Page 134 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2338
  1. #1996
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Have anyone thought BW is not doing well because itís not that good movie and MCU fatigue.
    (Possible "Hocus Pocus..." garbage reason versus the piracy that we all actually know happened...)

    I know what my box of jellybeans is on.

  2. #1997
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    You keep saying this.F9 was released in China, it didnt have same day streaming in many markets like BW. Why do you care what F9 made at box office?
    You are kidding, right?

  3. #1998
    Incredible Member chicago_bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    You keep saying this.F9 was released in China, it didnt have same day streaming in many markets like BW. Why do you care what F9 made at box office?
    I care about what F9 made because it shows that your argument that that all movies are doing equally bad as BW in this environment is plain wrong. F9 is a movie that was released in this environment and made roughly 300 million more than BW to this point.

    So the bolded part is exactly the point. F9 made more money primarily because it didn't have same day streaming. So how can you still write in the other thread that nobody knows if BW's box office would have been better without Disney+ release when you admit it here yourself that the box office of another movie benefitted from not having a parallel streaming release?

    And I'm not going to repeat the China issue for the third time. You replied to my posting regarding China in the other thread so it's clear that you have read it, so why are you bringing up points again that I have debunked? If you think my arguments are invalid you should have answered in said thread but you didn't.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

  4. #1999
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I care about what F9 made because it shows that your argument that that all movies are doing equally bad as BW in this environment is plain wrong. F9 is a movie that was released in this environment and made roughly 300 million more than BW to this point.
    Yeah, there's really no way F9 would have made more than BW two years ago. Anybody making that bet would have lost big.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  5. #2000
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    I care about what F9 made because it shows that your argument that that all movies are doing equally bad as BW in this environment is plain wrong. F9 is a movie that was released in this environment and made roughly 300 million more than BW to this point.

    So the bolded part is exactly the point. F9 made more money primarily because it didn't have same day streaming. So how can you still write in the other thread that nobody knows if BW's box office would have been better without Disney+ release when you admit it here yourself that the box office of another movie benefitted from not having a parallel streaming release?

    And I'm not going to repeat the China issue for the third time. You replied to my posting regarding China in the other thread so it's clear that you have read it, so why are you bringing up points again that I have debunked? If you think my arguments are invalid you should have answered in said thread but you didn't.

    But Disney gave their customers a choice. Thats a good thing. Why the heck are you upset at that? You seem mad that Disney gave their customers the ability to stream during a pandemic. This just seems stupid.

  6. #2001
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, there's really no way F9 would have made more than BW two years ago. Anybody making that bet would have lost big.

    But it only made more because of same day streaming. And there is nothing wrong with that. Why is same day streaming bad for customers? Its great.

  7. #2002
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    But Disney gave their customers a choice. Thats a good thing. Why the heck are you upset at that? You seem mad that Disney gave their customers the ability to stream during a pandemic. This just seems stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    But it only made more because of same day streaming. And there is nothing wrong with that. Why is same day streaming bad for customers? Its great.
    Politely, you seem insistent on discussing an entirely different issue.

    The issue here is if they should have to compensate someone because they decided to change the way they were going to release a film.

    If that was or was not god for customers is almost completely a non-issue.

  8. #2003
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, you seem insistent on discussing an entirely different issue.

    The issue here is if they should have to compensate someone because they decided to change the way they were going to release a film.

    If that was or was not god for customers is almost completely a non-issue.

    The situation changed. The company changed. They compensated her a lot of money. This isn't some normal everyday thing that is happening out there. All of you guys and Scar Jo wanted Disney to release this in the theaters only. Thats not giving the customers a choice in this pandemic. Thats not good business. Lots of people took pay cuts during this pandemic. I have a hard time sympathizing with a multi millionaire when thousands of people are dying a day from covid.

  9. #2004
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    The situation changed. The company changed. They compensated her a lot of money. This isn't some normal everyday thing that is happening out there. All of you guys and Scar Jo wanted Disney to release this in the theaters only. Thats not giving the customers a choice in this pandemic. Thats not good business. Lots of people took pay cuts during this pandemic. I have a hard time sympathizing with a multi millionaire when thousands of people are dying a day from covid.
    I'm okay with them wanting to change the release...but when you do that after you already have contracts signed there are consequences if you do so with out renegotiating those prior commitments.

    To believe that it should be otherwise simply because she's already a millionaire so boo-hoo if she doesn't make as much as her contract stipulated because other people got paid less during the pandemic is just naive.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 07-30-2021 at 06:54 AM.

  10. #2005
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm okay with them wanting to change the release...but when you do that after you already have contracts signed there are consequences.


    If there are consequences there are consequences. Thats up to the lawyers. But there are people on this board who seem upset because BW hasn't made more money at the Box office than F-9. For me I don't give a crap. Disney gave their customers a choice and I am happy they did. And I hope they do with Shang Chi to. Because the way this pandemic is going not many people will be going to the theater in sept.

  11. #2006
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    But it only made more because of same day streaming. And there is nothing wrong with that. Why is same day streaming bad for customers? Its great.
    But the film companies are not making as much with streaming, however. Now that might not mean anything to you or me*, but it surely means something to them. So the idea that streaming is going to replace theaters, again, is just silliness.

    * Excepting the fact big-budget films will go the way of the dinosaur. That's the thing that will disappear, not theaters.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  12. #2007
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You are kidding, right?
    No I am not kidding why do you care what F9 made at the box office? Are you a theater owner?

  13. #2008
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    If there are consequences there are consequences. Thats up to the lawyers. But there are people on this board who seem upset because BW hasn't made more money at the Box office than F-9. For me I don't give a crap. Disney gave their customers a choice and I am happy they did. And I hope they do with Shang Chi to. Because the way this pandemic is going not many people will be going to the theater in sept.
    You're off in your own little word here arguing with yourself then it seems as nothing you've said here has anything to do with literally anything else here.

  14. #2009
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    But the film companies are not making as much with streaming, however. Now that might not mean anything to you or me*, but it surely means something to them. So the idea that streaming is going to replace theaters, again, is just silliness.

    * Excepting the fact big-budget films will go the way of the dinosaur. That's the thing that will disappear, not theaters.

    So if they are not making as much money as releasing it in the box office why did they release it same day streaming. Is Disney stupid? Why are they doing it with Jungle Cruise? I am not the other guy saying the theaters will die. But Disney as a corporation right now in this environment is giving its customers a choice. That to me is a good thing. Because I don't want to go to the theater right now.

  15. #2010
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    So if they are not making as much money as releasing it in the box office why did they release it same day streaming. Is Disney stupid? Why are they doing it with Jungle Cruise? I am not the other guy saying the theaters will die. But Disney as a corporation right now in this environment is giving its customers a choice. That to me is a good thing. Because I don't want to go to the theater right now.
    No one's against the choice...Like I said you're arguing against yourself here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •