Page 109 of 156 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2338
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The deceiving part of this topic, Are Malls dead? Are video game arcades dead? Is regular mail dead? Are news paper dead? I don't think dying means that they all will disappear. I think at some point Theaters will be a niche thing like newspapers or arcades.
    Dying out doesn't mean total gone, Dying out does mean not relevant to culture. Malls are dying out because people can shop online, It does not mean that all Malls are going to die but stores that are inside of Mall are different and maybe at some point these stores will adjust by turning into delivery centers as well. I am not predicting theaters dying any time soon but if 45 day window is gone the landscape for Theaters will total change.

I think Studios will get comfortable enough with making money from Streaming that some point will be will be higher priority that the Theaters because it makes more consistent money to the Theaters more explosive money. Of course as long as they can do both they will do both but I think there will be a point where making Streaming customer happy will out weigh making Theater customers happy. Netflix at 200 million makes 20 billion in revenue, Disney Plus at 103 million subs should make about 9 billion. Disney movies in 2019 made 13 billion which a record breaking year that will be hard to reach. Again they want to both things but lets say they make movies theaters only make 7 billion but Streaming makes 22 Billion who are they going to favor? What they are they going to protect more sub numbers or theater numbers

Now someone is going to mention profit vs revenue. Netflix and Disney plus going to be in debt forever? At some point in time the profit are going to be larger because they will not have as much debt. When Disney hits 150 million actual active subs worldwide that means every year they will be making about 14 billon dollars, The same amount as the record year in the theaters
    But seeing a movie in a theater is unquestionably a greater experience than seeing one at home, regardless of the advancements in televisions in recent years. It's also been a very popular dating experience for decades now. Where is the replacement for it? The younger crowd is just not going to stay bunkered down in the houses.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    But seeing a movie in a theater is unquestionably a greater experience than seeing one at home, regardless of the advancements in televisions in recent years. It's also been a very popular dating experience for decades now. Where is the replacement for it? The younger crowd is just not going to stay bunkered down in the houses.
    That It is fair but like I said Malls aren't dead either but as online shopping becomes more popular they either have to evolve or have way less of them around. But some Malls are going to exist always but in future it wouldn't be fundamental part of people shopping experience.

I don't think Theaters will ever completely go away theaters can stand on their own against the home experience BUT I think that doesn't apply to every movie. Which means I can see a world with way less theaters or Theaters evolving into something else for example I think one of most common Arcades I believe is Dave and Busters. I can see something like that happening to the Theater industry where the food part has to carry as much weight as movie part.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-09-2021 at 06:24 AM.

That It is fair but like I said Malls aren't dead either but as online shopping becomes more popular they either have to evolve or have way less of them around. But some Malls are going to exist always but in future it wouldn't be fundamental part of people shopping experience.

I don't think Theaters will ever completely go away theaters can stand on their own against the home experience BUT I think that doesn't apply to every movie. Which means I can see a world with way less theaters or Theaters evolving into something else for example I think one of most common Arcades I believe is Dave and Busters. I can see something like that happening to the Theater industry where the food part has to carry as much weight as movie part.
    I agree with you that some low-budget films could do very well streaming. The big-budget films will still be theater bound, IMO.

BANNED

The theater experience is overrated, although it’s great for some people, it’s not great for others, some people despise it, but they go anyway because it used to be the only way to see a movie early on. Now with same day and short theatrical window these people have a choice. It all way good to have a choice. Unfortunately I think the studios are making that choice for us by focusing on streaming. The move toward streaming is not fan driven, it’s studio driven.

This is what I have been trying to get across, you articulated better than I did.
    Last edited by luprki; 06-09-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    The theater experience is overrated, although it’s great for some people, it’s not great for others, some people despise it, but they go anyway because it used to be the only way to see a movie early on. Now with same day and short theatrical window these people have a choice. It all way good to have a choice. Unfortunately I think the studios are making that choice for us by focusing on streaming. The move toward streaming is not fan driven, it’s studio driven.
    Obviously you don't like theaters, which would put you in the minority. As for streaming, anything that's not fan driven is a recipe for failure.

BANNED

Obviously you don't like theaters, which would put you in the minority. As for streaming, anything that's not fan driven is a recipe for failure.
    No, I like theaters, before 2020 I was going about 20 times pre year. I just think things are changing with studios putting their focus on streaming, shorting the theatrical window, four major studios starting their own streaming service within the last year and a half and the fifth major studio Sony, signs a deal with Netflix and Disney+.

But those people almost never went to the movies and they are not the ones the theaters are hoping to get back. It's the millions who went to the movies before the pandemic that will tell the future.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

No, I like theaters, before 2020 I was going about 20 times pre year. I just think things are changing with studios putting their focus on streaming, shorting the theatrical window, four major studios starting their own streaming service within the last year and a half and the fifth major studio Sony, signs a deal with Netflix and Disney+.
    But that was due to the pandemic. Now that things are getting back to normal, that will affect the streaming services.

BANNED

The four major studios streaming services was in the works before the pandemic, Disney+ was launch before anybody heard of Covid. Disney CEO Bob Chapek when asked about his reorganization to focus on streaming, said this was happening before COVID. The pandemic just accelerate it.

The four major studios streaming services was in the works before the pandemic, Disney+ was launch before anybody heard of Covid. Disney CEO Bob Chapek when asked about his reorganization to focus on streaming, said this was happening before COVID. The pandemic just accelerate it.

Right, but the services weren't intended to be airing everything, but only selected titles.

BANNED

Thanks, I didn’t know that. Where can I find this information?

Right, but the services weren't intended to be airing everything, but only selected titles.
    Jeez, yeah...

While it feels like there is a section of the public that believes otherwise?

Current(and near future...) streaming was never meant to be the pie. It's the scoop of ice cream on the side.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Jeez, yeah...

While it feels like there is a section of the public that believes otherwise?

Current(and near future...) streaming was never meant to be the pie. It's the scoop of ice cream on the side.
    It has to start somewhere, now it going to be impossible to stop that momentum.

It has to start somewhere, now it going to be impossible to stop that momentum.
    Not when we are the ones buying the pie.

The person selling the pie(and choosing to or not to sell the scoop of ice cream on the side...) is making the only call that is actually worth taking note of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not when we are the ones buying the pie.

The person selling the pie(and choosing to or not to sell the scoop of ice cream on the side...) is making the only call that is actually worth taking note of.
    It has evolved beyond pie