a movie early on.

It’s not my direct experience, but I know a couple of people who’s medication cause them to have frequent restroom trips. Fortunately, because of the same day release and the shorter theatrical window they have a choice to see a movie early on.
    The point being that doesn't legitimize #11 on your list of things contributing to the untimely demise of the theatrical model. That's just you knowing a couple of people that need to piss more often than most.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-18-2021 at 01:12 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

The point being, that doesn't legitimize #11 on your list of things contributing to the untimely demise of the theatrical model. That's just you knowing a couple of people that need to piss more often than the most.
    True, for vast majority of people it’s not an issue. That why it’s last on my list. I was trying to make the point that people with problems now have a better choice to see a movie early. However this could lead to less people buying tickets because they now this choice, especially for older generations. But I can see where you coming from.
    Plus, my list is not about the demise of theaters, it’s only about why I think attendance has been coming down in the last 20 years.

P.S. I would like your opinion on the rest of my list.
    Last edited by luprki; 06-18-2021 at 11:43 AM.

I'm not sure when I might go back to the theater but the first movie that will make me consider it is definitely going to be F9 or whatever the hell they are calling it now.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

True, for vast majority of people it’s not an issue. That why it’s last on my list. I was trying to make the point that people with problems now have a better choice to see a movie early. However this could lead to less people buying tickets because they now this choice, especially for older generations. But I can see where you coming from.
    Plus, my list is not about the demise of theaters, it’s only about why I think attendance has been coming down in the last 20 years.

P.S. I would like your opinion on the rest of my list.
    "Real World..." instance of this simply not being the case.

Cinemark Tinseltown?

It is right across the street(Illinois Route 31...) from Eden Supportive Living.

https://www.edenslf.com/communities/fox-valley

I can tell you for a straight up fact that, under normal circumstances, the issue you raise does not seem to keep them away from the theater even one little bit.

BANNED

Great NPR article about movie theaters:

Movie Theaters Face Challenges After A Year Of Massive Losses

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/18/10080...massive-losses
    Last edited by luprki; 06-18-2021 at 05:51 PM.

BANNED

Los Angeles Times article on movie theaters
    Theaters are doing incentives to get people back.

Free popcorn. Cheap booze. Private ‘Black Widow’ screenings. How movie theaters are luring fans back

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ring-fans-back

1. Movies ain’t as good as they used to be.
    That is clearly a biased and subjective opinion and not fact.

2. Mid budget movies are rare these days, we mostly get expensive blockbusters or small budget movies.
    Which doesn't matter at all considering we have more blockbusters than ever before making more money than ever before (not counting pandemics). And several small to mid-budget movies do well - Joker, John Wick, Nobody.

3. High quality cable and streaming series, which has become our first tier entertainment choice.
    This is also a non-factor - streaming has replaced old school television, not films. People watch Netflix instead of cable.

4. Ticket and concession prices are sky high.
    Sure, if you live in the real world where matinees are just an impossibility...or not.

5. Obviously, Covid-19
    Which we have vaccines for now.

6. Unfortunately violence, this one I really really hate. People should feel safe and comfortable going to the movies without some idiot causing trouble.
    I don't have an argument for this actually valid concern - but considering how well films were still doing, it's not a major concern keeping most people away.

7. The theater experience is not great for everyone and some people despise it.
    But is this really a significant portion of the audience? What are the numbers here?

8. The growth in home entertainment equipment and technology.
    Which still can't replicate the experience of going out, which people are still fond of doing. Also, no replicating a screen bigger than my house.

9. Shorter theatrical window
    During the winding down days of a pandemic, that they're catching some flack for, and is likely to widen up again some.

10. Even competition from video games
    See my argument for television - sometimes people want to go out instead of stay home, sometimes people want a film instead of a show or game.

Astonishing Member

Cruella is performing super steady. Very little box office drop from last weekend which is not normal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That is clearly a biased and subjective opinion and not fact.

Which doesn't matter at all considering we have more blockbusters than ever before making more money than ever before (not counting pandemics). And several small to mid-budget movies do well - Joker, John Wick, Nobody.

This is also a non-factor - streaming has replaced old school television, not films. People watch Netflix instead of cable.

Sure, if you live in the real world where matinees are just an impossibility...or not.

Which we have vaccines for now.

I don't have an argument for this actually valid concern - but considering how well films were still doing, it's not a major concern keeping most people away.

But is this really a significant portion of the audience? What are the numbers here?

Which still can't replicate the experience of going out, which people are still fond of doing. Also, no replicating a screen bigger than my house.

During the winding down days of a pandemic, that they're catching some flack for, and is likely to widen up again some.

See my argument for television - sometimes people want to go out instead of stay home, sometimes people want a film instead of a show or game.
    So instead of disputing my list, you tell me why movie theater attendance has been dropping for the last 20 years?
    Last edited by luprki; 06-21-2021 at 10:54 AM.

So instead of disputing my list, you tell me why movie theater attendance has been dropping for the last 20 years?
    The twenty years where the industry has been surviving just fine?

BANNED

The 20 years where the box office did record-setting business?