Page 126 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2338

The survey is about what movie goers say they will do or not do. It's strange that I can't find any data that would be a straight percentage of how many movie goers actually buy from the concession stand. Seems an easy thing for any theater chain to estimate.

Whatever the percentage is, I assume it will be back to normal by the end of the year.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The bottom line is “very likely” and “somewhat likely” is still likely, there is no getting around this. No matter how you calculate it, more people buy concessions at the movies. But we really don’t need numbers to know this anyway, just walking into a multiplex and see with your own eyes.

The articles are not based on myth, the information is coming from industry insiders and theater owners. Again earnings is not profit.

Movie theaters are also retailers that need to sale their inventory to as many people as possible. The more people going to the movies the more people will buy popcorn, and vice versa.
    As I said, the information given to share holders(which has to be truthful by law) says differently.
    And you still don't get how to read surveys, I broke it down for you in black and white, very likely means atleast 60% of the time...and it's only 34% of people who said they bought that often. And the next tier down is even less often than that...so how do you get "still likely" when the number is ultimately less than half of all theater goers?

It's easy enough to just admit that once again your point of view just isn't supported by actual facts. It's okay to be wrong and it's a virtue to be able to admit when you are.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The articles are not based on myth, the information is coming from industry insiders and theater owners. Again earnings is not profit.
    Just because you're an insider doesn't mean you understand basic math.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    As I said, the information given to share holders(which has to be truthful by law) says differently.
    And you still don't get how to read surveys, I broke it down for you in black and white, very likely means atleast 60% of the time...and it's only 34% of people who said they bought that often. And the next tier down is even less often than that...so how do you get "still likely" when the number is ultimately less than half of all theater goers?

It's easy enough to just admit that once again your point of view just isn't supported by actual facts. It's okay to be wrong and it's a virtue to be able to admit when you are.
    I can accept your math, but it’s not going to change the facts that theaters need to sale concessions to survive according to industry insiders. The argument that most moviegoers ain’t buying concessions, okay take that position, but that doesn’t bold well for theaters. Theaters need the highest percentage of moviegoers as possible to buy their overpriced popcorn, soda, hot dogs and candy, especially in this covid times. With experts saying the theaters may not be back to normal until 2024, a lower percentage of moviegoers buying concessions plus the lower attendance is bad for theaters. If you want theaters to be healthy, then you should want moviegoers buying concessions to be over 50%.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-15-2021 at 10:31 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The survey is about what movie goers say they will do or not do. It's strange that I can't find any data that would be a straight percentage of how many movie goers actually buy from the concession stand. Seems an easy thing for any theater chain to estimate.

Whatever the percentage is, I assume it will be back to normal by the end of the year.
    I was thinking the same thing. Surveys really don’t tell us anything and some people are not truthful in these surveys. I rather see raw numbers from the theater chains. From what I’ve observed when I went the theaters, I think it’s around 70%

If you want theaters to be healthy, then you should want moviegoers buying concessions to be over 50%.
    Where is the 50% figure coming from, what is it based on? How was it determined/ calculated?

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Where is the 50% figure coming from, what is it based on? How was it determined/ calculated?
    A survey of theater goers.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ie-theater-us/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I can accept your math, but it’s not going to change the facts that theaters need to sale concessions to survive according to industry insiders. The argument that most moviegoers ain’t buying concessions, okay take that position, but that doesn’t bold well for theaters. Theaters need the highest percentage of moviegoers as possible to buy their overpriced popcorn, soda, hot dogs and candy, especially in this covid times. With experts saying the theaters may not be back to normal until 2024, a lower percentage of moviegoers buying concessions plus the lower attendance is bad for theaters. If you want theaters to be healthy, then you should want moviegoers buying concessions to be over 50%.
    It would certainly help but it's not make or break as only 25% of their total income comes from concessions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    No, I get that, thanks. But my question was regarding ''If you want theaters to be healthy, then you should want moviegoers buying concessions to be over 50%'' - seems to be a random number?

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    No, I get that, thanks. But my question was regarding ''If you want theaters to be healthy, then you should want moviegoers buying concessions to be over 50%'' - seems to be a random number?
    luprki would have to show hismath on actual dollars made by theaters. Not that he is wrong in his assumption.

Astonishing Member

Here is what might end movie theaters. Morons who won't get vaccinated.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Here is what might end movie theaters. Morons who won't get vaccinated.
    Most likely many of these "morons" wouldn't be going to the theaters, anyway.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Yeah...except its from screenrant which is like the internet equivalent of the national inquirer

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah...except its from screenrant which is like the internet equivalent of the national inquirer
    Screen rant is actually pretty good as far as entertainment news gos.