Page 137 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2338
    BANNED

Why did Focus Films even bother putting Stillwater in theaters?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Probably wasn’t a violation. Always read the disclaimers and fine print before signing any contract.
    The book deal is a huge violation...it's not even up for debate. Alan Dean Forester wrote books about Star Wars and Alien and he was contracted to receive royalties from these novels for so long as they remained in print. Disney bought Lucas film and then Fox...and then decided they no longer needed to pay royalties because they're Disney and little guys don't matter to them...but when you buy a company you buy their debts and obligations as well so they still need to pay Forester and everyone else still contracted to receive royalties from their work.

It's very basic contract law.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-31-2021 at 06:08 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The book deal is a huge violation...it's not even up for debate. Alan Dean Forester wrote books about Star Wars and Alien and he was contracted to receive royalties from these novels for so long as they remained in print. Disney bought Lucas film and then Fox...and then decided they no longer needed to pay royalties because they're Disney and little guys don't matter to them...but when you buy a company you buy their debts and obligations as well so they still need to pay Forester and everyone else still contracted to receive royalties from their work.

It's very basic contract law.
    Why haven’t he sue Mickey? Probably because he has no case and his lawyer advised him of that. Something that ScarJo lawyers should have did too. Look, I’m no fan of the evil mouse, but they have powerful lawyers who has covered all the tracks. That something you don’t understand, it’s not about basic contract law, it’s about who has the best attorneys.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-31-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Why haven’t he sue Mickey? Probably because he has no case and his lawyer advised him of that. Something that ScarJo lawyers should have did too. Look, I’m no fan of the evil mouse, but they have powerful lawyers who has covered all the tracks
    ...He did sue.

And he apparently got a very satisfying out of court settlement after suing.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-31-2021 at 06:09 PM.

hopefully there will be a settlement. then Scarlett can appear in a solo Disney plus series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully there will be a settlement. then Scarlett can appear in a solo Disney plus series.
    I think they will settle, but I also think we have seen the last of ScarJo with Disney

BANNED

So far her fellow MCU actors hasn’t come to her defense. Which is odd, because every time Chris Pratt opens his mouth they run to his defense.

BANNED

...He did sue.

And he apparently got a very satisfying out of court settlement after suing.
    Foster publicize his complaint against Disney, but he never actually filed a lawsuit.

Probably wasn’t a violation. Always read the disclaimers and fine print before signing any contract.
    Try again.

They clearly stopped paying the prose novel writers the royalties the contracts called for and then had lawyers issue statements that essentially said when they bought the rights to the entire Star Wars franchise, they didn't buy the liabilities the existing contracts are. Which is an entirely indefensible position. It was a rather big story because some writers had to get their writer's guilds involved and when Disney ignored them, they went public which forced Disney to start having to account for what they owed and start paying them. Alan Dean Foster was just the biggest name but there were a number of other authors involved. And why didn't they sue? Are you kidding me? You think Foster had the funds to sue Disney when he was basically begging them for a bowl of porridge?

Disney was full of **** and they knew it. The company is scum for basically making authors beg for the little money they were contractually owed. All because they just didn't feel like living up to their contractual obligations.
    Last edited by Deathstroke; 07-31-2021 at 06:35 PM.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Try again.

They clearly stopped paying the prose novel writers the royalties the contracts called for and then had lawyers issue statements that essentially said when they bought the rights to the entire Star Wars franchise, they didn't buy the liabilities the existing contracts are. Which is an entirely indefensible position. It was a rather big story because some writers had to get their writer's guilds involved and when Disney ignored them, they went public which forced Disney to start having to account for what they owed and start paying them. Alan Dean Foster was just the biggest name but there were a number of other authors involved. And why didn't they sue? Are you kidding me? You think Foster had the funds to sue Disney when he was basically begging them for a bowl of porridge?

Disney was full of **** and they knew it. The company is scum for basically making authors beg for the little money they were contractually owed. All because they just didn't feel like living up to their contractual obligations.
    Foster was smart for going public. I think he knew he could beat Disney with publicity and had no chance of beating Disney legally.

Foster was smart for going public. I think he knew he could beat Disney with publicity and had no chance of beating Disney legally.
    He had 100% chance of beating them legally...it's very simple man, when you buy a company you buy its contracts, debts and obligations. If this wasn't the case then any company that was in debt would just sell to their brother and erase that debt.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

He had 100% chance of beating them legally...it's very simple man, when you buy a company you buy its contracts, debts and obligations. If this wasn't the case then any company that was in debt would just sell to their brother and erase that debt.
    Yeah, the idea Disney had a chance of winning this in court is just crazy talk. If they had a chance, they would never have settled out of court.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

No, as others said he had a case and definitely would have won - but he probably figured it wasn't worth the cost and time and frustration to have Disney's lawyers drag it out for years, easier and faster to just take the large settlement out of court.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Okay, so what you're saying is anybody can get a nice out-of-court settlement from Disney, even if they haven't a legal leg to stand on, because of the possibility of bad publicity?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Disney for only the second time (the rest reported bombed or did not make what disney wanted) access numbers. Jungle cruise made $30m on access. (more tickets lost) And like black widow don't expect week 2 numbers as black widow week 2 access sank like a rock in the seas of black widow bootlegs taken from disney plus.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ht-1234991247/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-01-2021 at 09:59 AM.