Page 150 of 156 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2338
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I prefer to eat during.

Un-benefits.

As I mentioned to someone else, the issue isn't what you prefer, it's what the provider prefers. To me, it doesn't take much imagination to see that streaming is ultimately designed to eliminate the cost of pressing and packaging discs, and provide a more reliable revenue stream than physical media ever could. If they thought a significant part of the market wouldn't put up with it, they wouldn't consider it, but clearly that market share is pretty small even at this stage of streaming evolution.
    I could definitely see it going that way, I think we discussed it earlier but until I saw a novelty packaging of the Lord of the Rings last year I can't remember the last time I bought a DVD and I used to buy just about every movie I liked on DVD previously. The thing is though...I don't need to anymore, the whole value of having it on DVD(and before on VHS) was that it gave you the luxury of being able to watch your favorite movies when ever you wanted but with streaming I can do the same. Sure, if it's not a Disney film I might need to look a little harder to find it but between Netflix, Hulu(which I get with Disney +) and Amazon Prime it's rare that I can't get a hold of any movie I might want to see when ever I want to see it .

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    But this is the first time the studios are doing same day releases and/or a very short theatrical window. Disney recently moved their window to 33 days from 45 days, at this rate it will be 21 days by the end of the year.
    https://comicbook.com/movies/news/wa...ow-2022-films/

Warner Bros. and AMC Theatres Agree To Exclusive but Shorter Theatrical Window For 2022 Films
    For many this was thought of as the beginning of the end for theatrical exhibition, including the suits at AMC Theatres, but speaking during their quarterly earnings call this afternoon have confirmed a deal has been reached. AMC CEO Adam Aron revealed that an agreement for a 45-day exclusive theatrical window for all of Warner Bros. 2022 feature films has come together, meaning that films like The Batman will only appear in theaters upon release.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So, you agree that you express yourself in debate form, that you are debating, which requires you to back up your viewpoint. And yet you also agree that these are your opinions that are unbacked and that you've lost the debate. Then why present yourself in a debate fashion to begin with instead of a "in my personal opinion that could be wrong" fashion to begin with?
    lol,no. Not even close

lol,no. Not even close
    But...that's literally what you said in that post? That...I honestly have to ask now, is English not your primary language?

BANNED

I remember when arcades was the place of playing video game and just hanging out, until Xbox and PlayStation.

I remember when I could go to Sears to get anything, until amazon.com and sears.com

I remember when pagers were popular, until smartphones

Technology has a major influence on our culture and behavior.

I remember when arcades was the place of playing video game and just hanging out, until Xbox and PlayStation.

I remember when I could go to Sears to get anything, until amazon.com and sears.com

I remember when pagers were popular, until smartphones

Technology has a major influence on our culture and behavior.
    I remember when big movie studios didn't have to sweat streaming releases going off in their face like an Acme kit because of digital piracy reaching in and grabbing millions.

Also remember that the theatrical release model was a pretty effective way to deal with that exact issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I remember when big movie studios didn't have to sweat streaming releases going off in their face like an Acme kit because of digital piracy reaching in and grabbing millions.

Also remember that the theatrical release model was a pretty effective way to deal with that exact issue.
    As if privacy is something new.

As if privacy is something new.
    "Privacy..." is nothing new.

Piracy with the means to deliver exactly like streaming? Where folks who didn't pay can watch it within hours of it's streaming release?

Never mind spoilers...

Yes. Short of you having a concrete example of something comparable existing in the past, it is absolutely new.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Privacy..." is nothing new.

Piracy with the means to deliver exactly like streaming? Where folks who didn't pay can watch it within hours of it's streaming release?

Never mind spoilers...

Yes. Short of you having a concrete example of something comparable existing in the past, it is absolutely new.
    Don’t seems to be a problem in the gaming and music industry. It never was a problem with Netflix either.

Don’t seems to be a problem in the gaming and music industry. It never was a problem with Netflix either.
    You are goofing around, right?

Past that...

One's view of how things "Seem..." to them?

It doesn't amount to much when we have the proof of rampant piracy of films released to streaming same day as their theatrical release.

It is fact.

How it "Seems..." to anyone of doesn't change what has actually already taken place.

Are...are you kidding? Piracy kicked the legs out from under the music industry - it was a HUGE deal after the turn of the century, it was on the news all the time, Napster, it's why musicians don't make as much money as they used to and make most of their money from concerts now. It's just...terrible. Studio executives would largely prefer literally being shot in the foot, risking losing toes, than to see piracy do to their industry what it did to the music industry. If you think it hasn't been a huge problem, you have been wildly uninformed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Are...are you kidding? Piracy kicked the legs out from under the music industry - it was a HUGE deal after the turn of the century, it was on the news all the time, Napster, it's why musicians don't make as much money as they used to and make most of their money from concerts now. It's just...terrible. Studio executives would largely prefer literally being shot in the foot, risking losing toes, than to see piracy do to their industry what it did to the music industry. If you think it hasn't been a huge problem, you have been wildly uninformed.
    And yet the music industry is alive and well.

Yes, but not better off ~ many of them would kill to get back to pre-piracy days, so you can't exactly argue in favor of it as a smart business model.

Ultimate Member

Is it really?

The entire music industry model has changed and definitely not for the better for the artists.

Yes, record studios are still in business but the industry is definitely not what it was prior to piracy becoming a thing. Seriously, there’s an entire generation of people that have NEVER paid for music in their entire lives.