Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156
Results 2,326 to 2,338 of 2338

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Disney announced that the remaining movies of 2021 including Eternals will get an exclusive run in theaters. So even clueless Bob has realized that the day and date release is a mistake.

In other news Shang-Chi looks like it won't get a China release as old comments by Simu Liu that put the country in a negative light resurfaced. I fear this might bury its chances of making profit. For all the hype about its domestic run people ignore that Shang-Chi isn't doing so well in the rest of the world.
    I wonder if, despite the great domestic, this'll sink a sequel. That'd suck, but can't underestimate the importance of China to Hollywood these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is that more than usual? Less, Close to pre-COVID?
    For a Friday night at that time?

Less, depending on what was released in a given week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wonder if, despite the great domestic, this'll sink a sequel. That'd suck, but can't underestimate the importance of China to Hollywood these days.
    I think Marvel doesn't look only at the numbers to decide if a movie gets a sequel. I mean the first Ant-Man movie made rather disappointing numbers compared to the other MCU films and the character still got two more movies greenlit. It looks as if they clearly have big plans for the character and with the good reception I'd be surprised if Shang-Chi didn't get a sequel regardless of the final box office. Marvel will also take into account that it's hard for any solo movie to make big numbers in the current climate.

As for China, that seems to be a problem for whole Marvel, not just Shang-Chi as Black Widow also didn't get released there and Eternals likely won't, too.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Disney announced that the remaining movies of 2021 including Eternals will get an exclusive run in theaters. So even clueless Bob has realized that the day and date release is a mistake.
    He sure learned the hard way, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

And universal has confirmed it's putting halloween kills for free on peacocks pay version to try to save their hurting app same day as theatres.

So Christopher Nolan's next movie about J. Robert Oppenheimer will be produced and distributed by Universal Pictures, not by his longtime studio Warner. It's pretty clear that Warner's decision to go day and date on HBO Max with all their 2021 movies played a big part in Nolan's decision to leave his regular studio.

Disney with the Johansson lawsuit, Warner losing its high-profile director, one can say the day and date decisions are beginning to backfire.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

So Christopher Nolan's next movie about J. Robert Oppenheimer will be produced and distributed by Universal Pictures, not by his longtime studio Warner. It's pretty clear that Warner's decision to go day and date on HBO Max with all their 2021 movies played a big part in Nolan's decision to leave his regular studio.

Disney with the Johansson lawsuit, Warner losing its high-profile director, one can say the day and date decisions are beginning to backfire.
    It's just common sense. There were always going to be other outlets for top creative talent to go to instead of being beholden to Disney and WB. That the latter didn't understand this just boggles the mind.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vREbCkfsC34

Tom Hanks gives his opinion on the future of theatrical movies versus streaming. Pretty logical in my opinion.

Starts at just after the 8 minute mark and goes about six minutes, though the whole interview is good.
    Power with Girl is better.

Wrong thread
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-18-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

It was a mind boggling decision.

I think Nolan has moved to Universal which isn't good news for Warners.

Will Oppenheimer be moving through time?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, my friend talked me into it. I went to the theater today and saw Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. There were only 8 people in the theater and I remained fully masked but I was there. Not planning on making it a regular thing but at least I went this time.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vREbCkfsC34

Tom Hanks gives his opinion on the future of theatrical movies versus streaming. Pretty logical in my opinion.

Starts at just after the 8 minute mark and goes about six minutes, though the whole interview is good.

Yea it was an interesting interview. Tom always seems to have a lot of common sense.