Page 155 of 156 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2338

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Marketing is marketing. My point stands.
    That's like saying, "Running a division is running a division." So since he ran the theme parks, he can run the studio. I think he has outgrown his expertise.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That's like saying, "Running a division is running a division." So since he ran the theme parks, he can run the studio. I think he has outgrown his expertise.
    No, it's like saying "if you know how to present a product to the general public so they will want to buy it, or at least not shy away from it, then you know marketing."

No, it's like saying "if you know how to present a product to the general public so they will want to buy it, or at least not shy away from it, then you know marketing."
    I said his background was marketing, not that he was any good at it. I mean how hard was it to promote Disney Home Videos? Also, running a marketing division and knowing what to say publicly to the media are two different things. Marketing is not the same as PR.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...eaters-friday/

Glenn Danzig’s ‘Death Rider in the House of Vampires’ Opening in 200+ U.S. Theaters This Friday!

Spectacular Member

If his background is in marketing, one would expect him to not say that something directed to the mass market is an experiment. That's for focus groups.
    This was a statement he made on investor call, that was taken out completely of context.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I've never even heard of this movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I've never even heard of this movie...
    Kinda the whole point...

If Glenn Danzig can get his second film a two hundred theater theatrical opening "Belly Button..." deep into a pandemic?

I'm not so sure that the theatrical model is in serious trouble.

Kinda the whole point...

If Glenn Danzig can get his second film a two hundred theater theatrical opening "Belly Button..." deep into a pandemic?

I'm not so sure that the theatrical model is in serious trouble.
    Could have said that was the point - I was trying to understand how it related to the thread.

As for if this points to good news for the theatrical model, that kind of depends doesn't it? Is it getting so many openings because theaters are doing well, or because they're desperate for content up on their screens people can't just stream at home? It's an interesting question, and I wish I knew. Here's hoping things go well for this release at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Could have said that was the point - I was trying to understand how it related to the thread.

As for if this points to good news for the theatrical model, that kind of depends doesn't it? Is it getting so many openings because theaters are doing well, or because they're desperate for content up on their screens people can't just stream at home? It's an interesting question, and I wish I knew. Here's hoping things go well for this release at any rate.
    On the one hand?

I guess that I can see that take.

On the other hand?

This is an unrated film that does not even have any kind of a studio behind it.

In a thread that made some pretty dire predictions for small films and their future in theaters, this is worth taking note of.

On the one hand?

I guess that I can see that take.

On the other hand?

This is an unrated film that does not even have any kind of a studio behind it.

In a thread that made some pretty dire predictions for small films and their future in theaters, this is worth taking note of.
    To be fair, only one person was predicting the death of small films...

Just to note, 200 theaters is a very small release. Free Guy opened in over 4,000.

Anecdotal evidence...

Even with a statewide mask mandate back in place, the local Cinemark theater's lot was roughly two-thirds full at 9:40pm.

Anecdotal evidence...

Even with a statewide mask mandate back in place, the local Cinemark theater's lot was roughly two-thirds full at 9:40pm.
    Is that more than usual? Less, Close to pre-COVID?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is that more than usual? Less, Close to pre-COVID?
    Went to see Shang-Chi and I would say 2/3rds capacity would be a reasonable eyeball for how it looked to me as well. I would say if I went there pre-COVID, I wouldn't have noted the size of the attendees in any particular way one way or another.

Disney announced that the remaining movies of 2021 including Eternals will get an exclusive run in theaters. So even clueless Bob has realized that the day and date release is a mistake.

In other news Shang-Chi looks like it won't get a China release as old comments by Simu Liu that put the country in a negative light resurfaced. I fear this might bury its chances of making profit. For all the hype about its domestic run people ignore that Shang-Chi isn't doing so well in the rest of the world.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.